Very interesting game

X

xCashin_inx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I attended a home game tonight in a very very upscale part of town, a buddy I work with got me into the game because his brother goes and I have met his brother a few times. Its a $2/$4 cash game and everyone had to buy in for $400, no more, no less. We start playing and after a few hours the guy who hosts the game says "Lets start the aces game" Everyone follows his statement with "Yeah" "Sure" "Yes" "Alright" and im just like huh? They explained that if anyone does not win a pot with AA for ANY reason, everyone has to give that player $4. If you fold AA preflop and prove to everyone you actually folded it then everyone would give you $4. We played for about another 6 hours and in that time 3 people got AA, once the guy folded them preflop and took the $36, once a guy won a little over $20 when he put in a pretty small raise and everyone folded, and the last guy who a pretty big pot ($130+) when there was 4way action and he hit trip A's.

I didnt particulary like the rule but I wasnt in a postition to stop it from being played, it got me to thinking its actually a very intriguing rule and changes the whole game. Kinda like on High Stakes poker where if you won a hand with 7-2 then everyone gave you money but if you didnt win with AA then people gave you money.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
interesting. We do the 7-2 game a lot, and I could see the AA the other way, like if you DON'T win for any reason you owe everyone else x dollars. Just seems like unless you fold preflop with AA this game doesn't change a thing. Once you see a flop (assuming you raised) it's not worth it to fold, better to just take the pot and get paid if they hit something like top pair.

Top 10 Games