"Treat your Poker Like a Business" (by Dusty "Leatherass" Schmidt)

Bryan436

Bryan436

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just finished reading it.. AWESOME and interesting book to read..

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For anyone who doesn't know, TYPLAB is available in the PokerStars store for like 1900 FPP. I think that's about $30 worth of points (or less if you're not a Supernova), which makes it the only underpriced book in the store.

"Note: Available in US, canada and Latin America only"

:(

pokerman27

pokerman27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just picked a copy at my local poker bookshop here in London! Can't wait to get home from work and read it!

L

Leatherass

DTB Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Order up in the poker stars store and not only can you get the book cheaper, but you can help out other people to get the book as well. The reason why is that Poker Stars is putting the book in US, Canada and Latin America for now, but if people are really liking it (aka a lot of people order it) then they will branch out to the rest of the world. Anyway, it is a great deal for only 1,900 FPPs so check it out if you are interested.

Hate for this post to look spammy, but I figure that if you clicked on this thread, then chances are this post can only benefit you in that I am directing everyone to a more economical option for my book.

If any of you happen to buy the book and have any questions about it, please feel free to ask me in the "ask me anything" thread that has been running all year in this forum.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You heard the man - get buying it so that I can buy it! :D

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This book is a must have for anyone who plans to take Poker seriously over long term. Leatherass9 is very logical and he never dictates people what to do. He explains his approach regardless of what others will say. My mindset towards Poker has changed so much ever since I read this book. I'm profiting steadily for once in my online poker life. None of those rollercoaster bs where I win and lose back and forth while having majority of my roll up on the line. I played more hands, and can determine whether I'm a winning player or losing player at the stakes that I play. I still struggle with variance and tilt once in a while.

nathan12420

nathan12420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That graph of his last two years is incredible. I want this book off the graph alone. He has barely even had a rough step during the whole process. I need to read up more about all of these great players that I don't really recognize the names. I wish I had time to sit around all day and try to improve my game. I did for a few months while I was laid off, but that apparently wasn't enough. It takes a long time to become a great player. I only feel decently horrible at this point in my life. Maybe we'll get better though with a little more time and a lot more experience.

L

Leatherass

DTB Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the props guys! I am glad you enjoyed the book and my "logical" approach to the game.

For those who are interested, I actually just started a youtube series where I discuss my key hands of the day and the thought process that went into them. I blabber on for several minutes about each hand haha, but hopefully it can be helpful to ya. Anyway, if anyone wants to check it out please feel free here: http://dustyschmidt.net/2010/07/584/

lektrikguy

lektrikguy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just checked out "The Hand of the Day"-very cool. Yes, it's very ghetto too, but the info is what matters. I would love to see the hand if you record it, though I know you play so many tables that it's impossible. Hope you continue to post them. BTW-what's that little furred out area on the ceiling by the corner of your closet? Looks like maybe AC/heat ducts. I'm an electrician and I notice those kinds of things and am just curious.