watching paint dry

M

muddawgg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a friend of mine was over my house and i was playing poker. He doen't have the patience to play . He kept telling me to play hands out of position. i just sat back waiting for decent starting hands in position when he said it was like watching paint dry. thought that was kind of funny

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Throw some paint on the wall for him.

Or introduce him to your backyard so he can watch grass grow.

M

mozart5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have that thought in mind when i have some slow people at the table. it seems that every hand they stall. and it doesn't matter when they do it. they do it in the beginning, middle and close to the end of a tourny. it gets me sleepy. maybe thats why they do it.

TheeMunson

TheeMunson

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
thats deff. hilarious, i mean all you can really do is laugh...for your friend knows not what he speaks therefore he/she cannot be responsible for what comes out of their mouths. the patience you have to have to profit in the long run and stick it out in online tournaments is so sick. its always a good idea to think through your choices and sometimes that will take awhile but there are some obvious people who take forever on purpose either to irritate or just make you think they are strong i guess.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing proper poker is not exciting, and 'watching paint dry' is apt.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can barely play live poker without music on any more, these days.

Y

youzeaflea22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play some sites like that. Some sites are so slow and boring that I would rather watch paint dry. I hate when someone says zzzz and the player that was slacking decides to be an azz and use his entire clock every hand. There should be some kind of penalty for these players.

D

dailies

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When people delay, I just go all in.
More money or a nap
Win win baby
(freerolls mainly- but not CC ones, those go fairly quick)
FT and PS and bodog normal freerolls...an eternity. They should just limit people to signing up for 1-2 per day. Make people try harder when they are in it, and lower the volume
That would be nice.
And in online poker, you don't smell the fumes....advantage paint.

TKinWIS

TKinWIS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a friend of mine was over my house and i was playing poker. He doen't have the patience to play . He kept telling me to play hands out of position. i just sat back waiting for decent starting hands in position when he said it was like watching paint dry. thought that was kind of funny

This has helped me be somewhat successful at SNG's. After 20 minutes or so some player get bored and push their play. Combined with the growing blinds, good hands are so well paid.

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is obviously one of the key elements to good play. Can't very well play stack, position, odds and reads without using patience to attain or apply all the other conditions.

No Limit games are a vehicle (for many) in the poker segment of an 'instant gratification' society. Variant forms of ADD also account for the actions of a lot of players who just can't live without being in every hand.

Every now and then you see the TV commentators mention the pros at a table who haven't played many hands, even at a final table. They don't get much coverage because they are folding around on most hands. Scared to play? Not likely. Just exercising patience, very likely a key element to what got them to the final table in the first place.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I thought everybody enjoyed watching paint dry. It's quite entertaining.

N.D.

N.D.

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm your friend's worst nightmare. I paint and play poker. I even have a painting App with a feature to dry paint, because it behaves as wet paint until you dry it. I love paint and poker. Unfortunately for me, I've only played poker online. Painting, I've done that online, offline, and live.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm your friend's worst nightmare. I paint and play poker. I even have a painting app with a feature to dry paint, because it behaves as wet paint until you dry it. I love paint and poker. Unfortunately for me, I've only played poker online. Painting, I've done that online, offline, and live.

Wait, are you serious? What?