What do people see in Limit Holdem?

tonymaclennan

tonymaclennan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anybody here play Limit Holdem?
If so, please enlighten me to what you see in it...

I decided to give it ago with the small remaining balance I have in another of my accounts but it just seems pointless - people often keep calling until the river - so you cant really apply any kind of pressure to fold!

For Example, in one hand, I lost with my over pair (JJ) as somebody was chasing an Ace - and got it on the river!

Now, the only logical explanation is that they dont want to loose all their money - but with Pot Limit Holdem, you can be morei ntimidating but at the same time prevent a bank roll loss

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
*whispers,

"I see dead money." :saint:

4Aces

4Aces

is watching you
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just because you cant push people off hands, doesnt mean the game is pointless, it is infact far from pointless.
You may not see anything in it because you are used to playing NLHE. The fact is, limit is played alot differentley than no limit. People often call to the river because they have the right pot odds to call, thats just how limit is played, and there is strategy to it.
Saying its pointless is like saying all the other forms of limit poker are pointless, like omaha hi/low, stud, razz, stud hi/low, all of which clearly have a point.
Learn to play limit and you will see that the better players will win just like in no limit. :)

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules