Swearing in languages other than English

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i love seeing players on tilt or being extra salty in chat. keeps the game spicy hahha. also i love learning new words

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i love seeing players on tilt or being extra salty in chat. keeps the game spicy hahha. also i love learning new words

This ^.....thanks to pokerstars it's now in about 15 languages I understand the nasty words other players are yelling at me :D

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not every word written in the chat in foreign language is abusive. I have seen people discussing the game quite normally sometimes especially when half of the table or more is from people speaking same native language. I would prefer everybody to write in english and to be polite but that can not happen in the real world. If somebody is abusing you the best way to deal with that is just to ignore it. Remember that becoming angry mean to punish yourself for other people mistakes.

belka2203

belka2203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not know English and I do not understand what the players say, and therefore I do not pay attention to the conversations at the table. Even when they address me, I do not answer, that would not be distracted from the game.

bbennie1

bbennie1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you're playing poker or not playing poker, you're always going to be exposed to other people who do things you don't like. Somebody using foul language should be somewhere on the bottom of that list my friend, especially when it's just a bunch of pixels on your screen. Smile and move on. :rock:

T

Thenightrain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love sticking things people say into google translate, you can never learn to swear in too many languages [emoji23]

J

Jenya Zemlyanukhin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do not pay attention to such people. They themselves do not know how to play and others interfere with playing. For this, there is a ban chat!:)

A

aj1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, this type of abusive behavior is ridiculous and unnecessary. The anonymity of being online emboldens some people to be real jerks. But, it's something we have to deal with.

I used to block these players' chats but then I realized that, once in a while, I can glean valuable information. Example: are they just acting like a jerk, trying to tilt players OR are they on tilt and I may have the potential to take their chips?

I think it depends on how you deal with these types of comments. If the abusive comments tilt you, turn off the chat. If you don't get tilted by the comments, you might get information that will help you chip up.

C

celoshida

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't understand, so u want them to swear in english?

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the Google translator sometimes fails in the translation, so you have to know a bit of English to see if what you are writing makes sense

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There will always be people or even kids that will type anything and everything in the chat,so the best thing would be to just turn the chat off.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I swear in 4 languages, and it's more effective in german, so if he's german, swiss or austrian, he will read my opinion of his bad play in his mother language. Besides most english 4 latter words are commonly known and not allowed :)
You're upset about my swearing??? Mission completed :)

D

droozy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
insults

Turn the chat off - I would not bother with insults by the way. I play a lot of live poker and swearing, mocking etc is common in live game too.

VPTatiana

VPTatiana

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
russian swearing doesnt sound beautiful, but if its spanish or french..no matter what the word is - sounds nice anyway:D

and what ab behaviour..this is the matter of mentality i suppose..
want to notice - people on russian forums are more rude than others..
guys from another countries are more polite and friendly..it makes me sad but this is the fact(

be kind guys to each other, always :)

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with most people here, and say just turn the chat off, or don't read it. I think some sites even have a chat only English in the game chat policy.

xxxREAPERxxx

xxxREAPERxxx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its funny when people get mad and go...dcbdcg chdgcv hgdwv wdgv,,,,cause im not offended by something i dont understand so i just laugh at them and watch them lose their cool and their stacks..lol

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If the insult me on their language and not in English who cares if they do in English I dont care either but it's annoying when they help each other because they are from the same country

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
want to notice - people on russian forums are more rude than others..
guys from another countries are more polite and friendly..it makes me sad but this is the fact(

be kind guys to each other, always :)

Hope you can be pleasantly surprised by CardsChat members who use "russian language thread". There are no place for insulting, swearing and unrespect behaviour to other there. :top:

CardsChat destroys stereotypes ;)

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Players can swear at me, in any language they like, providing they continue to donate to my chip stack. I usually don't take a great deal of notice and rarely reply, but occasionally, I may fire back a "Happy New Year 2u2" comment.

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cowards hide behind anonymity

Easy to curse and call people nasty names when there are no consequences for your actions. The only solution is to block the offender's chat or stop the chat altogether. Don't let other people's bad actions wreck your day ... or game.

L

lewis99

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gday all...just make a note on player...angry,tilts...and move on...pokerstars getting bad now..very few mods..hard to get hold.........thanks darrell

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure if there is already a topic like this, but is it just me? Or other people also notice that often people swear in languages other than in English poker chats.

Personally I am really frustrated when people are talking to me in a chat, but even google translate is not able to translate it for me. I just don't get it why it is necessary to do something like that, especially in free rolls, where you get a chance to improve your game and meet new people and talk about hands. Why is it then necessary to go full retarded towards each other?
:confused:

Ask yourself this one Question?
Why da h#$LL are you focusing on anyone’s chat?
Part of being successful in this game is to stay focused on the game, newbie’s and weak players easily get distracted by reading chat posts during games, this is really a self-defeating practice that way too many individuals like yourself indulge in.
If your thin skin cannot handle criticism or insults, and you cannot resist in reading everyone chats, then the only option you will have is to put that person on chat block.
:eek: :D

VPTatiana

VPTatiana

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hope you can be pleasantly surprised by CardsChat members who use "russian language thread". There are no place for insulting, swearing and unrespect behaviour to other there. :top:

CardsChat destroys stereotypes ;)

I got that idea since i have found CC forum! You are all so friendly here, guys, a lot of respect to u!!! <3

Nelly404

Nelly404

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Reply with a big smile only. This works.