ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Are there times in poker when nothing goes right?

Your cards don't hit on the flop, opponents raise in every hand making a bluff impossible, you seem to try hard but nothing happens, finally when you hit a pair of Aces on the flop and your stack is already low, due to no cards coming you are eliminated in the only play you can make for marginal hands.

In other words, you weren't able to take any action, all the circumstances compromised your game, making even bluffs impossible.

Has this ever happened to you, do you believe in bad phases in poker?

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You have good phases and bad phases, in reality you end up finding opponents in your good phases or better phase than yours, what can I say, I play 10 to 15 tournaments a day, most of them I end up not having a good performance, but I always end up scoring in two sometimes 3 tournaments, you can't draw a conclusion by playing only one tournament, I wish you success and good luck, keep on persisting

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, everyone has good and bad moments in poker, you just need to know that you will always show the best results at the distances if you play well, we remember the bad moments more than the good ones and you have to play a lot of tournaments a day to understand how good you are playing

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Oh yes, those things do happen. You'll go many sessions where you just aren't dealt decent hands or miss all the flops or run into bad positioning where you can't even make an effort with the marginal cards you are dealt. It's easy to remember those times and forget all the times when you just run good all over.
That's why knowing when to take a session break and sticking to good bankroll management is key. Downswings happen and sometimes it's not because of your play. Just keep going, push past it and the upswings and hands will find you again. It's a long term game.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
Of course there are bad streaks in poker, without a doubt, I have learned to take breaks for a few days and even weeks... that helps me eliminate frustration and return to the tables with confidence.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
These phases are frequent, you can't have a game that goes well every time

laihuynh

laihuynh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
There are bad periods such as holding QQ, KK and flop to K, A but still try to follow it even if you lose.

M

MF.Brn

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
There are bad phases in everything in life, and in poker it's the same, the important thing is not to give up and find a way out of that phase.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

Your cards don't hit on the flop, opponents raise in every hand making a bluff impossible, you seem to try hard but nothing happens, finally when you hit a pair of Aces on the flop and your stack is already low, due to no cards coming you are eliminated in the only play you can make for marginal hands.

In other words, you weren't able to take any action, all the circumstances compromised your game, making even bluffs impossible.

It's not phases, it's pokerstars creating the bingo poker environment. Given the hyper-turbo blinds changes in all freerolls. Therefore, what bluff are you writing about now? In these tournaments, either a good card comes in and you win and wait for the next good card, or you fall out with a bad card or get destroyed by the blinds. :ROFLMAO:

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes and i am in right now.....i'm not playing well just because i try everything to win hand.....so i dont play much and when my luck will be back i will play like before..........i have just to be patience.....

EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Yes, there are such moments and they can last a long time, especially in MTT tournaments. I'm having a moment right now, I've only won a few dollars in the last few weeks.

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes i am going threw one now since the start of league on replay cant get a break have loss with pocket AA three times pocket KK 5 times dosent matter how i play them the river beats me every time. The river has been bad all season so far it will change.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
There are bad phases in everything in life, and in poker it's the same, the important thing is not to give up and find a way out of that phase.
I agree, and changing the poker room or simply pausing the game helps in such situations.

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
We all have bad days in our lives. It's the same in poker, there are days like that and it can last quite a while. For me, such periods cause anger and disappointment, and I have already convinced myself from my own experience that on such days it is better to just take a break.

R

Rmi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I don't know what kind of phases you are referring to, if there are any, but I don't know where your question is pointing.

Fumogrosso

Fumogrosso

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

Yes, for sure. Especially when some ZenonBR rips you out of 2 tourneyments back to back at Cardschat!!!
Your name is on my list hahahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sim com certeza. Principalmente quando algum ZenonBR tira você de 2 torneios consecutivos no Cardschat!!!
Seu nome está na minha lista hahahaha
Sim, com certeza. especialmente quando um tal de ZenonBR te tira de 2 torneios seguidos do cardschat!!!
eu coloquei seu nome na minha lista hahahah
Haha, sorry, I didn't do that on purpose.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes. They are called downswings. Review your hands to determine if it's bad luck or bad play.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

Everyone has one of those Days/Weeks where nothing seems to go the way you want, The Important thing is to Learn from those games and try harder next time, I used to set a limit of 10 buy-ins every day and try and finish with more money in my Bankroll than I started with. Most days I might improve with a few Cents added other times maybe a Couple of Dollars.
But there were days where I lost money, Don't be disappointed when this happens because it is all knowledge you have gained, and as long as you don't play stupid chasing your losses, Sticking Religiously to a strict Bankroll Strategy can improve your game play and make you a profit over Time.
I know I have, because over a year I actually make some money. Not a lot, but enough to keep me playing for Free!

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, yes, there are good phases and there are bad phases. There are not only good or bad, they change one after the other. It is difficult to say what it depends on, but I think it does not depend on us. It's simple for me, when I see that I'm having a bad phase, I just play less, play only in freerolls, or just take a break. If I see that I have a good phase, I play more, play in more expensive tournaments, but always following bankroll management.

P

ppartizan2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ofcourse theres bad phases, just like everything in life. You have to just simply play through them, and overcome them in a way. Discipline and integritty and tenacity are the most important things in poker. Theres going to be days even weeks where you just cant get anything right, but that will all pass.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips

Look, to understand the phases of poker I think you must become a daily cash player.
You will have days when you will get tired of seeing flops and you will not catch anything.
Other days every card that comes to you and you open connects or gives you good hands.
That's the variance and you have to get used to it.
I also play between 3 and 4 tournaments a day.
For example yesterday, in the first two, I didn't connect anything at all. I spent the entire tournament folding, not even semi-bluffs came my way.
In the 3rd tournament I entered the ITM, scratching the spot.
And in the last one I played I finished in 18th place with a good number of bounty knock outs and a remuneration 4 times higher than the ITM final place.
It's like this brother, to play poker regularly, you must get used to it until AA is not an absolutely winning hand and that 72o is not an absolutely losing hand either.
The famous TILT comes from precisely this. You think, how can it be that with AA he beats me with 44, and well it is like that, within the possibilities the rival can beat you.
Greetings:):):)

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had a bad streak for 2 weeks, the cards were garbage, straight and flush were not closed. I barely survived...

romerim

romerim

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no escape, you are in a bad phase, and you are doing what has to be done, both in grind and in studies, one day this bad phase will disappear.