What to do with boredom ?

V

vassiriki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think the best solution to that is to have a company who also plays poker at the same time with you. because i often find music and tv very distracting and i believe not to lose your coolness, you must concentrate on the game and the best way to do it is the option i offered.

maybe music like techno or instrumental stuff would keep you nice and relaxed but i would never recommend to listen hip hop or rock

SaintNick1968

SaintNick1968

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you think you will play as well (or maybe even if you don't) you should make sure you are playing more tables so that you are never sitting around for hours unable to do anything when you are card dead. Make sure you are still gaining reads on your opponents and playing well though- more tables isn't always more profitable.

I would not recommend watching random YouTube videos or browsing the Internet or anything, as this is just a distraction, but I often listen to music and sometimes watch poker streams on the side.

Also, make sure that you are playing your best and you are really thinking about what moves you do- the game is far more boring if ou just do stuff without thinking.

Hope that helps!

whewhew

whewhew

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When it becomes boring for me to play I gradually I turn into aggressively style of play and I begin on to lose counters a few. That not to allow it, I try to distract myself listening of music viewing of movies.

H

heix24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
go all in and do something else if the game is boring

skavenger

skavenger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just went to see if I think it's a good tip to use ... it's not being easy = (

R

risky101

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
part of the amazing thing about playing online poker is my spotify. listening to music and surfing a lil net is ok but dont get distracted, especially if u play alot of weak cards. u need to know whose playing every pot n whose a rock. gl..

fly2tsky

fly2tsky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
DO you know what I do against boredom? I go to Cardschat and others. Making your mind busy is a boredom killer. On the other hand, when I play live, I would just talk to others.

N

nenkov407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
9gag, youtube or facebook. Do what you would do if you hadn't money to play poker. Like me right now. I am waiting for the next month to invest again and hope this time I'll make some money. And meanwhile I play freerolls. Today I was lamely suck outed and came here to see the new topics. After I have seen and replied to all I am interested in I will switch to 9gag. I do the same things while I play. Oh and also I am at work right now so I get busy there too :p

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I try to listen to music and read some news.

shody

shody

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im listening music and drinking a lot of water,and if im really bored im opening facebook.

Uhhhhhhhh

Uhhhhhhhh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How about playing within your bankroll limits?

The advice in this thread is good, but I wouldn't classify it as solid.

Try playing within your bankroll limits. This number is different for everyone depending upon their comfort level with losing money. Some people like 10 buy-ins, 50, 100, 1000, etc. Some folks like to load money onto a site and sit down at the highest table possible. It simply depends on how comfortable you are during the losing streaks. I always tell people, "Don't play with money you can't piss on."

That said, it can be slow getting money reloaded to your account after you bust. You must have bankroll management within your bankroll management.

Before you can have good bankroll management, you have to figure out how comfortable you are with losing $1, $5, $10 at a time. If $5 is nothing for you to lose but $10 is, I recommend multi-tabling 3 or so of the 'penny slots', as I call them. You can play more tables to kill the boredom. The caveat to this scenario is that the lower you play, the slower the profit turns. Make sure you pay attention to the ROI rather than the overall number when playing the lower stakes. The total will seem stagnant even when you are winning.

You have to find the happy medium between risk and reward within your own character which will allow you to screw around and flip for stacks every once in a while. Remember why you started playing this game in the first place.

Poker is fun.

Uhhhhhhhh

D

DrakeM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your are bored during Poker Play, you should find something to pass the time which doesnt make you sloppy in your play or distracts you completely.

Listening to music might be a good idea, but I could never play poker and read a book or watch TV-shows at the same time. Way too much distraction if its a good book/show

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Look good movie. Listen to the music which you like. Get some sleep in the end. And it will pass.

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm playing a freeroll at 888.

Hello! I'm playing now cardschat freeroll at 888, and the card does not go, and it's boring to play, I've already tried everything and music, and I've done sports exercises, anyway, it does not help! And how are you, also ?? At whom that happens so, how at me? How to deal with this?

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im in the currently free roll and im in first place, and i must say ive had good hands that preflop is the best and it continues straight to showdown, im lucky in this respect. However when you say "cards does not go" i assume you are card dead, just wait it out. In the very begin i had to wait it out also, wait for the pendulum to swing

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im in the currently free roll and im in first place, and i must say ive had good hands that preflop is the best and it continues straight to showdown, im lucky in this respect. However when you say "cards does not go" i assume you are card dead, just wait it out. In the very begin i had to wait it out also, wait for the pendulum to swing

At the very beginning, I doubled, and then there is no normal map, and play with a trash hand, I do not want to!

macthemax

macthemax

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BE
Chips
I almost play music or when it is going really slow i go and find me something on youtube

Doblador bus

Doblador bus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In poker it's impossible to get bored, it's the game where you can not get bored, if you get bored playing it I suggest you do not play more

crimsonblur

crimsonblur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best way to deal with more boredom, is to play more poker, obviously. Play like 4 tournaments simultaneously and just win all of them and BOOM you will never be bored.

A

alex trinh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I normally play with a twitch stream on or a youtube video on in the early stages. Once im deep, I turn them off and focus more

GRANDPAPA929

GRANDPAPA929

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take a break from poker. Spend time with your favorite pastime (children, walks, entertainment). Improve your emotional psyche.

But if absolutely there is no way out.......
108985683.jpg
gag:D

G

GIB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The change of intellectual activity to physical and vice versa until the game certainly holds in a tone, improves assiduity. Focus on the game, watch your opponents and will not be bored ... and of course the music for example Rammstein :D

SlimHeperpokerstars

SlimHeperpokerstars

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well friends , all of you have already gone through tedious moments in the poker table or even play for hours without any profitability.

As you prepare psychologically for this? I admit that not assimilated yet. I put everything to lose at times.

I often write little notes and paste on your computer to remind me not to go on tilt but do not control. Any tips ?

I think first of all you need to get rid of laziness and show perseverance (read theory and so on), until you get the profit you counted on. Not all players became great due to talent, the majority of players showed perseverance day after day! Otherwise, poker is not for you ..
Go ahead until you win steadily, in any case, sooner or later you will understand whether you should continue, but work hard and always tune to victory!

VizziVizo

VizziVizo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to play ZOOM poker 4 tables, works 100% :D