Is there a strange hand you LOVE to play?

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
i don't like strange hands because it is a losing hand but my favorite hand is JTs

you will always hit something on the board

and always getting paid if you hit it on the river like for example AKxxT boom got paid by AA or KK or AK

P

pablo2020

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes K-9, is my favorite combination

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, we'll all play aggressively when we peek at AA, KK or AKs. However, at least in my case, there are some hands that hold an unexplainable attraction. I, for one, have a really hard time folding QTs, especially when it comes in spades. Do you have a hand you like to play often, even if you know it's not the correct play?
I like to play J6 from a late position or from the blinds-:rolleyes:

A

Airles17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand you kk
I hardly ever drop 10 and 9 suited or 89 suited.

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love being dealt the JJ. many people fear this hand, I personally love it. After all, it doesnt get much better than that. In a cash game, I will usually raise 3x the blind if no one has raised before me. Than if the flop hits with no queens, kings, or Aces, I am putting in a pretty good bet at this point.;

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play pocket 9s, and for some reason im mostly never loose with 9K suited haha. See you at the table guys;)

dmt_god

dmt_god

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obivously, I love playing 10 6 suited/off-suited, I can't really tell why, but this hand has a very wide range and often pairs a board. Also, there are not any straights in the game without these cards.

MMaki1981

MMaki1981

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a few hands I like to play no matter what but I can't share them all...however I will say that anything with K, suited or not is one of them;). It seems to almost always pay for me that I just can't risk NOT playing it!

H

hanski4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love to play 4 8 suited because i have won some monster pots holding thoose cards

Pepitcho23

Pepitcho23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love to play with 910suited.
In live poker, its my luckiest hand...
I all ready win big potswith that hand and im ready to win again...lol

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to always play J5 after I defended my BB at a final table after a raise and a call and Flopped J55 I bust two players as one held AA and the other AJ. I still play it occasionally but usually only if defending my blind or checking my option

Panda1010

Panda1010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Strange Hand

My strange hand that I love to play is literally anything with 10. I love love playing hands with 10.

L

LSTBrand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me it's Q4. Sometimes make nice aktion
Often played and win big stacks, sometimes
throw away and getting angry... now allways
see the flop and then take a look what happen

owler

owler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love to play on ranges that is why I can not define a specific hand however whenever my cbets wins that would be my beloved hand :D:D.
Note: you can guess my range it is free;);)

Last edited:
Dimission

Dimission

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me it's Q4. Sometimes make nice aktion
Often played and win big stacks, sometimes
throw away and getting angry... now allways
see the flop and then take a look what happen

For me it is also the combination Q 4 :). I have won a lot of money with this combination once in the past and have been playing this hand ever since.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One-size connectors are my weakness :)

Fenix7

Fenix7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is a matter of taste. for me they are not playable hands. An Axs your suit to link a flush draw, but occasionally and it depends on position.

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OF COURSE IF I LOVE TO PLAY, THE COUPLE OF KINGS ARE THE BEST BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT AS FRAGILE AS THE AA BECAUSE A LADDER CAN BE FORMED A COLOR WITH ALL THE PROBABILITIES ABOVE AS BELOW

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Have you noticed a popular word in this thread - "SEEMS". How many posters have said something like, "My favourite hand is Xx Xx, because it SEEMS like I win with this hand a lot."
It takes a lot of work, but if everyone who has posted these "SEEMS" messages were to review their hands and COUNT the win percentage of their favourite hands, I wonder if things would still seem so lucky.
My oddball hand is 5x 2x - suited or offsuit. I play it only on occasion. Why? One afternoon, in a live session, I was being dealt that hand so often it became absolutely ridiculous. I even began turning them over to show the dealers what they were doing to me. (Not blaming them.)

B

BatOneHat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Small Suited Connectors

i tend to over play small suited connectors. 34, 45, 56, etc. I don’t know why, I don’t typically win.

PedroH182

PedroH182

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
K9s or off is a hand that specially gets me hahaah

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
J7o, when it's my day..

Against all logic, J7o, works for me. But logic also says, "J7o is probably gonna lose, so make sure no all-ins; it's not the hero hand to bet."

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands