Taking a break from poker.

HathelFoster

HathelFoster

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hello
yes definitely when i really get tired of playing and i need to rest at this break i drink a cigarette sometimes and have a hot coffee quickly relax a bit and then start playing again:elefant::elefant:

For me, those are a must while I'm playing! haha

To answer the original posters question, they are for sure necessary. My breaks are usually a couple days, everybody gets fatigue and thats when you start losing.

T

TheChosenDragon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Taking a break always pays off.
If you are playing for too long and day by day dealing with bad beats, you start to play differently and most of the time that's a more bad play than your normal play.
So you get even more beats, more frustration and there you go downwards a negative spiral.
Only way to get out is taking a break or a good alternative is staying away from the paying games and only play freerolls as you then have no money to lose and when you get beating, you at least didn't lose money and you won't get frustration.

At least, that's how I look to it. :)

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's like anything else:

There are many reason why taking a break would be good:

1. You can overload on it, and have it consume your life.

2.. You can go on a bad streak, and taking a break, instead of trying to recover your losses, could be your best remedy.

3. If you're playing as a pro/semi-pro, you should treat it like a job, and give yourself a vacation.

4. Save your marriage.

5. + any other reasons that are particular to you.

MauroMMMM

MauroMMMM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One must rest if one wants to have any chance of moving forward. Distract yourself for a while with something else, go for a walk. You can't have the concentration you need without the breaks your mind needs ... Especially in those long and slow tournaments ...:cool::cool:

007Leon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that is always, necesary, you could make your head blow if you dont take a break

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Breaks are for weak, real men play till they lost everything at one session

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Vacation is necessary everywhere. And if the vacation is also paid for - in General, great!