Table chat?

M

matshark

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never chat in the chat box, its just a distraction.

_FISHFEET81_

_FISHFEET81_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never chat, if you wanna chat come to carschat.com. So many people want to have random conversations. But why? im clearly here to play poker. I have friends on facebook if I want to talk lol

italiano

italiano

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a post very similar to this! As answered in the other thread I chat depending on the tournament, if necessary long because I'm bored! if it is a mtt no! It is sometimes interesting to chat with people from other countries as you have your life and your habits! But chat on the poker table ever as you take information you can play against!

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whats even worse than chatting at the table(unless its the cc tourney where we know each other and its fun), is giving playing advice to someone who made a mistake or plays badly. Thats the ultimate sign that the guy giving the advice is the biggest morron you have ever seen. He's trying to give tips to the fish so that he stops making mistakes. Im speechless whenever that happens.

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you talk at the table, even if it is just a NH and a TY etc?
I have noticed over the years this has become almost non existent. I don't mind having a chat occasionally, learning about different parts of the world etc. or sometimes a bit of "Helmouthing" to get them where I want them...Nothing like taking on a keyboard warrior with wits.

A lot of the games I play, not only are people chatting, they are having entertaining kick-ass, drag-down fights

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a chatterbox in the CC tourneys. :p I'm playing for fun almost as much as money (I mean, I've invested nothing -- I still play my A-game but what's wrong with messing around with people? :D), so sometimes I'll show, or comment on someone's play after the fact.

I also make it a point to win exactly ONE hand in every CC freeroll with 73o.

Fishpicker13

Fishpicker13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have had some pleasant chats over the years but mostly I find vitriol. Almost never at live tables do folks that drop a hand attack the winner's IQ, mother, or play. It is, after all, any 2 cards. The web is different. So many 'puter users are emboldened to display all manner of poor behaviors that I am regularly disappointed in these classless players. When I or another player knocks them out the table almost always reacts positively, so that is an additional benefit to the stack. Rather have a quiet table than a couple of ANGRY people attacking one another. :9d4:

P

profviru

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends what type of players are at the table. If I can relate to them, sure, I start up a conversation. If they are with their shades on and fully stacked up and mind all on poker, then I probably won't start up a conversation with them.

mamutmamut

mamutmamut

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don´t chat when I´m playing. It just distracting me, haha. :D

1bollywood1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dont usually use it on big field mtt .
just use it on small field on communauty mtt and meet the same players but not so much to still be aware of the game.

Jostone6

Jostone6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely talk in chat, I prefer to concentrate on the tables, but I believe the chat helps give other players on tilt

A

Alaska_back

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you are in the mood why not talk a little

T

Taszzman41

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Table Chat

Table Chat is ok ...just as long as it is friendly all the rude and mean comments should not be allowed !!!!!!!:cool:

Fishpicker13

Fishpicker13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Table Chat is ok ...just as long as it is friendly all the rude and mean comments should not be allowed !!!!!!!:cool:
Right man, that's what I'm talking about. It would be awesome if abusive players were refused usage for a month after being warned. That would get their attention

loafes

loafes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right man, that's what I'm talking about. It would be awesome if abusive players were refused usage for a month after being warned. That would get their attention

Are you kidding me, most of those abusive players are fish. You think the sites should prevent the fish from playing and also reducing the sites rake. Sounds like nobody wins

INGAJ

INGAJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When i play for fun, i like chatting. But when im really concentrated so i dont chat cuz he distracts me

J

Jeschant

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree...if I see a donk or fish get lucky I always tell em nice play..then I stay away from.them for a few hands just to make them think I am scared of their skills...win win

iDONK

Someone did that to me the other day when my pocket 6s beat their pocket aces. Said, VNH!

Haha. I think I made that person very unhappy when I innocently said, "Sorry, thought you were stealing my blinds again!"

Player claimed to never steal blinds. Riiight. Was doing it every hand in late position even though it was early in the tourney.

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i only talk if its about everything but poker like sports betting ,fantasy ,nothing about poker if im on a roll i wouldn't talk at all need to keep my mind focused

RajDev1979

RajDev1979

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
now a days nobody like table chat, all concentrating on thr games

M

Magneto

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
often one reads anyway things like donk or fish, so I turned it off

_FISHFEET81_

_FISHFEET81_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never chat about poker, I don't even say hi anymore. I used to get so tilted from little smiley faces and calling stations donks fishes from the chat, I couldn't deal with it anymore. No more chat box for me

J

jcdagenius

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I reply when told nh and that's about it....every now and then I get a good table and we will talk but never about poker strategy....I rarely talk at tables.....tilt sometimes causes a blow up in chat lol

Akorps

Akorps

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually I leave chat off, unless I know the other players :)

X

xCipx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
chatting is fine but when it starts to get out of control back and forth and people taking time in there turn to talk i hate it

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always have chat open.
Other people talking is just more information for me.

Whether or not I talk depends on my mood.

A lot of time I won't pay attention to the chat window but if something interesting happens I'll look and see if people were talking during the hand, or what they said after.