WCOOP Main Event - AJKHoosier1 is a complete idiot!

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2. Yeah you could have made more, but you wanted to be greedy and get what you could at the time instead of seeing how the cards played out.

Here's a deal. I have a 60/40 coin I'm going to flip ok? If it lands on the 40%, I will pay you $500. You negotiate a deal. You get $300 no matter what and only $100 if the 40% comes up.

ev:

1. .4*500 = $200
2. 300+.4*100 = $340

Clearly #2 is more lucrative. But say you win. Why'd you take #2? If you had just seen how the coin landed you could have gotten $500 instead of just the $400 you got with #2.

Do you understand how you are being results oriented and how your logic is extremely bad? Would you take #1 in this example?

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Crummy,

If I offered you $110k to make a post on this forum which said "I AM THE BEST POKER PLAYER IN THE WORLD" or something, and you knew I was good for the money, would you accept my offer?

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like I said before its my ****ing .02 cents get the **** off my ****ing nuts!

And to your question Dorkus, NOOOO I would NOT take your offer, even if the cash was infront of me because 1. I'm NOT the best poker player in the world, so I wouldn't lie about it, and 2. If I were to say that, people would expect TO much from me after stating the comment.

And to all of the +ev. If you think your that good, why would you risk the value, when you could, or you KNOW you could make so much more??? Why?? Tell me that, take the ****ing positive factor out of the equation for a moment and tell me that? Why would you risk "losing" what you could have had if your that good of a player?

Sit back and ****ing think about that.... Your the best ****ing player in the ****ing world, but you would play it safe?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And to your question Dorkus, NOOOO I would NOT take your offer, even if the cash was infront of me because 1. I'm NOT the best poker player in the world, so I wouldn't lie about it, and 2. If I were to say that, people would expect TO much from me after stating the comment.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Really?!?

I'll take the deal DM - I wouldn't care less what people expected from me afterwards, I'd be too busy enjoying all the kizash! :p

Same goes for Mr AJK, I suspect.

The above has gotta be a level, right?

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WTF, he's gonna buy a car and put the rest in a retirement fund, he's 19 ffs!:eek:

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
WTF, he's gonna buy a car and put the rest in a retirement fund, he's 19 ffs!:eek:

Smart, IMO

According to the story he normally plays $50NL - no way he'd be ready to play at the kind of levels $800K rolls him for, he'd lose a huge chunk of it in pretty short order. He could leave himself a healthy $10K poker bankroll and still just invest the rest.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really this is a bit silly. OP's primary 'point' here is that AJKThingy came across as a bit of a tosser in the chat, which is fair enough because he did.

The thing is, if you think he came across as a tosser, say so and leave it there. You're trying to justify your opinion by throwing silly arguments around. Without bothering to crunch any numbers, I'm 99% sure an ICM chop wouldn't be giving him $110k more than a chip chop, so whichever way you look at it he's getting a good deal. I mean, if you truly think he got a horrible deal, why are you berating him and not the players who got paid according to the chip chop? Or, God forbid, the guy who gave up the majority of the extra money that went to AJK? Oh right, I forgot, because he came across as a bit of a douche in the chat which obviously makes his every action idiotic by default!

It all boils down to "I think this guy is a douche and I'm going to throw random arguments around until I find one that sticks". To suggest you wouldn't take $110k in return for making a post on an internet forum, well, let's just say I'd be surprised if anyone else here wouldn't take that deal (and I'd be surprised if you wouldn't if actually confronted with it outside of the scope of this thread).

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To suggest you wouldn't take $110k in return for making a post on an internet forum, well, let's just say I'd be surprised if anyone else here wouldn't take that deal

I'd hold out for a better offer, to be honest.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you think your that good, why would you risk the value, when you could, or you KNOW you could make so much more??? Why?? Tell me that, take the ****ing positive factor out of the equation for a moment and tell me that? Why would you risk "losing" what you could have had if your that good of a player?

Sit back and ****ing think about that.... Your the best ****ing player in the ****ing world, but you would play it safe?

Even the best player does not win them all. Just ask Phil Hellmuth.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Smart, IMO

According to the story he normally plays $50NL - no way he'd be ready to play at the kind of levels $800K rolls him for, he'd lose a huge chunk of it in pretty short order. He could leave himself a healthy $10K poker bankroll and still just invest the rest.

Well I guess I'm confusing the idea of investments v retirement fund. I'm all for investing and earning an income from it. But I have this pre-conceived idea that he is putting it into a retirement fund and not being able to touch it till he's like 55 or something.