Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't believe in it. For those who do and you choose to sit out, how can you be sure you're not actually sitting out from a huge hot streak and that the bad beats stopped on the very next hand???

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't believe in it. For those who do and you choose to sit out, how can you be sure you're not actually sitting out from a huge hot streak and that the bad beats stopped on the very next hand???
Agree!
This week I will not play poker to get the bad vibes out:cry::cry:
Just grab a bottle of whiskey, calm your nerves, sleep on it & when u wake up its a brand new day of poker!

Last edited:
amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This belief is limiting! This just makes you unprofitable in poker, bad times exist, they are part of the process, this is totally normal. You have to ask yourself if you are making the best decisions if you beat the field you play. Sticking with these limiting beliefs won't get you anywhere.

Taking a few days to reset your mind and calm down is a great option too.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
everyone has a losing streak, if you are a good player, then after a bad streak, a good one will definitely come :)

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
when you're really bad at poker just do some other things and take a break from poker because in a couple of days you'll get better at poker just pass this time will be a new time to win

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do like to sit put for a while, but during that time I study during the times that I would be playing poker. It helps me refocus and refresh and I sometimes pick up leaks in my game that I can go back to the table and fix.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Thoroughly recommend spending some time during breaks analysing and studying... (y) ;)

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Just had a bad weekend but it was mainly my fault. freerolls only until next weekend then one small cash tournament.

Fernando_RO

Fernando_RO

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
What I do depends on the type of hand and where it is, for example when it's at cash tables or when it's in a tournament or freeroll and you're about to enter prizes and that happens to you if it's very annoying, literally I can get sad, frustrated or angry. Actually, lately I always have bad beats and the worst of all is that I tend to connect trios but on the river they almost always connect stairs. It feels bad I'm not going to lie, just today I lost a $500 freeroll in which on the full flop a trio of Q and the villain starts bluffing I booted him all-in and he pays me with J-2 suited of spades, a pike had fallen on the flop, and on the turn and river they throw two spades at him, I felt horrible.

At first you feel bad, but if you know how to handle it and you can transform that frustration into motivation to keep learning and improving, it will be good in the long run, it can be very good. In general, a few days ago I felt terrible, but thanks to all the people and moderators of the forum who helped me not to feel so bad, I'm still here trying.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I take a break for 2 - 3 days. Sometimes going down in stakes also helps.

GERSteven

GERSteven

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
a break is not the best cure for everything. how do you know if the next tournament won't go better? and what do you do after the break if you lose again? another break? I think keep playing but with calm and understanding. Good and bad luck are very close together and you never know when it will happen.

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Breathe, analyze your game if you are playing right, take a time. Then, comeback with confidence!

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I should take a break- but I keep going in hopes my luck will turn around.

PupsikCat

PupsikCat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
A bad streak has begun, dropping down the limits for a while or freerolls from card chat is the best solution!

in general, you also need to take a break from poker so as not to burn out

Huntre

Huntre

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
break always good, but also you need take some lessons from bad streak maybe it helps ;).