Value Betting Scenario

D

dumpy620_84

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's the scenario, as I'm curious how other players might have played this.

Singe table S&G
Blinds 80/160
I'm in Middle Position about 1600 in chips
Chip leader/table capt. in BB with about 3800

I'm dealt QQ, it's folded to me and I just raise twice the BB. Normally would do this with Qs, but I'm sure the BB will think I'm weak and try to push me out preflop.

It folds around, and the flop comes Qh Kh 6s

He checks, I make a min. bet of 160
He raises me to 480
I don't like that there is a heart and straight draw on board, so I come over the top with all my chips.

He thinks for a while and folds. Later he tells me he was betting his Flush draw.

I would have preferred to just smooth call his raise and pick up more chips, but I wanted to protect my hand at this point.

What do you think?

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This should be in the strategy section but i'll answer. You played it well in my opinion. Often people slow-play too much especially on a drawing board. In this case with the check raise he could have the draw, trying to get you to check the turn also. However he could have top pair/two pair and you might be able to get it all in. Overall it was played well, it's just this time he had the draw instead. Oh and i'd rather take it down then while i was ahead, then lose a big pot when the flush/straight card comes, and i can't lay down/forced to lay down my set.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars