Tiffany Michelle in the WSOP

gamedemon

gamedemon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Didn't like her act and I really didn't like when she almost cheered when other women were eliminated... Sorry, I don't think that there are any real prizes for being the top Female.

I thought her play was pretty bad. On Days 4 and 5 she made at least 3 bad calls that she sucked out on just to continue. I think she hit a two-outer in one hand just to stay alive.

lightning36

lightning36

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What made her look even worse is that the other women who went deep seemed really classy. Maybe it was just the editing, but ...

Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can take a person out of the bog, you can't take the bog out of a person.

G

grandstrom

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Snobby skinny rich girl

YUMMY!

You guys are just haters!

ythelongface

ythelongface

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i believe she did commentary on poker tourneys b4 this, so im doubtin she is rich.

RichKo

RichKo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know If anyone else mentioned this (didn't see anything) but she even got bitchy at the guy suggesting she used a fork when eating greasy french fries at the table, so she didn't get the cards funky. Then went on to make some smart ass comment about it later. I also wasn't too thrilled how she jumped on Bishop's(I think that was his name) case for calling her raise with suited connectors...I can understand if he called with total rags being a little upset, but I don't see anything wrong with that play. And then to berate him and get all pissy...quit whining and play. I was a fan after reading about her in bluff but I think her looks were just blinding me (she IS pretty damn hot). I guess we'll see how she does next year. Very crappy attitude, but with the exeption of the wonderful Cardschat members :D that are so nice and I love so dearly, alot of people i run into at the tables are "douchey"(I love that word). I think poker makes you EEEVVVIIILLL Mwa ah ahhhh. Happy Halloween

C

crazyfool

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
She was fine from most of what I saw until the end. Maybe just cranky for whatever reason or the pressure. Who knows

S

sambuca421

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont care what she did...i'd still bang her into kingdom come!

M

maxima191

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
She gave good poker face and showed she had balls no big deal-She's a real person not stuck up at all-I happen to converse with her on Myspace weekly.
She got alot of BS from Pokernews.com when she choose to Rep Ultimatebet since Pokernews thought they owned rights to her poker career-She's also acts and sings so she has talent so can't hate if she has the skills in many areas.
She can make her Bank Account Sing.

OneEyeLefty

OneEyeLefty

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let us remember that this is edited for TV. She was an ass. However, we all have made mistakes in our lives. Hopefully, she will learn from it once she sees how it looks.

Lefty

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe it's just the hands they chose to show, but she did come off looking veeeeeery douchey.

It wasn't just calling the clock in that hand either - the one where someone asks how much she has and she just waves a finger in the direction of her stack... douchey. OK, you don't have to answer, you can get the dealer to count it for you. But don't make them do that and be an ass at the same time.

Yeah I would have asked the dealer for a count in that situation just to kind of give her a slap in the face right back at her.

lightning36

lightning36

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some of the stuff that came out this summer regarding Tiffany's "situation" with PokerNews:

PokerNews Official Statement
July 14, 2008
PokerNews Management
The last 48 hours have been a crucial and trying time for PokerNews.

On the outset of the world series of poker, we have been associated with an outstanding female poker player, who until a few hours ago, was the last woman standing in the original field of 6844 entrants in the 2008 wsop Main Event. Official PokerNews representative, Tiffany Michelle, was one of the chip leaders for the better end of her run in the Main Event and was poised for a brilliant Final Table appearance that would make her the second woman in history to achieve such a feat.

As a company that truly believes in this industry and in the importance of supporting aspiring poker players, PokerNews sponsored her full tilt poker into several buy-in events at this year’s World Series including the Main Event, enabling Tiffany to showcase her irrefutable talent and flair on the felt. However, a few days into the Main Event, several media outlets published reports and images showing Tiffany donning an UltimateBet.net logo during her play at the ESPN feature table.

It was later confirmed that without any consultation with PokerNews, Tiffany went ahead and signed a sponsorship deal with Ultimate Bet. While we welcome such sponsorship deals between online gaming operators and players, as a company we could see no reason as to why we were left out of such negotiations, especially considering the relationships that PokerNews has with all such entities. Tiffany was bought into the event by PokerNews and had a signed player contract with PokerNews Ltd. We believe, that based on advice from her agent that the contract may have loopholes; she went and made a deal with an online gaming operator that completely contradicted the trust that we had put in her, both as an employee and as a sponsored player. As an organization we felt completely sabotaged by Tiffany, her agent and Ultimate Bet.

In fact, PokerNews was looking forward to and expected a large number of sponsorship offers from the world’s biggest poker rooms – Tiffany’s career was about to explode and we could not have been more proud for her. Therefore, we are incredibly disappointed with Tiffany and her agent’s lack of respect and professionalism. We are currently seeking legal council on this entire situation and potential damages to PokerNews.

In regard to the Ultimate Bet and PokerNews relationship, Ultimate Bet has come under considerable scrutiny from the Poker Community for several scandals involving high-ranking employees and the use of defective software that allowed these users to see their opponent’s hole cards. As a result of such breaches in the online communities trust, PokerNews has decided that it will no longer promote this site within its network.

Despite the disappointing circumstances, we extend our deepest congratulations to Tiffany on her outstanding achievement. Tiffany finished in 17th place and left the room to a standing ovation.

On behalf of PokerNews, I would like to thank the millions of faithful viewers who have supported us throughout this time, and who have continued to come to us for reliable, timely and in-depth reporting of the world’s biggest poker tournaments. I truly believe that this year we were able to showcase to the world the incredible team of people that we have working for this organization. The live updates this year set a precedent and I am proud of our efforts.

Justin Robert Huxley
PokerNews Ltd Vice President

From Tony G's blog:

While the game of poker is normally considered to be played across the green felt with chips in hand, the game encompasses a whole world of deals, situations, complexities, and extremes that are never placed in view on the felt. I am deeply distressed over a situation that I feel did not need to happen and it goes against the integrity and trust that I placed in someone that I considered to be a friend and an employee at PokerNews.com and I need to air the events to help myself deal with what has just happened.

Just before the $1K re-buy event at the WSOP, I held a celebration at the Naked Fish and invited many of my friends, including Tiffany Michelle.

Tiffany brought Maria Ho and we had a lot of fun talking and relaxing away from the stress of the WSOP and the Rio. I told Tiffany that I really like what she had done at PokerNews over the last two years and I knew she could be a huge star. We talked about PokerNews putting her into the Ladies Event (that deal was already set) and I wanted to give her a one bullet shot at the $1K re-buy event. She was very happy. I didn't mention anything about her having to sign any paper work and we just agreed on the money terms.

We later had a PokerNews party at Bellagio. I took Tiffany to the VIP box and introduced her to Jeff Lisandro, Billy The Croc, and Jason Grey. Tiffany sat down next to Jeff and they really hit it off. About an hour later Jeff told me he wanted me to put Tiff in the main event. The main event had already started day 1A and Tiff could not get in and she desperately wanted to play. I spent some time talking to Jeff and told him I really couldn't afford to do that, we left it there. We kept talking and Jason got involved in the conversation. A little later, Jeff again said I should put Tiff in the main event and Jason backed him up. I told Jeff he should put some money up because even though Tiff is a good player, she is not someone I would normally stake in this event. I stake many players; Kirill Gerasimov because he is a great player and has made 8 WSOP final tables, Marcel Luske for the first time this WSOP since he is a great player and a great personality and ambassador for the game, those are a few but I know they are qualified to play in this tournament.

As I thought about the whole idea, I thought also about the value PokerNews would receive if Tiff were to make the final table. I really love the girl and she is a star to me, and a great entertainer but not qualified enough as a skilled poker player that I would stake in the main event and if I were to do that, her value would be 80/20 and I know that if she places, she is going to get a huge deal but before she's proven herself, no one would want to touch her with that big of an investment on unproven ground.

As I thought about it all, I said to Jeff that if he put up $4K, I would put up $6K but I would have all the rights to Tiff in terms of endorsement. I know Jason and Tiff both heard me say this. Jeff immediately said yes, that he would do it. I was under a lot of pressure right then because I had run out of cash and even had to borrow money to stake her. I told Tiff that she would have to sign a contract and I wanted it understood that I wanted the rights from anything that might come of her playing and placing in this event; at the time, it was kind of like buying a lottery ticket. I was pretty excited and pumped because I had 35 players in the main event and very high hopes that some of them would do very well and win, of course I was interested in what it would all mean to PokerNews in terms of traffic and new exposure. PokerNews is my dream and a very big part of my life. If I succeed, so does PokerNews, and if PokerNews succeeds, so do I.

The final result was that PokerNews paved the way for Tiffany Michelle's entrance into the main event. The deal was one third for me, one third for Jeff and one third for Tiff and she represents PokerNews.

The first part of the written contract starts like this:

"I, Tiffany Graham, agree that I am an official PokerNews sponsored player."

Unfortunately, my people did not get a water tight contract but that is a matter of deliberation. She is considered to be an official representative of PokerNews, and in all matters of honor and integrity, how can she discard her responsibility to PokerNews and step into a contract with someone else as their official representative? It's noted by others that Tiffany began by wearing PokerNews affiliated clothing and then stepped into Ultimate Bet attire, pretty much concealing her connection with PokerNews as the main event progressed.

When Tiff turned up with Ultimatebet gear on day 5, it was a total shock to me and all of PokerNews management. You can compare all sides of this and decide for yourself but when I saw her, I was left speechless. I asked my people if she had signed the contract. For me contracts are 20/80 with 80% up to the person that signs up. Unfortunately we cannot enforce things easily via courts, especially with online poker since none of the online poker is based in the US nor does it appear to be a situation that will soon be remedied because the United States appears not to care about integrity and truth or protection for people that play online poker. Every player that has signed with any site could just say, "Go and jump, now I play for UB or Card Player or whoever I want so sue me!" It just isn't going to happen whether it's in the Bahamas or Costa Rica.

People, in principal, especially the people I've had dealings with in poker are honest and Tiff is the first one to break the online poker code - the poker code period, for that matter and drop the ball with me. Even if she did not sign anything, and we had just verbally agreed at the initial talk at the PokerNews party, where are her ethics in business deals?

I tried to call her and eventually got her on the phone. She told me that she couldn't talk to me, that I would have to talk to her agent Katie. I am really pissed. I can't sleep because I don't understand why she would do this to me. Where was Katie when Tiff need $10K to play the main event? Where was anyone at all, including UB, when Tiff needed to find a way into the Ladies' Event or the 1K re-buy event.

Before play on her last day, Tiff called me and I was so happy for her to have made it as far as she did. But I told her that no matter what, she couldn't wear the UB clothing. I asked her to please think about what she was doing to us, meaning her relationship with me and PokerNews, and she said she would think about it.

I keep wondering how Katie, Tiff's agent, would even consider doing this deal with Tiff and how Tiff would not think that her first responsibility for advice and planning should come from PokerNews. I had been working on putting a deal together for Tiff with pokerstars and they had just emailed me. I knew Tiff could become a huge star and I was going to allow her to do a deal that would protect PokerNews also for the main event. We had it all set with PokerStars and she was going to get millions out of it with at least $1M in buy-ins no matter where she finished in the main event. I know that with UB she did not even get a signed contract and I believe Tiff's agent does not have any direct contacts with big sites and UB was her agent's only choice. We asked Annie Duke to get Tiff to pull the gear and Annie agreed. And then Tiff came out with the UB logos all over her for the final devastating day of her main event. UB said that Tiff chose to wear it.

I am not a money hungry person and I don't think about how much I can make but I can truthfully say that on the last few hands I wanted Tiff to bust. I wanted this to end. I felt sick. When she busted It was a huge relief and closure of the situation.

I have never sued anyone and I don't like using my energy on negative things. The court would be the one that decided if she broke a contract with me but I don't like using my energy on negative things. I believe that the time it would take for me to go after her and the hard feelings that would build because of it, that I would lose so much of my good energy that I am not going to prosecute her.

I have a message for Tiff: you are 24 and you have made a horrid mistake. You let me down. You can't live your life like this. I am very hurt that you came out with UB and you could not call me to say, "Hey, here is a deal and this is what I want to do, what do you think?"

Tiff you're off the hook with this, it's over. I have said all I want to say about this.

And from Tiffany Michelle:

Tiffany Michelle Official Statement - Thursday, July 17, 2008

It is with great sadness that I've had to see my accomplishment of finishing 17th in the WSOP Main Event clouded by slanderous accusations and inaccurate information. I have been humbled by the overwhelming support from friends, fans and the media and for their sake as well as mine I feel as if I must respond and bring clarity to the situation.

There is no denying the positive press and exposure I brought Pokernews by wearing their logo and being their representative during the 2008 World Series of Poker main event. After such a successful series, I am greatly dismayed by Pokernews' subsequent actions. No one has ever questioned my integrity before this and I am so distressed that Pokernews is using their powerful public forum to spin such a negative recounting of the facts of what occurred during the final two days of the main event.

As we all know, it is standard practice for players to wear multiple logos during the main event. Pokernews was aware of this, having placed their logos on a number of players with sponsorship deals with other companies. Throughout the World Series I saw several players wear the Pokernews logo alongside the logos of online card rooms such as Pokerstars and T6. This makes it very clear that Pokernews supported this practice as a rule and were not against players wearing their logo in conjunction with the logo of an online card room. Like many other people, I wore multiple logos but in no way diminished the presence of Pokernews in doing so.

Unfortunately in this instance, Pokernews suddenly felt that I was in violation of my backing deal by wearing another logo. I have a written contract that has been reviewed by legal counsel – and it is very clearly a non-exclusive contract meaning that while I was expected to wear the Pokernews logo – I was in no way prevented from wearing any other logo. Furthermore Pokernews did not possess any power to make, advise or negotiate any kind of logo or sponsorship deal that came about via my playing the main event. In light of recent allegations by Pokernews, I have had this contract reviewed again by legal counsel to reconfirm my stance – that I in no way was in violation. It was never even said to me verbally until after the fact that there was an expectation of exclusivity. Even in my previous dealings with Pokernews, as their On-Camera Host I have made a point to never agree to any kind of exclusivity with their company as advised by my talent manager. The first I heard of Pokernews' disapproval to me wearing the UB logo was after I already had it on and was playing on the featured table.

It was unfortunate that while I was working hard to try to win the main event (and in so doing help to further promote Pokernews) I was chastised by Pokernews representatives at all hours of the day and night for wearing a second logo. Despite my repeated requests that they go through my manager and let me just concentrate on playing, they insisted on contacting me directly, greatly upsetting me during the most important weekend of my life. These representatives of Pokernews kept repeatedly telling me they had nothing but 'my best interests at heart' yet I felt bombarded by several parties trying to control my decisions and pressure my actions.

A fact that is known to Pokernews is that I was approached by many online poker sites wanting me to represent them during the last few days of the event; however I chose to work with UltimateBet. Tony G even quotes in his BLOG "I had been working on putting a deal together for Tiff with PokerStars and they had just emailed me. I knew Tiff could become a huge star and I was going to allow her to do a deal that would protect Pokernews also for the main event". The fact that Pokernews was willing to work with PokerStars on a joint deal says it all – the contract was NONEXCLUSIVE.

I am a grown woman and I can decide for myself who I choose to associate myself with. That should not be Tony G's decision. Just because Tony G. backed me in the event (and profited quite nicely by doing so) does not mean that he should be able to control or profit from any logo or sponsorship deal I might make or have any say in how I handle my career. I have been around poker a long time and it's widely known that a backer has no say or cut of a player's sponsorship or logo deal. Again, I had seen several Pokernews sponsored players wearing online card room logos already so clearly the backing deal and the logo deals were separate for every other player wearing Pokernews. Why would it be different just for me?

In the end, I completely stand by my decision and I feel that UltimateBet was the one site that treated me with the respect and dignity deserving of someone in my stressful situation. Throughout the whole event they were insistent on wanting me to just concentrate on my play and were clear that the decision in the end was mine and I should do what I felt was best for me.

It is unfortunate that Pokernews has taken the step of publicly accusing me of breaching their contract when I have been scrupulous in fulfilling my obligations. I have always felt that disputes like this should be handled privately and in this case using such a broad reaching platform to air such a dispute seems really inappropriate to me. Still, I want to say how much I appreciate the opportunities that Pokernews has given me. I am deeply grateful to Jeff Lisandro and Tony G for backing me in the event and giving me this opportunity to play in the most exciting event of my life.

Information courtesy of Tao of Poker.

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol, I was going to make a "TM is a douche" thread !

First of all, anyone who thinks she is good looking needs to get their eyes checked. At best she is Chantel McNulty "stuck in an elevator hot", but I often fear that she will unhinge her massive jaw and swallow someone whole like a snake...

Rooting to be the last women in the event was douchey.

Saying "you have a crush on me" and/or "your chips have a crush on me" four times in one episode is douchey.

Calling the clock was douchey.

Eating at the table with her hands was douchey.

Acting too cool for school and playing horrible was douchey.

ETC.

Last edited:
zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
She gave good poker face and showed she had balls no big deal-She's a real person not stuck up at all-I happen to converse with her on Myspace weekly.
She got alot of BS from Pokernews.com when she choose to Rep Ultimatebet since Pokernews thought they owned rights to her poker career-She's also acts and sings so she has talent so can't hate if she has the skills in many areas.
She can make her Bank Account Sing.

umm Pokernews paid for her buy-in (yep, $10k) in return for sponsorship and once she started to go deep she ditched them for UB. Of course Pokernews gave her some shit. They didn't own her career, they did own her for that tourney.

And what AG said, she's not all that good looking.

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I suspect that as soon as she busted out of the WSOP Tiffany went right back to turning tricks.

This is a very douchy comment. Because she's a young good looking female the only way she can make money is by spreading her legs? This comment is highly offensive to me.

Sorry guys but I saw nothing bad about her behavior. She was trying to put the table chip leader on tilt. Good strategy if you get the cards to do it with.

I've seen a lot of other players do the same. And worse. It's all part of the game. Anything to put a player off their game. How about Raymer's glasses? Those things were bizarre. You know they gave him an edge over some players.

She wants to play the part of an annoying bitch then so be it. If it helps then good for her. Whatever to get you further along. How about that one guy who didn't shower for 10 days. You don't think his "personality" put player's off their game? I see nothing wrong with what she did.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a very douchy comment. Because she's a young good looking female the only way she can make money is by spreading her legs? This comment is highly offensive to me.

Sorry guys but I saw nothing bad about her behavior. She was trying to put the table chip leader on tilt. Good strategy if you get the cards to do it with.

I've seen a lot of other players do the same. And worse. It's all part of the game. Anything to put a player off their game. How about Raymer's glasses? Those things were bizarre. You know they gave him an edge over some players.

She wants to play the part of an annoying bitch then so be it. If it helps then good for her. Whatever to get you further along. How about that one guy who didn't shower for 10 days. You don't think his "personality" put player's off their game? I see nothing wrong with what she did.

She called clock when she was not in a hand. She called it after about a minute for a decision for all his chips. Sorry but I agree with the other guy not in the hand. What she did was "not cool". Sure it's within her rights, but it would be like a batter in baseball taking over a minute dancing around the bases after a home run. Within the rules, but doing so makes you look like an idiot and most likely the next guy gets it in the earhole. If I were at that table I'd have called clock on her every single future decision she had to make. Glasses don't hurt anyone's chances. Taking away time when he should be able to take time and she's not even in the hand is a dick move. Nothing to do with her gender. And then to claim she's short and blinds are rising? She's in a 2-hour blind structure tournament with 50 big blinds. That's not short and she's not in danger of busting out soon.

Last edited:
icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man we were all excited to find out all about her ... then we met her via the ESPN telecasts, now we're flaming her more than any player than I can remember. I will say she pretty much earned it.

AlienGenius Said: she will unhinge her massive jaw and swallow

Where I come from, that's a GOOD thing.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
She wants to play the part of an annoying bitch then so be it. .

How do you know she is playing a part of an annoying bitch, instead of just being an annoying bitch?

If you are defending her because she is a fellow woman, watch the clip dg1267 posted above - 28 seconds in

"no really no offence, i'm only joking!!!!:) "

Cow (her, not you!)

NascarFanSS

NascarFanSS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all, she is a hotty without a doubt. Second, if you read her statement up there her story sounded and was at the very least much more well written than that of pokernews. PNs statement came off as childish jealousy because they obviously had other plans that were squashed when she made a deal with people that made her feel comfortable. I can't say wether or not she was wearing one or both logos for I don't pay that much attention however she is a big girl and can decide whos toes to step on and whos not too.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lol, I was going to make a "TM is a douche" thread !

First of all, anyone who thinks she is good looking needs to get their eyes checked. At best she is Chantel McNulty "stuck in an elevator hot", but I often fear that she will unhinge her massive jaw and swallow someone whole like a snake...
Agreed

Rooting to be the last women in the event was douchey.
Agreed

Saying "you have a crush on me" and/or "your chips have a crush on me" four times in one episode is douchey.
Agreed

Calling the clock was douchey.
Agreed

Eating at the table with her hands was douchey.
Agreed

Acting too cool for school and playing horrible was douchey.
Agreed
ETC.

Agreed :D

*Highlight was learning she once 'died' on the show ER - wow, and now she's dying at the WSOP lol :)

Last edited:
some_d00d

some_d00d

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
She made a thread on 2p2 to say that the editing made her look bad, but some of the people who sat at her tables said that it was an accurate snapshot of how bitchy she was at the tables. :D

Babynut

Babynut

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being a woman I like to see women do well, however...... Imo, calling the clock when you are not involved in the hand, was flat out rude! I was glad to see someone told her that too. After that I no longer want her to do well. I was glad to see she made her final mistake by going all in against a set. I was happy to see her go.

WSOP