Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Dependencies can be different, if such a phrase is appropriate! Yes, I'm addicted to poker, but only because I try to make my hobby profitable, and as a gambling addiction, I'm absolutely not, but that's the root of denying one thing and trying to justify the other -:):) ha ha - yes, I'm addicted to poker.

JetmirDulja

JetmirDulja

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
i play a lot but addicted is a wrong word ... i am passionate haha

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play a lot of poker because it is my passion, but I am not addicted to this game, to be a good player you have to have a balance in everything, that is why one must always be mentally prepared.

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes, unfortunately I was addicted from the start. And if no one else around you is into it, friends or family, it's a very lonely place to be.
Fortunately CardsChat tournaments came along and got my attention. I wish it would have been earlier.

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I found a message on my facebook page from 2011 and it says:
'I NEED poker'

So, I think the question is already answered! LOL

In fact, everything in excess is bad... I in particular have very strong tendencies towards addiction but I believe I know how to balance things nowadays.
Another point is that if you are a player who wins enough money they will not consider you an addict, if you lose they will talk!

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say no, people around me would say big yes...

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No. I could stop playing any day. If I stop making money from poker, I'll stop playing right away.

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
That's how mentally addicted I am.

If I don't make it out of a jienotrafuw tournament I play according to bankrol management. I play until I reach the final table or lose everything.

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I don't feel addicted. If I have something else to do, I don't miss it.

CNXRegie

CNXRegie

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
I play poker every day as well, but I'm not addicted to it. While I do sometimes need to adjust my sleep schedule to accommodate tournaments, poker doesn't dominate my life. It doesn't define my identity. I'd like to emphasize that poker is just one aspect of my life. Before becoming part of the CardsChat community, I used to let poker control my emotions during play. I would get frustrated by bad beats. However, I've learned a lot from the community, and now I take losses in stride.

I can certainly live without poker, but I would miss it if there were no poker in my life. Still, it doesn't determine who I am. So, no, I'm not addicted to poker.

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Im playing a lot these days so yes

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play everyday but i don't think so i 'm addicted. i treat poker playing as a hobby. I don't have pressure to make a big money by playing poker.

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
It was for a short time, I played up to 12 hours a day for several days, for about 2 months, then, faced with so much negative variation, I finally got discouraged and went down to fewer hours.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Used to be Addicted to Poker, but I am certainly not addicted to gambling, There is a fine line between Playing Poker for Fun, and losing a fortune at the game. I used to have a nickname in my local Pub as the "Walking ATM." Because Friends of mine who I could trust would always ask me to lend them Money, when they were losing at Poker.
One Friend even made a comment about how I never borrowed money from other players, Ever! My answer was "I never lose more than I am willing to lose" Keeping control over what you lose, is paramount when it comes to gambling, and I never lose more than I am willing to burn, either at Poker or at a Race Track whether it is Horse's, Dog's or Card Game's, I am always in Control!

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Я не увлекаюсь покером, я живу им.

Magical

Magical

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I guess it depends on what you're giving up for poker! If you're giving life up or financially struggling because of poker then yes!

Myself, i'm certainly an addicted gambler and trying not to bring that in to poker is very difficult! Love the game and have a real passion for it but what some call tilting, others view as gambling... especially when you're down.

My problem is when i'm up, I lose a bit of my gains and I start acting as if i'm down and to make up the shortfall. Slowly trying to train myself out of this mindset

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Use poker addiction as a springboard. The key factor that determines how deeply you are addicted to poker is how you feel when you win. Don't dive into poker completely. When it becomes the only major asset, it can turn into an Achilles' heel.I am not addicted to poker.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I'm definitely addicted to poker. If I don't play for a few days, I get sick.:)