"Treat your Poker Like a Business" (by Dusty "Leatherass" Schmidt)

D

dan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
halfway into book got it today hope it gets better got the e-book and the hardcover and Raise interesting but might just be for 20 tablers and the hardcore among us I own a business so I understand you must put your all into everything that you want to be sucsessful $40 isnt bad if I pick up a couple of good things I will let you know

bazerk

bazerk

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Munchrs, Thanks for the recommendation, was wondering what to get the SO for Christmas (+ I'll get to benefit also ;)).

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sounds a good book, and I like the idea of paying for it via your poker account, does that also apply to people overseas, ie in the UK?

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just ordered the book, I chose to get the PDF version because the hardcopy might take 7 years to reach my location. Hopefully I would be reading in 12 hours :)

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hopefully I would be reading in 12 hours :)

I got mine within an hour. And I bought the combo pack so i'll get the hardcopy at some point too. Paid though FTP transfer which is nice. Obviously worth the price as it's only a fraction of a buy-in.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just ordered the book, I chose to get the PDF version because the hardcopy might take 7 years to reach my location. Hopefully I would be reading in 12 hours :)

Cool - I be you will have it read before the well thread starts. I am going to try to break a self record once I get my hard copy. The good news is I find it easiest to concentrate on reading while on my treadmill so might get rid of those pesky extra post-xmas pounds at the same time hehe.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got mine within an hour. And I bought the combo pack so i'll get the hardcopy at some point too. Paid though FTP transfer which is nice. Obviously worth the price as it's only a fraction of a buy-in.

Hey not fair - I had to pay over 8 buy-ins for mine. :p

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh great then, the sooner the better. I was reading 'John Dies at the End' by David Wong but I think I would put that down for this one.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh great then, the sooner the better. I was reading 'John Dies at the End' by David Wong but I think I would put that down for this one.
have you got to the bit where John dies? I think it happens at the end.........

Just checked the Leatherass site, found that this book can be shipped to the UK for an extra $12, bargain, will order soon!

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ordered it today, dont think i can handle e-books anymore, so i just got the hard copy. Paid via stars transfer, handy that :)

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ordered it today, dont think i can handle e-books anymore, so i just got the hard copy. Paid via stars transfer, handy that :)

Yeah, one of the question I actually have for LA is how he is able to accept Stars/Tilt $$ for the book. Didn't think they allowed people to collect $$ for goods/services as a rule anymore. I'm guessing that it's because he'll play through the $$ unlike the HEM/PT3/etc. developers.

D

dan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
finished it dont know yet no great revelations must sleep on info they dont have to play if they sell books could be the next title lol

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just got the copy, was constantly refreshing my email for the last 6 hours LOL. Only 206 pages, should be finished by the end of the week.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow, this book is really easy to read, could possible be done tonight LOL.

A

akcash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't play cash games but I ordered this book last week anyway because it seems to cover a lot of things that would apply to anyone who plays poker. I wanted the hard copy which doesn't start shipping until Dec 18th so I can't read it yet. If you order it now you get an autographed copy. It is $44.95 including shipping and you can pay for it from your one of your poker accounts.

I know ChuckT's has ordered it too -so maybe next month we can get a good discussion going.

I am also trying to con Dusty into an interview as my prize for being the 200th person to order the book lol.

Munchrs - I took the liberty of making an edit to your title. :)

have you read the book? i only play tournaments too so i was wondering if it would be beneficial. im sure it would be. how did you like it?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I read it and it is beneficial no matter what you play. It is not really a strategy book except for some things at the end. It is more about how you view your poker playing. It is a really good book -you should check it out.

Last edited:
A

akcash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I read and it is beneficial no matter what you play. It is not really a strategy book except for some things at the end. It is more about how you view your poker playing. It is a really good book -you should check it out.

thanks alot .

L

Leatherass

DTB Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I read and it is beneficial no matter what you play. It is not really a strategy book except for some things at the end. It is more about how you view your poker playing. It is a really good book -you should check it out.

Thanks for the props! I'm glad you enjoyed the book and I hope it helps you crush it at the tables.

A

akcash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just ordered TYPLIB. looking forward to reading it!

GiantBuddha

GiantBuddha

Poker Warrior - DTB Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For anyone who doesn't know, TYPLAB is available in the pokerstars store for like 1900 FPP. I think that's about $30 worth of points (or less if you're not a Supernova), which makes it the only underpriced book in the store.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
For anyone who doesn't know, TYPLAB is available in the PokerStars store for like 1900 FPP. I think that's about $30 worth of points (or less if you're not a Supernova), which makes it the only underpriced book in the store.

Once I hit 1900 FPP on PokerStars.. that's what I'll be getting.