10.Peter Eastgate

BadB420

BadB420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This became a little bit tougher than I thought, but here we go... Here is my top 10!

1.Hellmuth
2.Ungar
3.Ivey
4.Negreanu
5.Esfandiari
6.Texas Dolly
7.Jc Tran
8.Chip Reese
9.Scotty Nguyen
10.Moss

G

guutox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Daniel Negreanu
2. Ivey
3. Phil Helmuth
4. Esfandiari
5. Jc Tran
6. Vanessa Selbst
7. Scotty Nguyen
8. Sam Tricket
9. Jamie Gold
10. Moss

Lheticus

Lheticus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Johnny Chan--The only poker player to be as badass as Doyle Brunson and to have an even MORE badass name. Doyle is the Chuck Norris of poker--and Johnny Chan is the Bruce Lee.
2. Phil Ivey--The MODERN poker legend. Literally every poker player is afraid of this guy.
3. Chris Fergusen--Another legend, a badass beard and my nominee for World's Most Intimidating Poker Face.
4. Phil Hellmuth--He gets results more than just about anyone else, especially at the wsop, and he's REALLY fun to watch when I'm in the right mood.
5. Scotty Nguyen--My favorite player to watch the very first year I watched the WSOP--which was also the Year of Moneymaker
6. Annie Duke--You go girl. Nuff said.
7. Phil Laak--Everyone may be afraid of Phil Ivey, but I'M also afraid of this guy. His hoodie and shades earns him the OTHER nomination for World's Most Intimidating Poker Face.
8. Daniel Negraneau--One of the youngest of the old guard, he's caught bad breaks on WSOP camera so many times that I love rooting for him. Go Canadia!
9. Greg Raymer:--The only player that, to my knowledge, has built a solid or even solid-ISH poker resume beyond "Winning the Main Event" in the years between Moneymaker and Jamie Gold.
10. Norman Chad--technically, he's cashed in a WSOP event, and he's HILARIOUS, I don't care what people say about this choice, haters gonna hate.

A

avjul66

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1-PHIL IVEY
2-DANIEL NEGREANU
3-JONATHAN DUHAMEL
4-MIKE MCDONALD (TIMEX)
5-GUS HANSEN
6-TOM "DURRR "DWAN
7-YICTOR BLOM-ISILDUR
8-PHIL HELMUTH
9-VANESSA SELBST
10-DARIO MINIERI

ckickenking

ckickenking

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. Phil Ivey
2. Daniel Negreanu
3. Vanessa Selbst
4. Erik Seidel
5. John Juanda
6. Jason Mercier
7. Phil Helmuth
8. JC Tran
9. Michael Mizrachi
10. Phil Galfond

Chris Moorman, Allen Cunningham, Gus Hanson, and Tom Dwan came really close

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Howard ledderer and Chris Ferguson should not be aloud on the list... Why don't we put Russ Hamilton up while were at it lolz

=o

BenjiHustle

BenjiHustle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Howard ledderer and Chris Ferguson should not be aloud on the list... Why don't we put Russ Hamilton up while were at it lolz

=o
+1

I just saw the Chris Ferguson vote. Like I said, some of this sh*t makes me wanna hang myself. I had a difficult time choosing players that are truly great and I look at the votes and see garbage left and right as people clearly struggle to identify great poker players. The fact that Seidel is left off of so many lists is insane. He barely made mine, but I could argue to put him up much higher and with all the tournament players in here, I would think he'd be top 5 to most of them.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Keep them coming - I will update the list again as soon as I have time!

Don't get bent out of shape over a few votes that won't even make the top 10. ;)

rickypr18

rickypr18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Phil Ivey - 10 bracelets (all in the new millenium, with larger field sizes, most of them in different poker games)
2. Phil Hellmuth - 13 bracelets (more than half in the new millenium, all of them in hold 'em except one)
3. Daniel Negreanu - 6 bracelets (all but one in the new millenium, all but one in hold 'em, two time WSOP player of the year)
4. Johnny Chan - 10 bracelets (Back to back main event winner in 150 + field sizes, nearly 3 in a row)
5. Doyle Brunson - 10 bracelets (most of them in small fields, 2 in the new millenium, still plays the biggest cash games on earth and is still a winning player)
6. Erik Seidel - 8 bracelets (half in the 90s, half in the 2000s, still one of the best live tournament players)
7. Allen Cunningham - 5 bracelets (all in the 2000s, very respected player, even by the pros).
8. John Juanda - 5 bracelets (all in the new millenium)
9. Patrik Antonius - 0 bracelets, but second in the all time online money list, and one of the best cash game players ever.
10. Phil Galfond - 1 bracelet (PLO), 4th in the all time online money list, and one of the best PLO players around.

lulu pk

lulu pk

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1.Phil Ivey
2.Phil Helmut
3.Daniel Negreanu
4.Doyle Brunson
5.Johny Chan
6.Vanessa Selbst
7.Erik Seidel
8.Stu Ungar
9.Scott Seiver
10.Philipp Gruissem

lulu pk

lulu pk

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Woops didn't put these in order and also misread the OP thought it said top ten favorite and not top 10 best

And yes,you spelled his name wrong:) Dario Minieri;)

Jollocks

Jollocks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1) Stu Ungar
2) Phil Ivey
3) Doyle Brunson
4) Sam Trickett
5) Phil Hellmuth
6) Dan Negreanu
7) Tom Dwan
8) Johnny Chan
9) Antonio Esfandiari
10) Dan Harrington

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

=o

ah.. umm..... :hmmmm: because he sucks except when he can see your cards.

Last edited:
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
... in no specific order

Doyle Brunson
Chip Reese
Phil Helmuth
Phil Ivey
Erik Seidel
Daniel Negreanu
Stu Ungar
Tom Dwan
Dan 'djk123' Kelly
Dan Smith

(11th - Chris Moorman, Jason Mercier, Bryn Kenney, Scott Seiver, Paul Volpe, Shaun Deeb, Daniel Cates, Patrick Antonius)

Z

Zin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Stu Ungar
2. Phil Helmuth
3. Doyle Brunson
4. Daniel Negreanu
5. Phil Ivey
6. Chip Reese
7. Sammy Farha
8. Phil Galfond
9. Erik Seidel
10. JC Tran

rickypr18

rickypr18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Reading these responses made me wanna hang myself. Did anyone even think of Stu Ungar, the best poker player of all time, without question? And if I see Jamie Gold or Chris Moneymaker on a top 10 all-time anything list again, I may just have to do it.

Ungar, by far.

I did think of Ungar, but the fact that he competed in very small fields, except in the 97 main event (which was an impressive win nonetheless), lessens his accomplishments. He is the only one to win the Main Event three times (Johnny's first was BS), which is impressive as well. I never saw him play live, so I cannot think if he was talented or not. I can only hear what other people thought about him. To me, he disgusts me as a person, and that's all I need to know to not put him in my top 10.

9. Greg Raymer:--The only player that, to my knowledge, has built a solid or even solid-ISH poker resume beyond "Winning the Main Event" in the years between Moneymaker and Jamie Gold.

Joe Hachem has earned more money after his main event win than Raymer. Anyway, neither of them are among the top ten best players in the world right now, much less of all time.

Last edited by a moderator:
XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did think of Ungar, but the fact that he competed in very small fields, except in the 97 main event (which was an impressive win nonetheless), lessens his accomplishments. He is the only one to win the Main Event three times (Johnny's first was BS), which is impressive as well. I never saw him play live, so I cannot think if he was talented or not. I can only hear what other people thought about him. To me, he disgusts me as a person, and that's all I need to know to not put him in my top 10.

Just want to say, at Ungar' years, He is playing with pros not like these days, pros, semi pros, and casual players.
And
At his years, that main event buyin 10K USD is worthing much more than 10K nowadays, think at least equals 400K USD nowadays.

therefore, based on the edge of the player pool he played and the talent he got, He is No.1 in my eyes.

PS: he has some WSOP 1981 games on Youtube, you may think that is easy for today's player to repeat, but think that is 20 Years ago, He is far ahead of the decades.

BTW: don't want to discuss his personal way of life, OBV his life management is the worst ever. :p

sergios

sergios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Daniel Negreanu
2. Phil Ivey
3.Phil Helmuth
4. Doyle Brunson
5. Mike Matusow
6. Sam Tricket