Swearing in languages other than English

M

Mepper95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure if there is already a topic like this, but is it just me? Or other people also notice that often people swear in languages other than in English poker chats.

Personally I am really frustrated when people are talking to me in a chat, but even google translate is not able to translate it for me. I just don't get it why it is necessary to do something like that, especially in free rolls, where you get a chance to improve your game and meet new people and talk about hands. Why is it then necessary to go full retarded towards each other?
:confused:

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nope, not just you, its a common problem.
I treat abusive chat as: 'must be not very good player' and start looking for other signs (calling station, very wide range, NIT), then remove their chips.
Discussing hand while the hand is being played is a nono, later during a game is also not a good idea, e.g. people get easily irritated. Best to discuss afterwards in this forum, or elsewhere.

F

felipeanicio

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am Brazilian and I have little knowledge of the English language, I suffer and I do not use google to write my posts and translate from others, but it is still difficult.

nick619

nick619

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OP if it bothers you so much, just block your chat. I block chat and avatars when I play to prevent distractions.

JayE

JayE

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its funny when there foreign and its in broken English. Swearing at you but making no sense. Lol

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately the players when tilt starts to vent his anger! But you can make a note on this player and use his anger against him! Take all his chips from him!

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I generally rarely pay attention to conversations during the game. I absolutely do not care what my opponents are talking about. Usually I'm just interested in getting the chips of my opponents. Preferably, I listen to music, and it helps me to be focused on the game.

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It does seem silly when people swear and act terribly in a freeroll. What do they have to lose?
Also, the word retarded is now frowned upon as much, if not more, than swear words.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Well from my experience if it's a non-English chat, then it's either Russian or Portuguese/Spanish. I don't speak any of the latter, so don't know what it's like in these languages, but I definitely wished a lot of times that I could not understand Russian :D So if you don't understand it, you are not missing much :rolleyes:

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yes, they use their home language which it is not fair for the rest. But it is not an significant weapon, I avoid to comment, I make small coments, and in the language that the poker room prefers.

NoPlace4U

NoPlace4U

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just block the chat, i personally dont care about players talking while playing as long as is not about the current hand.

P

pedro064

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello I understand, you can block the player's chat by clicking on his avatar, click on "BLOCK CHAT".
Or you can directly block the general chat, click on the chat box, click on "CHAT SETTINGS ...", distil the option "SHOW PLAYER MESSAGES" ,if observers are those who write in another language, distilled "SHOW OBSERVER MESSAGES”.
I hope you get the information.

Statsman1

Statsman1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I figure, if I won a pot and someone says something in a language I don't understand, I am not being told what a brilliant play I made.

However, I'm with everyone else...block all chat and play your game. If you want a social game, invite friends over and play a $5 buy-in where nobody is going to get mad if they lose.

S

Shanek

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lmao I must just be lucky I haven't had anybody talk bad to me yet ,really every body has been nice so far but I'm sure that will change

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
In any language you should not swear, if you do you shouldbe kicked out of the game.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree, in any language that you use, if you swear to insult someone at the games, you should be banned from the group. We are here to learn and have great conversartions about our experiences at poker and make new friends, not to make someone feel awful ;)

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People can type what they want cause I know what is true so that's why I guess it don't bother me. if people want to talk about my play in certain hands that's ok with me. it wouldn't be called gambling and taking risks to win if you feel it is going to be the right call.:eek:

Vuske111

Vuske111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its funny to me when people start to insult me,its usually when someone losse big pot he gets mad and starts being salty

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just do not pay attention and I turn off chat from such players, it's better to just turn off the chat and focus on the game and try to win chips in the tournament or money in the cash game, for me this is the best solution!

Stonerkitten

Stonerkitten

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It does seem silly when people swear and act terribly in a freeroll. What do they have to lose?
Also, the word retarded is now frowned upon as much, if not more, than swear words.

I'm glad to see someone say this, retard isn't a nice word and gets used in a very derogatory way to people with mental health/learning difficulties, let's stop using it :)

migesan

migesan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually on free tournaments are players who are not serious and play to spend time, so there are rooms like CC that players improve their game, since when I'm here, believe me I improved my game, it will surely be even better when I improve English.

C

cheeeer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never understood it. I had tourneys with 80%, even 100% bad beats but never had desire to say something bad. For me it's just bad manners. If not more..

If you really want to know what they tell - use google, not google translator. But believe me, you don't want.

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree

Well i suggest the same. google should do something like that. Cause sometimes people in their language say stuffs that would be UN understandable...