What areas do you need to improve in poker?

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't concentrate enough when playing. Sometimes I get distracted a lot and it prevents me from making the right decisions. But for me, poker is primarily entertainment, so I'm not too worried about it :)

markdias

markdias

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In all of them, poker is an eternal learning process, we always have to be developing all these areas all the time!

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I need to stop slapping my bench with so much force when i get a big hit. It hurts and i am damaging things.

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I need to be a bit less conservative in late stages of a tournament and start being a bit more aggressive.

J

jay_nemi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All of those for sure, but I definitely need to work on not getting too attached to any one hand.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
If I wanna go or get higher then 50nl here's a few things I won't need to improve: bankroll management, patience or mental toughness/tilt control.

My over poker knowledge, game and style though being mostly 15-20 years old will likely need some work to beat 100nl+ in 2023. If I decide to move too 100nl once I have the bankroll built up again.

Also plan to improve my 6 max cash game. Again once I get my bankroll built back up.

Cheers!!!

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think i have to work on my aggressiveness when i have the chip lead. i see a lot of the elite players pushing players around at the final table when they are the leaders.

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think these two I have to improve in certain aspects.

- Impulsiveness
- Wrong choices

xico_moita

xico_moita

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Today I need to evolve the concentration part, because several times I fell out of the tournament due to not focusing and it lets external things take away my concentration... But I'm still studying the game, because that's the only way we can evolve...

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
A good list and each item deserves attention. I am quite focused, mainly playing a tight style, but bankroll management and sizing - these two positions are currently my priority, I am working on them.

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In poker you need to be patient, a lot of patience is the most difficult thing, especially when you have difficult defeats!:mad::confused:

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Do you believe you need to improve something in your game like:

- Concentration.
- Patience.
- Impulsiveness
- Self control
- Wrong choices

Or any other item that is not on this list?

Feel free to comment.
This list is good, but could be summarised as mental game issues/in-game performance

Equally important, if not more so, is improving technical understanding of the game and learning fundamentally sound strategies,
E.g. learning preflop from each position -when raise first in, facing a raise, how to defend v 3bets etc. Learning good flop cbet strategies on different boards etc.

I am mostly trying to improve my turn play at the moment and incorporate more overbets

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
All of this falls within the field of psychology. And I need to improve all this.

N

nazarkrasnuk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you believe you need to improve something in your game like:

- Concentration.
- Patience.
- Impulsiveness
- Self control
- Wrong choices

Or any other item that is not on this list?

Feel free to comment.
I want to learn well how to count outs and calculate percentage

N

nazarkrasnuk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All of this falls within the field of psychology. And I need to improve all this.

psychology can be used in a live game, I don't think it can be used online

N

nazarkrasnuk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe I need to be patient, I've seen that I lose a lot of hand when I'm going all in, so I have to stop getting all in at the pre flop, or at least go all in with a pair ok AA
opinion also does not turn out well to play ollinn

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think that in the current realities, when competition is growing, you need to try to improve every day, no matter how talented a player you are.