Chips
Usually just listen to music or watching some football on the tele

sCATpoker

sCATpoker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends if I am serious about maximizing my profit than I would be taking notes for reference in the future. (Usually ring game or the occasional larger bi mtt.)

If Im playing a mtt (usually play low micro 1 or 2 bux or freeroll) where it is more for amusement and not likely to run into same player at game I care about than the answer would be....drinking a lot of beer.

nc_royals

nc_royals

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone actually watch the game theyre playing? Possibly take notes and look for good spots?

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
listen to classical music or check my facebook.

Tinie107

Tinie107

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Facebook, cardschat and music usually.

S

sagiPOTM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i couldn't agree more with you my friend :)...you forgot to mention that you sometimes watch adult movies while playing online, that could be distracting too, don't you think? :D

hahahahah :D mby sometimes, but then it's impossible to play :p :D

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just poker.....stopped multi tasking weeks ago, enjoy the game more now when its just me and the game.

S

ScottishMatt

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play with myself. I tend to rise and fall depending on well I run. As of now I haven't had a boner in week . . . Damn poker! It broke my ****!

S

stado

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone actually watch the game theyre playing? Possibly take notes and look for good spots?

haha, perfect response. I focus more if it's late in the tourney, but when I'm grinding day in day out, it's good to have music/other distractions going, even if it cuts in my profitability by a little as I regain it by not burning out as easily which lets me play more games which = more profit.

Last edited:
N

nightmoves44

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watch tv,it helps keep me calm and not get in a hurry.Sometime I catch myself surfing the net anyways..lol

Leo 50

Leo 50

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will sometimes have some music going in the background
BUT I’m there to play poker.

:cool:

SicKBeATz

SicKBeATz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I log on and jump into a micro Mtt I'm usually not too focused on the game until 2nd or 3rd break sometimes not until final table. Usually just lurk the forums here.

If it's a bigger game that I've planned ahead of time to play I tend to just focus on the game.

Boocha

Boocha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it's a micro mtt I usually put on some netflix or youtube. If it's a mtt with a bigger buy in or a cash game then I am focusing on the game and taking notes.

Yoshimiii

Yoshimiii

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i listen to music sometimes and play alot of xbox cod while playing online.. what things do you guys do i was thinking about trying to practice learning another language

I tried learning German off Rosetta stone twice...
Failed both times, takes lots of time out of the day and I cba.

While playing I listen to Michael Jackson :elefant:

ChipEaterMan

ChipEaterMan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Shave beard,Cut Toe Nails... Naww I'm just kidding.That sounded like something that might be on X-games or something.I do watch sports,cook/microwave food or something,watch poker on youtube,check e-mail,set outside on patio,listen to pandora radio.

T

ThatsBone

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Been playing a lot of battlefield 3 lately as the tables wind down.

1ofTheFellas

1ofTheFellas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ideally, you should be focusing on your tables... this is in a perfect world...

I try and only keep music on, or stay on a skype call with buddies to keep the poker talk going and keep my mind from straying away from the task at hand

Abedin120

Abedin120

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually listen music, but sometimes I watch sport or maybe chat on facebook, or maybe write some posts on cardschat like at this moment :)

fan_diaz

fan_diaz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
music, facebook and cardschat :)
Sometimes, I watch TV too

Wolfpack43ACC

Wolfpack43ACC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pandora, TV on in the background or I go complete silence mode focused.

Use old school AIM as well since I have buddies that play poker and we all like to chat while we're in the middle of our sessions or what not. And I shouldn't have to clarify this but no not in a cheating manner, just to talk about how we're doing on the day, joke around, bullshit about our lives, different hands we've played, strategy etc.

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Focus. :p

Usually I listen to some music, and depending on the number of tables, I could read threads in forum, emails, internet, etc.

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Music, chat sometimes unless I'm playing like two hypers or 6 cash tables and have like zero time to do anything else before it's my turn to act somewhere.

I don't understand people who can mass-table, and in a sense I'm in awe of them -- especially people who mass-table relatively fast formats like 6max, such as Ducky. I very rarely play more than 4 tables of anything.