Is there a strange hand you LOVE to play?

M

marcoslopezbl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, we'll all play aggressively when we peek at AA, KK or AKs. However, at least in my case, there are some hands that hold an unexplainable attraction. I, for one, have a really hard time folding QTs, especially when it comes in spades. Do you have a hand you like to play often, even if you know it's not the correct play?

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When my son was 12, I let him play on Full Tilt in those 360 player tournaments, where the top 2 won tickets to a $1000 tournament. For some unknown reason, he raised with 5,3 os, and the hand won. After that, he aggressively played 5, 3, and won almost all of them. He ended up winning a ticket. As crazy as it is to play that combo, I sometimes bet 5, 3 os aggressively too...I have not been as successful as my son, but, if you don't lose too much and have to show that hand, it may set you up for aggressive play later with a monster hand, which might get some callers that are expecting 5, 3 os.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I went through an extended period of loving 66.

I used to practice daily on line with the same friendly people - a really nice atmosphere- and I hit sets so often with 66 it became a joke- the devils hand. Anytime I was in a pot with a 6 on board someone would pipe up 'look out, devils!'

I played a pair of sixes today in the late stage of a tourney. Did not make a set but they held so I guess I still have some affection for 66.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I love 10 10. I am convinced that I can not lose on this bigger hand than when I have KK!

D

DenGybka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, I have quite a few strange hands with which I win in most cases. Well, for example, K10 or K9. Recently won an all-in at K3 and it was fun.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
My favorite hand is undoubtedly TJs. I play it from any position, even more if nobody has increased the bet

P

pokerdebit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Favorite hand is AA
Easy all in
No second thoughts
But it hurts when I looses with them

P

pablo lima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes

I like to play with 4 and 6 because cards of lesser value have a lot more relevant hitting strokes

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a transcendent attraction (even a mystical one, I would say) to the hand of TEN VALETA! I can’t throw it off under any circumstances! There’s some kind of illness.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes i like to play 48 just by superstition. these are two figures that have always brought me money on other games.

M

marcoslopezbl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a transcendent attraction (even a mystical one, I would say) to the hand of TEN VALETA! I can’t throw it off under any circumstances! There’s some kind of illness.

At the risk of proving how stupid I am... What hand is TEN VALETA?

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like a lot of strange hands. And my favorite thing is to bluff with them in big pots. And when I pull it off its showtime to tick off the others...ha

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very tempting is hands A with a kicker below 10.

M

marcoslopezbl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play with 4 and 6 because cards of lesser value have a lot more relevant hitting strokes

Oh, I'll take shots with 45s, 56s and even 46s every now and then. Especially early in cheap tournaments where you have lots of limpers but very few preflop aggressors.

F

freeisfun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't have any strange hands I like to play. Just love playing any hand that is the winner on the river haha.

Mycetism

Mycetism

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have surprising landed monster hand with all kind of 7 combination. Almost always go all-in with a pocket 7, and those four of a kind 7777 keeps rolling!

A

Alberto Martinez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, we'll all play aggressively when we peek at AA, KK or AKs. However, at least in my case, there are some hands that hold an unexplainable attraction. I, for one, have a really hard time folding QTs, especially when it comes in spades. Do you have a hand you like to play often, even if you know it's not the correct play?
MarcosLopezbl, I hear you, loud and clear! My deal is that I believe strongly in building my stack before the Blinds become overwhelming. With that on the table, many times I am caught fighting to keep from being bait to the Blind, not to mention the opponents, so I may get a hand like 3-8 unsuited and I shoved. 5 callers and I boasted. GOD bless you all.

J

Julez97

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd probably go with T9s. You can make some very nutted hands, and it can be a pretty good bluff-raising hand that players might not recognize on certain board textures, so players might call you light when you have a hand like 2 pair. Also, its not that hard to play post-flop. You can chase your draws for the implied odds, or easily get away on boards like A52 if you were not the pre-flop aggressor.

T

tata777rus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know a hand that I do not like. Two ladies. I always lose with them. Because I'm a lady myself.:ciao::D

M

marcoslopezbl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know a hand that I do not like. Two ladies. I always lose with them. Because I'm a lady myself.:ciao::D

Funny you should mention that! I got kicked out of the last 2 tournaments I played with QQ. :p

T

tata777rus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today I lost with two aces, a set of twos was against me. I'm probably unlucky.:(:ciao::D

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands