Time Bank Near the Bubble

arabarran666

arabarran666

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'ts a boring tactic, but it is legit, so there is nothing we can do about it. Just keep calm and play your game!

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have any problems with players taking their time when the bubble is close by. But what is annoying is when people do it when the tourney director has already announced it is hand for hand. That accomplishes nothing other than to piss everybody left off.

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ive heard it before as well under the context I described above. A hu player who perpetually times all the way down each action on purpose receiving a warning that its against the spirit of the rules.

The time meter and time bank are there to be utilized but I do believe players who abuse them should be warned and dealt with if necessary.

Do you means heads up play (hu)? Yes, that would be quite annoying and I could see where a tourney directory might give a player a warning for that. No reason to be an arse when it just two players left. Yes, if your opponent has a very small stack and the blinds are eating into his chips quickly, stalling for the next blind level could be considered a legit strategy, but seriously, don't do it.

WhereDidMyEVGo

WhereDidMyEVGo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you means heads up play (hu)? Yes, that would be quite annoying and I could see where a tourney directory might give a player a warning for that. No reason to be an arse when it just two players left. Yes, if your opponent has a very small stack and the blinds are eating into his chips quickly, stalling for the next blind level could be considered a legit strategy, but seriously, don't do it.

Yes I mean heads up but I'm referring primarily to heads up sng's. Stars used to have no blind increase hu sng's (I don't think they do anymore) and players would stall the maximum amount of time possible for every action. Obviously it would be more of an issue in a match like that but it still happens and its still obnoxious and its still discouraged.

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's a transcript guys:

Hello Marko,

Greetings from pokerstars.

It has come to our attention that during T#1093396966 you have been stalling during games - taking up the maximum time permitted for every hand, no matter how obvious the decision.

Stalling is against the spirit of the game and poor etiquette. We want everybody to have a positive experience at PokerStars, and disruptive behaviour such as this takes away everybody's fun.

We must ask you to refrain from using the full allotted amount of time in order to make each decision, including trivial folds of unplayable hands. Should there be any repeat infractions, then punitive measures will be introduced, up to and including a loss of playing privileges. We hope this clarifies our position on the matter.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Regards,

Michal
PokerStars Support Team

xastaria

xastaria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker first of all is a strategy game which needs luck:D !!! so you need time to think NOT only before the bubbles but from the first hand you play in a tournament!if your chips are not near the average chips you must start slow play 30 or 40 hands earlier or 30 players before the bubbles!!!

WhereDidMyEVGo

WhereDidMyEVGo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker first of all is a strategy game which needs luck:D !!! so you need time to think NOT only before the bubbles but from the first hand you play in a tournament!if your chips are not near the average chips you must start slow play 30 or 40 hands earlier or 30 players before the bubbles!!!

I'm confused...you're advocating stalling whenever your stack is below average?

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It may not be fair, but while it exists, we must know how to use it. If you get near the bubble with a few chips, better hope someone burst to catch at least the buy-in back.
agree,
and maybe short stacked opponent has already used his time bank with the same goal to slow the pace of the table

O

oMONSTERo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll slow play like the best of them if it means me making $ over me not making money. It's common sense.

T

totox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yesbank

i agree completely. the time bank is so unnecessary

B

brianthompson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A time bank is a crucial tool for poker. Its good to take that extra time to think about possibly tournament ending decisions. But of course it is used to stall. If you have a hand like Ace King suited on the bubble when your a low stack and its time to push all in, its good to let the bubble birst before putting your chips in, it could be the difference between cashing and not.

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it should be gone during the bubble as well. People take advantage of it slows the game down. The purpose of hand for hand is so all the tables play the same amount of hands and don't stall to get to the money. I can't believe some posted that its to stop from two people being eliminated at the same time. That must be a joke I didn't get haha