Taking a break from poker.

jhon24

jhon24

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends what type of player you are, but in any activitys you have, a brake is needed cause you need to charge baterys so youll overcome any hard moments that will appear.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are not full time player then its totally okay, everyone need a break.

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
everyone sometimes has to take a break and recharge their batteries and think about what they really want to do,
in the case of poker it is normal to happen :)

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If you are in a downswing , you face many tilt problems recently , you are tired , or you have some other problems that affect your poker performance , then taking a break is not bad , quite the opposite , it's essential I would say in order to come back stronger , with your batteries recharched , full of energy , without tilt , and also with improved gameplay :)

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, definitely I need a little rest, a few poker-free weeks would be good. The problem is, I can't resist CardsChat freerolls :D Thanks CardsChat! :D

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing every day (regardless of whether the whole day or only in the evenings), a person easily gets tired mentally and physically. And even if it is good to sleep and eat, the brain still gets tired and he needed rest. When you play a lot, all thoughts are busy with the game, for a day the human experiences a lot of emotions. It's stress for the whole body. I believe that it is necessary to take a break in a few days at least once in 2-3 weeks, completely forgetting about poker.

L

lontrus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This one comes down to experience and training your endurance.
I have no problem sitting at a table 7 days a week and sleeping on the couch, I just need a good reason to do it.
I mean, I've walked for weeks at a time so this would be easier.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the number of badbeats has violated your mindset and you have stopped playing your A-game, then it's time for a break from playing poker.

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends if this break will give you a new perspective of things. Sometimes we feel we need to take a break from things because it gets uncomfortable although we have a solid concept and play correct but get nothing after numerous buy ins, then a break is not necessary.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if I lose several times in a row, I take a break from poker.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is supposed to be fun, so if you ever find that you’re no longer enjoying it, then a little break can reignite that passion.

Alternatively, if you find that your frustration stems from a downswing, then that can be great motivation to study extensively while taking a break from actual playing. That way you’ll be even better when you do head back to the tables! :)

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Every sport or competition takes place for a set amount of time then they take a break for a specific period of time then it's starts again and poker is no different. The difference with poker is that you choose when your down time is and when you start again, do this to your advantage.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometimes, rest is just necessary. I always play much better if I rested for a few days before. After a good rest, I am more focused and have enough patience to achieve a good result. Therefore, I highly recommend that you rest regularly.

M

martinf1971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes i think a break is needed so you can get back to your best game. Poker is a mental game so you need to be at your best. If you have been playing against poor players who have been hitting lucky and fulltilting you it really affects your game.

fickleberry

fickleberry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If have a regular schedule, like playing only 5 days a week for 8 hours per day, then you can go a long time without a break.

If you play every day for 14 hours, then you need to allow yourself a break from time to time and you will burn out.

CptRunBad

CptRunBad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea. I think it is important to let your mind focus on non poker related things from time to time.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Of course. I always take a break if I'm bored of playing, or if I'm tired. The game should be fun. If there is no pleasure, then it is better to do some other things.

firstcrack

firstcrack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It worked for Dario Sammartino, runner-up at the Main Event of the wsop this year. It was well documented during the coverage that he had taken significant time off from poker prior to his outstanding run during this year's Main Event.

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
taking a break is the best way to recharge
I didn't play at all for almost 8 years

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Taking time away from poker helps me. I'll take a break every now and then to recharge. When I start up again it feels like poker is brand new to me.

K

Kadgaron

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to avoid stress and down streak, you need to take a short break, spend time with another hobby, stay with family and loved ones. This helps to freshen up and keep the bankroll.

steveeeee

steveeeee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
playing online a person gets stuck inside and puts to much into playing this game now this is my view and probably people aint gonna like it but there is more to life than poker, go outside and get some sun good for the soul