What is the best buyin to play?

A

ands1000

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
when the buyin rate is high, usually the game is more decisive and there are not so many people, so it is a serious and professional game!

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think if you play for fun you can play whatever you want based on how much of those money you can lose without impacting your life.

If you play more seriously and you don't want to redeposit many times then a bankroll management would be a wise move. How serious is this management based on the individual and if you are a MTT or a cash game plays.

Rule of thumb says at least 100+ buy ins for tournament and 30+buy ins for the cash games if I am not mistaken!

boyward

boyward

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play small stakes cos that's all I can afford or am willing to lose. If I keep improving I will increase the buyins, but I am still building a bankroll. freerolls and micro MTTs and satellites on 888 is suiting me at the moment.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Well my friend, it is good to play in high-performance poker games with professional players, but at the same time we must respect the bankroll rules and not exceed ten percent of our money in the account, and in this way you will play with more comfort and focus:)

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
The best buy-in is the one that your bankroll can afford. You must play games you don't care if you lose them. You can play also and some with higher buy-in and a few with bigger buy-in.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.I would say the one you can afford to lose ,
,feel comfortable and don´t play under pressure.Never forget a good bankroll management.Good luck!

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
what ever your bankroll can afford to lose (30-40 buyins cash) (100+ buy ins MTT's) Don't play over your bankroll or skill level imo. Taking occasional shots is fine, but if not successful, you need to be mindful of this and drop back down in buy in's.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
when the buyin rate is high, usually the game is more decisive and there are not so many people, so it is a serious and professional game!
Hello, I think the best bayin is the one that is not sorry to lose! If it is large and you are not much in your pocket, it will be very influential during the game and you will not be able to fully open at the table! I myself believe, like many here, that playing MTT you need at least 100 bayins! Bankroll management is first and foremost! Good luck at the tables!

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably the best advice is to invest a little more in your poker career right from the start and get your bankroll up to $ 50-60. This will give you 25-30 buy-ins at NL2, which will significantly reduce the risk of bankruptcy.

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
First of all, it depends on what you can afford.

And also, I've noticed it's less difficult to play small buyin tournaments or freerolls that don't really affect me if I lose, than it is to play bigger ones that mean a lot to me if I win.

For example, playing a 109$ buyin tournament, even if it's a token that I've won, because the payout could be so much bigger than anything I usually play, gets harder to not be too cautious sometimes, and over aggressive at others, because I could get nervous.

L

Lucky River

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for expensive tournaments, I always try to get through the satellites.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
You have to play games that don't affect you too much financially but where there are still enough winnings that are worth a few hours of lost game and with the passage of time and gaining experience the stakes can increase .... do not think that games with buy at sea are only "Experts", by no means, I played in those tournaments and I wondered why some of them could do it there, just nonsense.

L

Lucky River

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the most expensive tournament I've played for $ 1050.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. My luck with buying is bad. I fare ok with 1 cent/2 cent cash games. Good luck. Try the $5 buying if you wish to try your skills.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Best Buy in is the one in which you can afford to lose and still have good bankroll, ideally at least 100x buy in. Yes there are probably less maniacs at higher buy ins but they are usually much better as well and trickier. Playing a straight forward game will usually show profit at micro stakes in the long term but more experienced players at higher buy ins will exploit you.

P

pokerballsaa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes if you are playing higher buy ins than your bankroll can afford then it will be more decisive because a loss will be a bigger hit than if you were playing lower buy ins.

I will play a larger than normal tournament or two once a week but nothing too large, it's more for fun with no pressure to win or make the money. It's all about what you are playing for, if you're grinding games then a lower buy in is best inline with good bankroll management. If you're simply playing for fun then it depends what you can afford to lose.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see a lot of bankroll and what you can lose answers. My felling is you play at the level that you can be successful at. If you are a winning player at say $10 sit and go's and you move up to $20 and start losing then you need to go back down until your game gets good enough to be competitive at the next level. Yes bankroll tells you what level you should play at but if you stay at a level you are successful at then your bankroll should grow to allow you to try the next level.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play the tournaments your bankroll allows. As far as I can tell from my experience, up to $ 22 tournaments the game is about the same and there are inadequate players in $ 100 tournaments.
Build up a bankroll to move to a higher limit, do not risk doing everything gradually, and then luck will come immediately.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello I agree with many of the above who wrote that if the buy-in amount puts pressure on your bankroll, you will not be able to fully play for fear of losing your bet

Z

ZerG

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the best game to play? The main factor is bankroll and reading your opponents. The higher the buy-in, the more cautious the opponent is, and the bluff is harder to recognize.

blackknives

blackknives

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on how you see money,
to me, a few factors (amount that i wont lose sleep over) and how much i spend on other things like a nice expensive dinner.

Canadian for ref, so a cashgame $100 - $200 is just about right since i would toss that on a night out anyways (pre-covid)

University Days, maybe $10 - $20,

So it all depends

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play mtts up to $3 buyin, small investment with potentially solid return

Sulfuros001

Sulfuros001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Micro

Best buy ins for me are micro tournament, especially the 2.20$ and the 1.10$ and 0.55$, i play with no fear and i mostly reach the final table

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I DON'T GENERALLY PLAY HIGH VALUES BECAUSE I JUST INTEND TO HAVE FUN IN THE GAME. MY LIMIT IS UP TO $15.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to play in tournaments with a large number of players and a small entrance. More chances to get into the prize money.