Tell us about your methods of analyzing your own games. How do you analyze your hands to identify mistakes and improve your decisions?

OnasOO

OnasOO

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Analyzing your own games is an important step in improving your poker skills. Here are a few methods for how I dissect my hands and analyze my gameplay:

1. Hand Recording: Keep records of every hand played. This may include information about your hand, position at the table, bets, opponent actions, and the hand's outcome.
  2. Utilizing Poker Software: Many poker programs allow you to export and analyze your game history. You can review the hands you've played, explore which decisions were correct, and identify errors.
  3. Reviewing Key Hands: After your session, select a few key hands where you feel you could have played better. Scrutinize them closely, analyze your decisions, and consider alternative options.
  4. Discussion with Peers: If you have poker-playing friends or partners, discuss your game with them. They can provide a fresh perspective and valuable advice.
  5. Poker Coaching: Study video lessons and work with poker coaches. They can help you identify weaknesses and improve your strategy.
  6. Past Game Review: Periodically revisit your old records and hands. With more experience, you may notice mistakes you made in the past.
  7. Participation in Poker Forums: Post hands that you have questions about on poker forums. Get feedback and advice from other players.
In addition to identifying mistakes, it's essential to analyze your successful hands as well. Learn what worked in your favor and why.

Analyzing hands helps you enhance your game, make more informed decisions, and grow as a poker player.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First of all, in Hold'em Manager I analyze all the hands where I lost a lot....

W

watermark

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I use a free program to analyze it, here in the forum there are also very good high-level players who analyze excellently, the GTO theory that I am reading and studying helps me a lot in my analysis.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow, you seem like a very dedicated poker player. I did have a HUD but never used it. My husband, like yourself does pretty much everything you do as well. For myself, I just play poker and do the best I can:).

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Top 10 Games Poker Tells