Things you do/eat/drink while playing poker.

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I make sure I have a healthy meal before I play, usually something like a chicken salad. During play, I drink water. During breaks, I'll eat a granola bar or some nuts. I have occasionally had a single beer or glass of wine if I'm a little jittery because it calms my nerves. I haven't done that recently, though.

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A nice cup of tea, that's what i like.:)

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well friend, as long as there are people like you who drink and smoke when playing poker we will be rich. I personally consider poker as a high performance sport, and for that reason it needs a good physical preparation, good quality food and a lot of water . Even the composition of the foods you eat in the intervals can change your insulin spikes and affect your concentration in the game, and as we know a hand-held hand can already take you out of the tournament

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to start with coffee, move to diet soda, then to green tea, then to water.

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like almost everything already answered above by colleagues, especially I think it risky to play and drink alcoholic beverages, after all, you can get excited and do something to regret later!

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What prevents poker?

I personally can listen to music during poker, mostly dynamic dance and rhythmic. For example, Dr. Alban and 2unlimited. But it also happens that I eat while playing or drink coffee, tea. Sometimes I even watch something at the same time on a laptop - some interesting useful program or movie. I do not mind talking to the phone with friends, if someone calls at such a game moment. I absolutely do not interfere with doing something and playing poker. It happens very rarely when we have very strong hands in a row and we have to accept the right and an important decision .in which can affect or interfere with the distracting action. with me this does not happen, because all my actions are already happening automatically.

The only thing that can prevent my keen game is an unexpected Internet shutdown or a network break)))):ciao::ciao::ciao:

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually watch TV. I like watching football and tennis matches

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Immerse yourself in the game and try to distract absolutely nothing

sedlacekj

sedlacekj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I eat Beemster cheese, Peppered Salami, or salted nuts, while sipping my latte. This keeps me occupied and gives my fingers something to do if I am nervous after a bluff. Lol.

SprMnd

SprMnd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
During the game, the maximum that I can do it is to drink a coffee or tea, which I make during the break. If you try to eat something during the game - you will inevitably be distracting. Then you will often make the wrong decisions, which in tournaments can decide the whole outcome.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes on weekends I let myself drink a couple of Beers at a poker game, but only on weekends.

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it is distracting to play poker while driving. All that honking...

M

misiomick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It often happens that MTT's keep me busy for long hours. Then it's necessary to have some snacks and drinks or even a proper meal while playing. This can be a bit distracting sometimes when I try to warm up the meal and pay attention to poker table(s) at the same time, but I usually find a way to hanle it :) When playing late at night I like to have some fizzy drink to stay awake and make sure I don't nap while playing ;-)

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
As i play only online I prefer not to eat/drink or other things
I prefer to focus on the game (and i usually play one at a time)
Respect for all others who do things
Rgds

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know you're never supposed to, but I LOVE playing while drinking. It just amplifies the enjoyment of the game and, for me anyway, helps kill off any tilting episodes I would normally have.

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't eat anything in particular, last thing I remember eating while playing poker was strawberry yoghurt.

I do listen to ALL types of music to calm me down and be in a pleasent mood too, in case of losing.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey everyone. I was wondering what your favorite things to do, eat or drink while playing poker. I have a bad habit but love to have a smoke while playing. I'll even take the laptop outside and sit while I play so I can smoke. I don't like to play while I'm buzzed or drunk but I like to have just 1 or 2 beers as well. If you listen to music while playing let us know what you are listening to. Good luck out there everyone keep building those bankrolls.
hi hi Honeybuns
i usually have weed... sativa type that helps focus and makes me more alert.. i eat gummies so i know how much and when, and i never stoned
when grinds went on really late, i would open a bottle red wine and sip a glass or two but if i stay in tournie bottle be empty and that no good so i quit drinking alcohol
what i do have that is kewl, is a sodastream machine and i make fizzy water drinks all natural very quick... plus i like organic tea and have a handy machine makes a cup that quick
for music i have a Amazon Echo (Alexa) and play different playlists depends on mood

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Music is something that always helps when playing Poker its rhythmic and help me a tune to the game...

You Cant Answer this Thread With out Mentioning CardsChat, I do surf CardsChat while playing MTT grinders..

I Also Catch Up on Twitter, Facebook and have even Watched Movies and Twitch Streamers while playing MTT's

I Eat, Drink and even tick the away box while using the toilet quickly.

Over thinking can be as bad or detrimental to your game as not paying enough attention...

9_dot_puzzle.GIF

Join all Nine Dots With Four Lines... Think Outside The Box...

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I play poker I don’t do anything else so as not to be distracted from the game.

N

Neuron

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Always eat smth, drink and listening music. Sometimes watching YouTube.

J

jekan85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can drink coffee or tea, well, or one two glasses of beer

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Most of the times I drink water and coffee, chocolate... No alcohol, in a serious poker.

Pudiel

Pudiel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Basically I just eat the same thing that i eat while i'm playing video games, so basically, snacks pizzas, junk food in general, and generally smoking a shisha session...

ganbat

ganbat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Up until recently, i drank liters of sodas. Now dental clinic is my second home.