Troll Comments

Fieldsy

Fieldsy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is usually those people with those comments are the weak players at the table. I kill people with kindness instead.

NvrBlufn

NvrBlufn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I stay pretty darn quite at the table. The only time I want to say something catty is when I get sucked out on bad or take offense to a big loss.

9 times out of 10, when I review later there was something I did wrong during the hand to lose the pot. Always something I could have done differently at some point in the hand to win the most or lose the least and that means I have an opportunity to get better next time. Nothing good can come from me mouthing off to the loss, so I will make a determined effort not to let this happen ever again!

Now that I have said that, why should I mouth off after a win?! It'll never happen either, for many reasons that are stated here, but also because it is not my personality at the table. Do everyone the favor and save the story for the forum later. Come on here after the winning is done and tell us how poorly they played and how well you punked nonamedonk in whatever situation. Tell us how you thought it would've been hilarious to berate them saying, well at least you HAD the nuts, or whatever it is.

To us, it will be funny. But in the actual situation, not so much. It is just my opinion, but save the glory for your boys after the fact.

With regards to Deb's early comments: tells (like enemies) accumulate during the game. Your opponents do not stop looking for your tells at the showdown. A good opponent will remember how you played the hand, what were your actions/behaviors/mannerisms when you had a winning hand vs a losing hand at the showdown. They will tie the pieces together to build a profile that helps them make decisions against you later! SO even though you think the hand is over, you are still being watched and evaluated. The talkative, taunty player who gets quite during or after a bluff... the nervous sigh of relief or that cheesy can't-help-myself grin one gives after a successful bluff...all of that goes in you file.

Win quietly and win often.

redcross

redcross

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love this thread! I'm am someone who love to troll and talk junk. It never effects me so I'm fine with it and know that it gets under other players skin. Whenever I win a big pot from another player making a bad call Ill write "#tooeasy" followed by "#thnksdonk" I know this is sophomoric and stupid and I hate hashtags but I love to shove someone into tilt.

Like I said you can type whatever you want about me I don't care, I playing my game my style and I know I can take it. Other people can't so just know what kind of player you are before you get involved with chat.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love this thread! I'm am someone who love to troll and talk junk. It never effects me so I'm fine with it and know that it gets under other players skin. Whenever I win a big pot from another player making a bad call Ill write "#tooeasy" followed by "#thnksdonk" I know this is sophomoric and stupid and I hate hashtags but I love to shove someone into tilt.

Like I said you can type whatever you want about me I don't care, I playing my game my style and I know I can take it. Other people can't so just know what kind of player you are before you get involved with chat.

Bayes says you probably aren't good at poker

Last edited:
NvrBlufn

NvrBlufn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Say anything online, I disabled all chat! I only meant in person play :p

nc_royals

nc_royals

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was in a 2/5 NL cash game once. Older gentleman there had no clue what he was doing. Had already reached back in his pocket twice after being felted. About that time a young brash kid sat down at the table. Less than 15 minutes later he beat the older gentleman out of a hand where the older gentleman was calling with bottom pair. The kid began insulting the mans play and making fun of his call. At that time the older man picked up his remaing chips and left. Your strategy used in this situation probably cost us all at the table alot of easy money.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
dont like it-
1. draws more attention to your play
2. making fish mad or scared isnt good for your wallet
3. you give away tells about your thought process
4. better and meaner players will remember and target you
5. you may be creating variance wars that you may not even be aware of

Fieldsy

Fieldsy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Insulting or getting on someones nerves at a game is just like throwing a big rock in the water where others are fishing. Not cool.

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You keep saying that you didn't realize people don't have a sense of humor. I for one think that I have a great sense of humor, but there's clearly nothing funny about your comment if you're the person who lost the money. Did you expect the girl would laugh it off?! If I was in your position, I'd be happy to win with the best hand and giggle on the side, but no further comments towards other person are necessary. If I didn't read your other thread maybe I'd believe that you're just trying to keep mood light and make jokes about the game. To me you seem rather arrogant. I'm sure you never made any mistake huh :p

edit: I would understand if you lost to her donk play, if she got lucky and you lost with your better hand. But since you're the one who "punished" her for poor play, I don't see the point of making these "troll" comments.

Last night, I played 50NL home game cash. Similar situation happened. I had 45o from big blind and flop was 4c 6s 7s. The other guy(cool guy I played with earlier in the tournament last night) who was short-stacked moved all-in on spade draw TsJs. I called with bottom pair + oesd. River came out to 3s, which gave me a straight but also gave him a flush. I lost $13 on that hand but I even joked and said "well, at least I made my straight. :)" and the guy responds, "i know, right? funny how deck can be very trolling." He's the same guy who was at my table where I got knocked out during middle stage. He did tell me that what I did was more of explaining how the deck trolled her but I'm just rubbing it in of how the deck troll her, which is uncool especially when she lost her chips. I never thought of it that way.

I never claimed here that I never make mistakes. I've made countless number of mistakes. I never knew saying the troll comment of "at least u made _____" can be very offensive. While I like to joke around a lot, it's quite offensive and never knew someone can think of it as berating their play. I never meant to berate their play or offend them. I just think deck is trolling like the guy said last night. Deck is trolling where they give you the card you're looking for but yet, don't let you win the pot. I guess all I'm doing here is just rubbing it in. Never looked at it that way. I'm gonna stop this from now on. Guess it's not fun when they're losing chips.

Btw for people asking me what if someone did that to me, that's the exact reason why I didn't think it would be offensive. If someone did that to me, I would just laugh and say "yeah, right? I made my straight but it came out short to your boat. nice hand sir :p" and simply rebuy or if it's a tournament, I just say "good game and TID". I don't get angry or emotional over losing a hand where I put my money in behind and lose.

Last edited: