True Poker, Doyles Room and Bookmaker.com Domain Names Seized -- Still Operational

Peteyweestro

Peteyweestro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well in case anyone cares, i have been able to log on and play in the games at Doyles up till now at least

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BODOG just changed it's domain name to BODOG.EU Don't know if that will help but it's a signal to be carefull on BODOG.

Contrary to your assessment, I think it is a good sign that Bodog is thinking at least somewhat ahead of the game (before actually being seized like Doyles, etc). Also, they have had many instances of the USGovt previously freezing accounts and harrassing them over the past years, so they seem to me the wisest of the bunch on how to protect the majority of the money from the Communists.

Take your money out of Bodog, NOW!

Maybe Im wrong,but this change to .eu may be just a step so that the usa feds cant seize their domain name.Bodog might come down to being the only place we will be able to play.,but I could be wrong..your opinions?

I agree. I see it as Bodog putting out a preemptive FU to the US gov. Basically saying, "Yeah we know you're coming for our domain next and guess what we don't give a ****!".

I went to log on to bodog. It said, as it often does, that a software update needed to be installed. After downloading the update, I noticed the new domain name....bodog.eu. It is accessable and open to US players though. Looks like they are trying to batten down the hatches before the next DOJ attack.

FITEMAN

I am sure bodog has this covered, I got an email and just lol'd. I love Bodog!
I love the US Flag and how they say ongoing fluctuation marketing conditions, meaning the DOJ

Attachments

• ha.jpg
    ha.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 75
Charade You Are

Charade You Are

you can call me Frost
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL at fluctuating market conditions - Eric Holder should start his own hedge fund.

Dreams of Tragedy

Dreams of Tragedy

dreamsoftragedy.com
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just got note that use my wallet is no longer working.
Since our last email communication where we advised any funds in your QuickTender account could still be used to purchase at QuickTender accepting sites we had been working hard to reinstate our withdrawal facility and ensuring your funds where safe and secure.

However, further developments specifically relating to our main bank processing company have resulted in our accounts being frozen subject to a seizure order giving us no ability to make payments in any currency.

In light of these developments we have had no option but to discontinue the Quicktender service with immediate effect and for the foreseeable future.

At this time we are unable to confirm when or if we could make payments of remaining balances.

We will keep you advised of future relevant developments.

QuickTender Support

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I start liking bodog for the way they are handling this.
If they reallowed HUDs I'd consider depositing.

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

+1 I had never really looked at Bodog prior to Black Friday but I am thrilled with how they are defying my countries idiotic government. Next time I have an extra Benjamin laying around I'm going to put it on there. Heck, if the NFL resolves its labor dispute I might even try my hand at their sports book.

I love the rakeback at Carbon and the tables are soft but given the recent support issues and reports of bouncing checks, I am definitely considering other places to play.

Does Bodog have 6 max or is it all full ring?

V

vtonne

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hadnt been on Bodog in quite sometime. I decided to check it back out the other day, and the site actually seems worse to me. When I first started playing online, Bodog was the first room I used and I built a nice roll pretty quick from nothing. But the $500 freerolls and I think it was 25 point freerolls are gone. It seems almost impossible to build something out of nothing on there now

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hadnt been on Bodog in quite sometime. I decided to check it back out the other day, and the site actually seems worse to me. When I first started playing online, Bodog was the first room I used and I built a nice roll pretty quick from nothing. But the $500 freerolls and I think it was 25 point freerolls are gone. It seems almost impossible to build something out of nothing on there now
It is, but is is really easy to deposit on, and rather soft so easy to build if you have a base.

palmerd2

palmerd2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
25 point freerolls at Bodog

The 25 point freerolls are still there. I played one three nights ago. I think it started around midnight ET but I'm not positive.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I hadnt been on Bodog in quite sometime. I decided to check it back out the other day, and the site actually seems worse to me.
The software runs better than it used to. It's still far from bein' my 'favourite' but is far better than it was when I first started out on it (which wasn't that long ago, when they started to allow Canadians to play on there).

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Right on, I was crushing the Dog with my HUD... haven't played there since, too many other juicy rooms with HUD permission... (I need soft rooms full of fish to survive... cannot play with the good ones ;) )

It is, but is is really easy to deposit on, and rather soft so easy to build if you have a base.

Always was true, and is.

The software runs better than it used to. It's still far from bein' my 'favourite' but is far better than it was when I first started out on it (which wasn't that long ago, when they started to allow Canadians to play on there).

True bout the software, used to be more horrible. I started a couple of years earlier with fake US address. Took 1K out before they found I was Canadian and booted me. :eek: Let me back in tho and restored my balance later. Thx Dylan, Calvin and Becky! :D

If could use my PT3, would be there today...

straytfrush

straytfrush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was looking to withdraw a little bit from bodog, look like they only do courrier's checks in increments of $3000 lololol looks like I won't be taking out a few hundred here and there.

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was looking to withdraw a little bit from bodog, look like they only do courrier's checks in increments of $3000 lololol looks like I won't be taking out a few hundred here and there.

Did you call them on their acclaimed phone line and find this out? Or are you like many others who spew BS nonsense and have no idea what they are talking about?

There have been many reports of Bodog recent payouts on poker forums and my understanding is you can even get a withdrawal on WU. So take this information with alot of skepticism

I suugest you call the phone support and confirm EXACTLY how and what you can withdraw and I am guessing it does not mesh with the inforamtion you gave above.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If that is the case, that is fairly new, they used to let smaller amounts go. That is awful.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're reading this wrong. You can get UP to $3K in a single check. If you request more than $3K you'll get multiple checks. You can get a single check for LESS than $3K though.

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:)
got it from another forum i am on :)
and am not allowed to post other forums in here !!
but thought it usefull for here to post it :)
where say's i take credit for it ???
just wanted to share info i got !!!

Thanks WOLFIE,

Im glad ya did. Cardschat is where I like to be, so im happy to see others posting these important subjects. :)

V

vtonne

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The 25 point freerolls are still there. I played one three nights ago. I think it started around midnight ET but I'm not positive.

2 years ago when I first started playing online poker and played on Bodog the 25 point freeroll had cash prizes. Not entry to another tourney. I am glad to see there is something, but it still sucks

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anybody have any idea how big a percentage of each site's total player base is made up of US players?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Just wondering if it can be used to predict how they're going to respond to the Feds intervention - Stars and Full Tilt shut down almost immediately because they had substantial non-US business to protect. UB/AP didn't and stayed open for a long time.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wondering if it can be used to predict how they're going to respond to the Feds intervention - Stars and Full Tilt shut down almost immediately because they had substantial non-US business to protect. UB/Absolute Poker didn't and stayed open for a long time.
That makes sense, I thought you were looking for some easy money;)
I may try googling some options after my game, I am sure something must have those numbers...

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I were outside of the US, I'd no longer play on any site that allows US players.

The sites that remain open to us are almost exclusively serving US customers. None are big enough to survive or pay out if we have BF part 2 (with seizures of the bank account not just domain names).

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I were outside of the US, I'd no longer play on any site that allows US players.

The sites that remain open to us are almost exclusively serving US customers. None are big enough to survive or pay out if we have BF part 2 (with seizures of the bank account not just domain names).
It's coming... make no mistake of that. I have all but given up playing on-line. The saddest part about it all is that *if* on-line play returns, it will be run by the gambling Industry giants with huge pockets and lobbyists in Washington to make it favorable for them.