Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Is it better for a young person to play poker, or is it irrelevant?
Hi
I think the main thing is that you are 18 years old. In general, in my opinion, age is not fundamentally important. The main thing is the patience and discipline of the player. Usually, young people are rarely patient and disciplined.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
One of the main reasons I play Poker is that I can still play even at the ripe age of 68 years old, There is no age limitations to the game and players like Doyle Brunson was still playing in his Eighties.
As for starting to learn? Well I would not be amazed by kids as young as Ten or Eleven Starting to get a grasp of the game, I could Play Chess before I started School and when my Daughter was only Three I taught her to play blackjack so she had a basic understanding for Adding up numbers. My Wife used to have Nightmares about her starting School and the Teacher asking if anyone knew how to count to 10? And my Daughter saying "Please Miss I can count higher, 8,9,10, Jack, Queen, King." :):)

True!

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips

Pokerpoet2

this is a good story!!

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, the best age to play poker is when a person has become a fully formed person physically and psychologically, that is, 20-65 years old is probably the most optimal period. The main thing is to have a clear mind and the ability to think well, then you can play until you die.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Age is somewhat irrelevant. Although it does help one be a winner player if he's mentally mature which happens at different ages for us all.

Cheers!!!

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pretty irrelevant. I have been playing card games since a young child. Not for money but it gives you a sense of games, the strategy, the rhythm of play and a bit of the psychology of competition.

Rosylly

Rosylly

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I'm sure that starting younger is better if you want to become successful in the game.

Of course, you can start at 70 and get results, but the chances are against you in my opinnion. A 70-yo person won't have the same motivation and brain function as an 18-yo folk.

On the other hand, 70-yo person would have much more chances in poker to succesfully compete with others than in other games.

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
A poker player can be of any age, starting from 18 years old officially.
Over the years, the necessary experience, knowledge and understanding of the opponent’s intentions and actions are acquired.
One can play until he has gray hairs - there would be interest and opportunities.

NootNoot

NootNoot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
You can play and enjoy the game at any age, and that's a good thing!

There's certainly advantages to starting as young as possible though. This is true with anything.

1) It's generally easier to learn new concepts when we are younger

2) In terms of total experience, it's better to be a 40 year-old who started playing when they were 20 than it is to be a 40 year-old who started playing when they were 35. That's an extra 15 years of playing and studying time which is an advantage. There's no guarantee that someone who has played for 20 years is better than someone who has played for 5. It depends on the individual, their natural capacity to understand the game, how seriously they took things, how many hours they actually play or study etc. If everything was equal though, more experience is better.

Will you be a better player in 1 year than you are now, how about in 5 years? You should be and so should I because we played an extra 5 years.

Last edited:
A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think that at any age you can play poker young or older dosent matter

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everyone! I think, to play in Poker, and also in the other intellectual Games, may almost in any age...
Main, by my personal opinion, necessary to have a Good physical and mental Health! And then Go Ahead!

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
People in their late 20's to late 30's probably are the most competent because they have a decade of study under them, while still studying new young players are not a wining players yet, I think the best age to play poker is + 25 years old.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
For me, I think it is good to play poker before the age of 18, as this is now possible online without restrictions and for free as well, Gaining experience and skills depends mainly on the amount of time we have spent playing poker.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't think age is a major factor in playing poker successfully or has any impact on a player's success!!! The main factor for a successful poker game is the desire to learn and the ability to analyze and correct your mistakes!!!

S

s0ftdumps

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Learn when you are young. Then perfect when you are retired and patient!

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
As long as you play against worse players age doesn't matter.

And if you just play for fun nothing really matters.

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
Poker can be played by young and old, poor and rich. The main thing is to have free time, and everyone without exception can hope and believe:giggle:

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Is it better for a young person to play poker, or is it irrelevant?
At 18-27 years old - you live in hope and play more unpredictably. And the older you get, the more predictable you are, as you are less emotionally affected and everyone knows that you will never be in a tilt like the young you. And the older you get, the smarter you are and can develop your strategic thinking. :unsure:

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're going to play only one table at time then I don't think it have an age limit, but if you're going to be an online professional poker player (the ones that play 10-15 tables at the same time) I guess around 20-40 years are the best age because you will need to have focus, concentration and be able to play many hours daily.

ScoobyNL

ScoobyNL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NL
Chips
I think when you retire, enough time playing every day :)

I 5 years i retire and crush pokerstars :)

M

Max Defensor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
30-40. When you're younger you're too reckless and when you are older you can't grind long hours without feeling like crap.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think the peak time in any sport starts at the age of 30. Then you're ready and make the right decision. It's the best time to achieve good results in any sport. The same goes for poker. If you're that age let's play poker and achieve great success