Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I play poker every day, but lately I play 2 hours and I get stressed, needing to get out to get some fresh air. I am interested in all the points of view of all the boys, I largely agree.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it will depend on yourself, not every day is the same, sometimes you wake up with the desire to have long sessions of playing poker, other times with little desire, so, in general each one will put the schedule to your game, always not to abuse it.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So play less. To make fewer mistakes :)

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker every day, but lately I play 2 hours and I get stressed, needing to get out to get some fresh air. I am interested in all the points of view of all the boys, I largely agree.

I myself go through cycles. Sometimes for months at a time, I will play 8-10 hours per day. Then I will feel a little burned out. As soon as I feel that I am not playing my best, I will cut back on hours or days at the tables. I am lucky enough that I do not need to grind X number of hours. Poker has become my 2nd stream of income. I pay my rent, and food with my 1st income. In my opinion, I have a pretty ideal situation. The first thing you must do, is define your situation, not to "us" but to yourself. Be realistic, are you earning a living from poker? If yes, you might not have the luxury of taking time off whenever you want. It still might be what you need but maybe you can only take 1 day off the grind. Many times we want someone to tell us we are doing right. In reality, that is a personal decision and you must learn to be honest with self. Good Luck and don't drown in self-doubt.

tra1mp

tra1mp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For a more effective game, I have formed a rule of sessions for myself, 1 session lasts no more than 2-3 hours. If more, then I lose

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When is enoughs enoughs...when is it break time when do you walk away.and yes when do u run...inotice that I play my best when I first start playing for the day and as I progress through the day I get looser and at theendof a10 hour session I'm seeing almost every hand without realizing..thinking I'll just out play him after the flop knowing that there seen a lot my tricks for the last few hours and are catching on to me

I find it's best to stick to a schedule if you're a tournament player. Planning how many tables you'll play in a day with the expectation you'll make a deep run in at least 1-2 of them helps me avoid playing too many tables at once, or past my best.

blackknives

blackknives

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There was a period in university where i played for months, every day/night instead of going to classes, studying, etc. We weren't even playing for much but it might have been a phase, of hanging out with a common activity, and after that cold turkey for years

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
when the joy of playing disappears :), of course seriously if you manage to make bigger gains, you should take a few days off, at least to enjoy the winnings.:)

A

airvikki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play every day, but so far practically at 0. I think I can allocate 1-2 days a week to work on the game. Because there is not enough time to combine the game and work on the game.

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every week u should have at least 2 "poker free" days. And twice a year 2 weeks "poker free" and you will be ok (sounds like a job :) )

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Just straight here. Being stressed and needing fresh air are not problems, just go and get them, find your pace.

Secondly, assuming poker is your job or your main source of income as otherwise you wouldn't be asking this, it depends how obsessed you are and how much you want to achieve and succeed. If you'd rather be stuck in a job for 8-12 hours without an option to get fresh air, then go for it. Poker is not an obligation, it's a choice..

If it's just a hobby, then it's even more of a choice so stepping away from it does not affect your well being..

S

Sham3415

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The truth is I really like poker today with my husband I play it he does it more times since my job only allows me at night due to the schedules, even so I try to make that time!

P

ppartizan2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me,its enough playing the freeroll tournaments,because i have nothing to lose.Sometimes i play cash,but not too much,because it leads to frustration and anger,which will just drag you down.So for me optimal dose of poker is a tourney and maybe 2hr on a weekend of cash games.

N

Natasha Veneska

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My problem is when I win big enough I dont know when to stop. My only flaw...knowing when to stop, and not give it back. I need to cash out, and come back with a small amount a couple days later. My most recent big win was when I won $2800 in a tourney back in June, and gave back $2400 sigh.

Last edited:
G

gud1ni99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe sometimes you just need to afford a little vacation? Just do other things for a couple of days ... Go for a walk (best in nature), spend more time with family or friends, or just do what you like during this time :)
These short breaks are sometimes very helpful in refreshing your head.