My Top Ten Poker Mistakes

canesin

canesin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that my biggest problem is not in that list.. its:

11#) Getting pretty exited and don't enjoing a good hand - You have already win the board you have the biggest hand, and you get exited for that.. you go there and do a huge bet, all other players fold and you win..NOTHING.. !@#!@#.. I lost the count of how many times I don't managed the happines and did a simple check to "hide my big hand"..

CAPT. ZIGZAG

CAPT. ZIGZAG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find that a one bet works better than checking for drawing out raises.

---

E

erob

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i know u shouldnt play out your bank and it has got me more then a few times but damn when u trying 2 build a bankroll u most likely play out of your bankroll

E

erob

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
so sad i once had a bankroll on tilt and cashed out 70% of it then went broke off the spare change i left in. ever since that day cant really get a solid bankroll going

shammalamma

shammalamma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing too tired/long/drunk has definitely been a nice sized hole in my game play. I found at college that the best time for me to play was from about 10AM-1230PM after an early class, when I'm awake, alert, sober, and sharp. Without a doubt its the best time to play (for me anyway)

K

Kreepy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
#10) Playing To Often/Playing Too Long --- I totally agree with this one, i do this alot when I have a day off work

#8) Calling -- Dont get me started here, I am very bad at doing this, im trying to fix this

#7) Allowing Distractions -- I am so easily distracted....usually i have to turn on the TV or something

#7) Playing Micro/Low Limits -- I wanna agree but with a micro BR these are good but its alot of luck over skill.

#6) Playing Tired -- hey look its 4am or "Yawn" Whoops I just woke up and missed my tourney.

#1) Playing Above My Bankroll -- I have made this mistake ALOT

let me add a couple of my own:

Misplaying my hand

Knowing Im beat and not believing it

Playing too loose or tight based upon what happened earlier

bluffing at Micro limit games...I forget at these limits people play with ANYTHING

Not spending the time to learn the odds part of the game....I found when i spend a sec to think about the odds, i play a lil better.

I think that takes care of my major mistakes I have made...hopefully it means I will learn from these.