PupsikCat

PupsikCat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
It has already happened to me several times that I sit for a couple of hours in a tournament and take a break from the tournament for a minute, and it is at this moment that the cherished AAs come and they turn out to be reset, it just happened more than once or twice. Wanted to know just me?)

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Just leave a minute early before the break and then come back and don't touch anything, like you are still away. Guaranteed aces. No guarantee that they won't get cracked.

RonanPERNA

RonanPERNA

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Not only with you PupsikCat, it has happened to me several times. It's amazing how AA always appears when I have to answer the bell, go to the bathroom or have to leave the front of the computer quickly.

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It has already happened to me several times that I sit for a couple of hours in a tournament and take a break from the tournament for a minute, and it is at this moment that the cherished AAs come and they turn out to be reset, it just happened more than once or twice. Wanted to know just me?)
I've had it lately too. It's frustrating because I rarely get a pair in my hand and when you don't you see you missed a pair of aces 😐

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah definitely more than once here. And I have also had a few times where I was so pressed for time that I didnt have time to move mouse to make a proper raise and had to call just because mouse cursor was on call. I know at least once the players thought I was an awful player because I flat called with aces with a few limpers ahead of me. It just goes to show that you never know what might be going on in online tourneys. Quite often there is extenuating circumstances that gives reason to the madness.

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You need to look on the other hand, maybe fate and luck helps to go further in the tournament than to fly out with AA in your hands.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
According to the theory of probability, this is possible. It happens to everyone!

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, this happens of course but not always but rare and you think damn it as always I leave and I have a strong hand and you ask your brain that you have this all the time and this happens in 10% so just forget and that's it or when to leave the phone and go with it so that this situation does not happen again and you don't lose your AA I do switch to the phone so often

A

Ace of Spad3s

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
NL
Chips
It happens, sure. But it happens rarely. How many junk hands are you dealt in these situations? People tend to not remember those, only the AA or KK hands. Fact is, they are dealt every 221 hands, also while sitting out. Maning you also get 220 other hands while sitting out.

c.heck

c.heck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
NO
Chips
Take your computer with you to the toilet so you don't have to take a break from the tournament.
Problem solved. :cool:

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
This is the nature of poker, it happened to me more than once, it happens when I go out for food or I want to sleep.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
This thing happens to me also sometimes I try to get back to play before the break is over.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes it's happen. Of course i had this situation as well. I can say the poker gods are a little bit mischievous.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Murphy's Law or Law of the Sod... :)

The answer is to not miss any hands. :D

Try to take your breaks on the hourly five minute break and do your best to be present for each hand of play.

Another good technique is to have a mobile device (with the poker client installed on it) to hand alongside the computer, then if you have to step up, leave the room or go for a little fly out the window on your jetpack then you can transfer the session onto your mobile device and avoid missing any hands that way.

If you consciously decide during play 'Oh I'm going to go make a delicious loosey-goosey sandwich in the kitchen, I'll only miss maybe four or five hands' or to take a break for any other reason, then this is your choice. You have choosen to miss hands and if you get dealt AA, KK or AhKh and the flop was QhJhTh then that is what you decided to do.

Geese and melted cheese encased sloppily in cooked flour can be difficult to resist, as can calls of nature, in your defence.

It's definitely one of those things though, anything you leave yourself open to will probably happen to you eventually... o_O

N

NotADonk

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is not just you. I have also timed out with AA. Only happened to me once though.

M

mrfastflow

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerrooms are rigged
but reality is rigged too

Last edited:

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, this happens to everyone and not only in poker, so you wait for something, you get distracted for a second and miss what you were waiting for, this is such a "law of meanness".

jose_saleh

jose_saleh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
yes, that happens, but that doesnt mean it's more often on big hands,just we don't care about the low ones, so we doon't even count them.

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Or your wifi is fine for hours and then when you get AAs you get connexion issues

Antonioadv

Antonioadv

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's not just you, this happens to me too, sometimes when I go to the bathroom are the moments when the best hands appear and I zero all of them hahahaha!!

Dmitriy_rus7

Dmitriy_rus7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
When do you have time to take a break if you go all in every hand? 🤣🤣🤣

Captainine9

Captainine9

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Usually I transfer to my phone while I get up to do something that is gonna take more than five minutes. But, when I sit out for a bit, I tend to look the hands that I've missed.
Most times, it makes me relaxed to see that I only missed crappy hands, but sometimes there is those beautiful premium hands in between the others, which makes me regret looking it. Sometimes we need to remember that "the heart cannot feel what the eyes do not see".

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the bright side is sometimes when you play the hand back you see that you would have been sucked out on and lost your whole stack.
everything has a silver lining you just got to look for it :love: