What is the Best Way to Build a Small Bankroll

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
building a bankroll off ten dollars is more or less a waste of time. You'd be better off just depositing 50 or 100 dollars and playing the same stakes you were thinking about playing with the 10 dollars its going to save you A LOT of frustration.

C

Cblevs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really is preference. You can do low stakes money games or play mtt tourneys at low buy ins. I personally prefer low buy in tourneys because I get more practice out of them and don't really enjoy money games.

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So I decided to play low-stakes sit-n-goes as I have had success in them. I tried a $3.30 nine-table and busted fourth on a terrible bad beat. Got it AIPF and was 80-20 after flop and he chased me down. Did another 6-man SNG, $1.65, and bubbled again on another terrible bad beat. Donked the rest off in a .02-.05 cash game when another bad beat sent me on tilt.

J

JRNorris95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, it is safer to play cash games or sitngos. However if you want to potentially win the most money, I would go with low 50 cent or $1 tournaments. You have the potential to win a lot more at once (which will take both luck and skill).

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play your best game,,,,get the BR up,then you have some flexibility and it takes the `scared` money aspect out a little more.With you have to try to eliminate completely,to the point where you don`t care about the buy-in.;) Gots 2 play care free imo.

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I won the CC freeroll tonight on ACR, so now I can start again with $25!!

T

TheWiseWeasel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play 0.50c sng of 9 players.U don't win much but if u pay attention you can easely remain in the last 3 and u are on profit.

R

Rollex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont put too muck money, I deposit 5 or 10 dollars and start from 1-2 cent Omaha, 1 hour and I have 25 or 0.... then tourneys and higher cash.

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with a bankroll around 10$ you should be focusing on the micro sit ngos and tourneys, as well as making sure you enroll in all the freerolls you can to improve not only your game, but the bankroll too. ive been enjoying the .10 360 person sitngo's on pokerstars, goes quick but is a good way to learn and win small stakes. other than that, you can try the micro sattelites into the bigger tourneys, but even that @ .30 cents a pop will eat your 10$ quickly.

D

domdiego

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think with 10U$ you can use several ways to increase your bankroll as you play sit n go 50 cents , 1,50U$ and spin n go 1.00U$ with this you'll be tweaking the amount of money you can invest on other tournament in the future

D

domdiego

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
on Pokerstars has many satellites options start on 0,11 to 0,80 cents if you win between the first 2 you enter a tournament that allows you to win up to 300U$

donny306

donny306

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this information is good and all but there's that one player on the table

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have my own tactics for this. Go with 5$ on to a cash game and play your game. Dont be too tight. With other play .11 .22 .33 .55 sattelites for bigger tournaments and when you get yourself a ticket thats when you need to be best you can. Dont go with your heart, go with your brain.

D

DABNE

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Play low cash games

If your goal is to build your $10, then play 5/10 cent, 8/16 cent tables, but play TIGHT. Hold for very good hands then try to slow play opponents into a top.

Low end tournament s are a real long shot. So many donks its too hard to navigate to the end and get a reasonable playback. You can play for 3 to 5 hours and IF YOUR LUCKY, maybe win $2 - $5. Hardly worth it.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always think the best way to build bankrolls its from freerolls. If you cannot handle freerolls giving you free money and sometimes enter to big tournaments, how are you going to deal in big tournaments? That is what I think :D

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If your goal is to build your $10, then play 5/10 cent, 8/16 cent tables, but play TIGHT. Hold for very good hands then try to slow play opponents into a top.

A recipe to go broke... in a hurry.

thaysen13

thaysen13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The 0.25 is good to play! Have patience. Play early verry tight.

B

BigSlick20

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With only 10 you better have a lot of patience it will be very easy to lose it.

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played a $3 + 0.22, 6-man sit-n-go and finished 2nd to win $6.30
Played a $5 + 0.34, 9-man sit-n-go and won to win $22.50

Also won $0.15 in a cash game, so have bumped my bankroll up to $45.39.

Going to bed while I'm ahead.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with = No1eJoker = that it's better to play SnG 0.10 $ (360 players) and 0.25 (45 and 90 players) and try to win and then move higher if you are ready, or go to the cash game for small bets and try to raise the bankroll, but it will be long and difficult to raise the bankroll at small bets!

Z

ZARGA123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the best way to build a bankroll from $10? Should I stick with the low-stakes cash games (01/02 or 02/05), play low stakes sit-n-goes, or try to find some tournaments with $1 or $2 buy-ins? If you want to vote in my twitter poll, click on my twitter link below.

For a 10$ Bankroll, yes I confirm that you should stick to low stakes but No Cash Game at this stage it will be better to play 0.02 990 Turbo players and 0.25 45players Sit'n'Go if you are playing on Pokerstars, see also this article about BRM https://www.cardschat.com/poker-bankroll-management.php GL and remember just one thing Play SMART

Think little goals and expect little achievements. Think big goals and win big success.

David Joseph Schwartz

T

TheWiseWeasel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recomand you to play 0.25/0.50 sng. Personaly i really like 0.50 sng of 9 players.You could easely remaind in the prize.(from 3th at least on the platform where i play,idk if is allowed to say it name)

D

deeggr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One pro once said only play 10 percent of your bankroll, so if it $10 then dollar games are where your at, pick your best game be it sitngos or whatever and grind away as you increase your bankroll you can play bigger stakes!

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management