What do we need to win?

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Of the OP's options D is the closest in my 20+ years experience....

At micro/low stakes you need the following:
1) bankroll management
2) Mental toughness/tilt control
3) Patience
4) TAG style of play+exploits for the player pool

^You don't need to spend a single dime to get, have and build those 4 things up strong enough/good enough to beat micro/low stakes. There's a ton of free stuff and knowledge on the internet just use google and start studying learning. You do need a HUD for studying and hand reviews.

Someone will now come along and say you really don't need #1 if you got a day job and work. They'd be right technically.....but if you wanna be a long term winning player bankroll management is one of the keys to being a winning player. Best to get in the habit early learn how and what works for you bankroll wise with the volume you play. Don't wait because once one gets into bad habits like not having a bankroll, not knowing how to use it and what works for you and the volume you play is a hard habit to break. So get in the habit of having a bankroll very early in poker journey things will go much better and smoother in the long term.

Cheers!!!

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
You need enough bankroll , a lot of patience and practice , Strategy and set goals before every session .

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
stay patient, focused and calm :)
I think this is the most important thing.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a. I think it takes enough money and a lot of luck to win a lot of money in poker.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
winning a tournament and playing for profit at a distance can be two different things, a lot of things consist of playing for profit at a distance, and it consists of the right bankroll and making the right decisions, and not falling into tilt and without luck, there’s no way to win, but to win the tournament is cool!

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
...can't believe no one mentioned coffee😎👍

Baoka

Baoka

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
Calm yourself confidently and keep a cool head

ShaDoWGuarD

ShaDoWGuarD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
From what you have listed, several points are definitely needed. To begin with, it is desirable to have some capital from it, we will build our future bank in the game. If you are a beginner then you need to learn the theory. A lot of information can be obtained on the Internet. Then practice, and here I would recommend finding a good poker player as a coach. Because if you practice yourself, the first results are likely to be negative. If you do all these points and you have a desire, then most likely you will succeed...

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To win, you can have everything and never need anything, but if you are unlucky, you will lose.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Learn and do not give up on failures

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
To win, I probably need everything listed except money, and, of course, fortune to be on my side. I think money is not so important, if you have the skill, the money will come.

D

darkgonz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PE
Chips
I would choose option b lots of training and practice
but I would have to add the following

have good mental and physical health

be cold with decisions
For example
If you know that an action is EV+ over time but because of it you are eliminated from the tournament or lose the hand, do not go into tilt and trust in the long term

Have fun and play poker

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
it takes a lot of factors to win poker. Even if you're a strong player, you need luck on your side and then success will be one step closer to you, I think you don't need much money in poker, you can earn it by playing well with your patience and successful poker skills, the main thing is that you want to win poker

nguyenhanh

nguyenhanh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
VN
Chips
Requires enough wisdom and high concentration

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Manage your bankroll, learn the game off the table, play against weak opponents and use math to evaluate situations.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Luck
In order to win, we just need luck. Skills, experience, patience, discipline, bankroll, all these are important, but without luck, no one can win.

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Winning at online poker requires a blend of skill, strategy, and discipline. Master the basics: hand rankings, betting, and game theory. Stay patient and pick your hands wisely. Learn to read opponents and adapt your play accordingly. Mental strength is key; manage your emotions, handle variance, and avoid tilt. Practicing good bankroll management is crucial to withstand the ups and downs. Regularly analyze your play and learn from mistakes. Use tools and resources to stay updated with strategies. Remember, consistent, smart play over time leads to success.

R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
To win you need several things, such as: attention, experience, and studying hard to be able to become more professional.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1) run of the cards
2) Patience
3) don’t defeat yourself
4) a bit of experience
5) wait for the best spots to go all in
6) fold at the correct time to keep alive in a tournament

Dasha_21

Dasha_21

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think hard work on myself and great desire are the key to victory

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The harder you work- the better you will get, the better you get- the more you will win.