Top thing they will never admit about poker.

Daquess

Daquess

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't worry about building your way up.

I'm thinking, it's 85% luck. 10% skill, and 5% what you're bankroll allows(poker earned or not).

But this is only approximately correct for online poker..

Live poker gives you better odds.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the long run, online poker gives you more chances to win, but live poker in the short run.

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

I'm thinking, it's 85% luck. 10% skill, and 5% what you're bankroll allows(poker earned or not).

Wow, Daquess. You've lost before you've even started. Read some of my earlier posts. I'm very specific as to how I built my bankroll online. Good luck.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I like online poker because there is no gambling around, no overexcitation - I can focus on the game. In addition, some people during the game behave too excited or swear loudly. All poker is a calculation of the probability of winning. The one who plays with a positive mathematical expectation wins. Practicing good bankroll management is like budgeting in everyday life. Everything can collapse in an instant if you are not careful.

Delenia

Delenia

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

Hello, I did not know you were a member of CardsChat. It is a Wonderful community! Welcome to CardsChat :)

cracker

cracker

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I agree with 85% luck in a freeroll but as the stakes increase the luck factor decreases. Would you donk all in with 9h 5s in a freeroll, sure see it all the time. But in a $10,000 buy in, not likely because luck would not be on your side.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips

I think after losing poker for a little over 10 years you will understand that skill is 90% the rest is luck and bluff
we all went through it and thought so(y):)

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would agree you need short-term luck to run deep in a MTT (win flip and 3 to 2 hands). I would poker and BRM skills to move up to the game that you want to grind in the future.

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need luck, of course. but in the long run the ability you have to bluff in pressing situations is what will give you the best results

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hello there, :cool:

Chin up :) The ups and downs in Poker are emotionally draining if you do not have a reasonable goal. Set a very small one and build momentum that way. (y)

I dove into the game of Poker, went on tilt more times than I care to remember but came back with a different mindset. :ninja:

This is why the CardsChat Community is so awesome. You get to go through the learning curve with little or no risk if you choose to and plenty of support and poker tools. It is all about the approach to the game and your discipline. Participate in the community and level up and enjoy all the freerolls and competitions. Focus on the fun factor.

After reading many posts like yours, I decided to give playing poker a more serious try. I have done some reading, taken the 30-day Poker course and continue to watch videos and study a little at a time while I apply what I learn. Now, I run a thread documenting my progress from no bankroll to see how far I can progress in a year; Zero Bankroll Builder Challenge. I welcome you to subscribe to my thread and encourage you to start your own.

Turn that 10% skill into your advantage since you cannot do anything about the luck :) .

See you at the tables. :geek:

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not give so much percentage to luck, there are more factors that are included and in which luck does not affect you enough, one of those factors is the size of the bets, reading the hands, etc. and I only mention that factor but there are many factors that are involved and with that make your game profitable despite luck

N

NotADonk

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I would say it is 50% luck and 50% skill.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It doesn't work without luck either, but if you rely primarily on luck in poker, then you won't be successful for very long.