Think of Chris Ferguson

M

MimiMLZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello all,

What do you guys think of Chris Ferguson?

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think he is one of the reasons why we can't play online poker on most US states.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

very thinking quiet gamer, hard to decipher , best player!!!

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i was a big fan of him in the past until the thing with FT happened

and to be honest i actually somewhat think he might be innocent in all that . he always seemed like a good person to me

magister1

magister1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't say I am a fan after the Full Tilt fiasco. When he came back to the scene he didn't make it any better either. He put out that weird video which he then deleted since it was some sort of strange half-apology.

I know some pros have said Ferguson gets more blame than he deserves, but going off what is publicly available he and Howard Lederer have the most to answer for.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
An extremely intelligent person! A great poker player!
One of the older pros, popular during the days of 'the poker boom' and one of the few from then who is still VERY competitive in today's game.

Even with Ferguson's absence from the wsop for a number of years (after Black Friday), he put on a great performance at WSOP 2016 series placing 11th in the Leaderboard.

WSOP 2017 Leaderboard - he took 1st!!!
WSOP 2018 Leaderboard - 14th
WSOP 2019 Leaderboard - 8th

fwiw jaymfc on CC 'IS' Chris Ferguson!

And... the $1 tournament on Fulltilt named 'The Ferguson' was the very first poker game/tournament of any kind I played online (in 2007) and I placed 2nd. (Chris would've placed 1st had he played that evening)

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If he paid back all the people he scammed, he might be a decent person?
I think people need to look at the reality of what happened instead of arm chair quarterback statements based on opinion. The dude took advantage of people and walked away with millions of poker players dollars through a 'Ponzi' scheme...if you cannot be honest on a forum, there is zero hope for humanity lol

We all look at the people at FT as sort of "what not to let happen again" but as you can see, the damage was so bad, it has taken well over 10 years to try and make a comeback through some kind of regulation of online poker, and even now, it is barely happening.

He is a criminal that somehow got away with robbing millions from honest people.
They all were criminals at FT. He is just one of many.

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
An extremely intelligent person! A great poker player!
One of the older pros, popular during the days of 'the poker boom' and one of the few from then who is still VERY competitive in today's game.

Even with Ferguson's absence from the WSOP for a number of years (after Black Friday), he put on a great performance at WSOP 2016 series placing 11th in the Leaderboard.

WSOP 2017 Leaderboard - he took 1st!!!
WSOP 2018 Leaderboard - 14th
WSOP 2019 Leaderboard - 8th

fwiw jaymfc on CC 'IS' Chris Ferguson!

And... the $1 tournament on Fulltilt named 'The Ferguson' was the very first poker game/tournament of any kind I played online (in 2007) and I placed 2nd. (Chris would've placed 1st had he played that evening)

My biggest problem with him is he walks around trying to look like Jay:D

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freaking thief, should be banned from playing any WSOP or WPT Tournaments!!! Same thing for Howard Lederer....

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

and to be honest i actually somewhat think he might be innocent in all that . he always seemed like a good person to me
Most people are good until their greed gets in the way, for some it is never enough!:D:D

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
He is a scammer and a poker player. That's all I think.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And what to think about him. This is one of the strongest players, and as far as I know he has been in poker for a very long time. For work and reward.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think he is a professional player, with an original style of play and good potential. But my favorite players are Jason Mercier, Daniel Negreanu, Phil Ivey.

M

MimiMLZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chris Ferg

I think he is a good man too. He is passionated about the game and he really has done so much for poker. Now we don't know if he is really that good person we thought of him to be.