What to do with boredom ?

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The advice in this thread is good, but I wouldn't classify it as solid.

Try playing within your bankroll limits. This number is different for everyone depending upon their comfort level with losing money. Some people like 10 buy-ins, 50, 100, 1000, etc. Some folks like to load money onto a site and sit down at the highest table possible. It simply depends on how comfortable you are during the losing streaks. I always tell people, "Don't play with money you can't piss on."

That said, it can be slow getting money reloaded to your account after you bust. You must have bankroll management within your bankroll management.

Before you can have good bankroll management, you have to figure out how comfortable you are with losing $1, $5, $10 at a time. If $5 is nothing for you to lose but $10 is, I recommend multi-tabling 3 or so of the 'penny slots', as I call them. You can play more tables to kill the boredom. The caveat to this scenario is that the lower you play, the slower the profit turns. Make sure you pay attention to the ROI rather than the overall number when playing the lower stakes. The total will seem stagnant even when you are winning.

You have to find the happy medium between risk and reward within your own character which will allow you to screw around and flip for stacks every once in a while. Remember why you started playing this game in the first place.

Poker is fun.

Uhhhhhhhh

One of the best pieces of advice I've heard is to pay attention to what you're thinking of at the table. If you find yourself thiking about what you're going to do with this money, or what you're going to eat etc. You probably need to take a break.

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no no no
always sleep
then everything will be fine
))))))))

S

Shrek24

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Man. I always have my ipad with me whenever I play live. I'll surf, watch a show on Netflix, or checkout Facebook.

V

veruska A1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not to be bored at a table and get to bet everything to lose, I recommend that you listen to your favorite music, use the phone, or enter a social network while you wait for the best hand. Never enter in despair, much less in deconcentration!

H

Heidenroeslein

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you mean online poker or live tables? I'd recommend a tablet computer or mp4 player. I always play some music in the background, or watch a video stream of a series or movie. Especially good: children's series because they me focused and I can stop them when I am playing a hand in an online game. I'd advice against the occasional glass of booze. But then again, I am happy with a glass of orange juice or water.

1k95

1k95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Boredom occurs just at the moment when even the newly received task is not an interesting and satisfying need for the work of the mind not full capacity.
The main means to combat boredom is to find new nuances, fresh motivations, to search for something new in the drawing of these or other hands.

SeregaBear

SeregaBear

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good music and breaks once a day help.

jomaaan

jomaaan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play 2 or 3 tables at the same time, just make sure that you play as good on thee tables as you would on just 1.