Survive this month with $10 left, please help make a decision

dantheman91

dantheman91

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would honestly play the .30c satties to the DD. That's how I built my br and learned the basic ins and outs from playing tons of those sngs.. It's sounds like you want to make money though instead of learn the game. You sound a little too impatient though to really do this, so I hope you get lucky. ^_^

O

onizuka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just checked my Tournament History, yesterday I finished at 1213 from 8788 entrants at Daily Dollar. Only 133 places from ITM :D

30 minutes before today's Daily Dollar started!

Krk

Krk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To OP>
I am not very experienced but I am in a similar situation, so here is my advice:
I am trying to take a shot at micro cashgames with some minimum won in freerolls which is even sligthly less than 10 bucks and I am doing fine sofar after 1000 hands and actually improving from what I can judge so this is the way I would recommend. As an addition to that you can play an occasional freeroll and maybe get a booster for free here and there.
It is a sort of noob/loosers way but it will get you a lot of play and ton of learning IMHO and maybe even a slight chance to build up the cash heap.

GL there.

Last edited:
O

onizuka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys, anyone know sattelite to Big Little Tournament $0.50 + $0.05 which award 20 seats can be turn to cash or tourney credit if we won? Because as far as I know it looks not too hard, usually each satty only filled 60 - 80 entrants which make it top 25% awarded.

Best regards
onizuka

I

imwatcher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys, anyone know sattelite to Big Little Tournament $0.50 + $0.05 which award 20 seats can be turn to cash or tourney credit if we won? Because as far as I know it looks not too hard, usually each satty only filled 60 - 80 entrants which make it top 25% awarded.

Best regards
onizuka

Yes, these are goldmines, usually they do meet their guarantee expectation, but these are still amazingly soft.. i think you can easily cash 3/5ish if you pick your spots well.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Send $5 to SavagePenguin and then $5 to AbsoluteHamm for the valuable information they have given to you.

mrmonkey

mrmonkey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Best regards
onizuka

Yeah, I've played in this one before and it is pretty soft. Since you are in Asia, I also recommend playing it at strange (early AM) times for North America -- the field is sometimes as small as 40-50.

O

onizuka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I've played in this one before and it is pretty soft. Since you are in Asia, I also recommend playing it at strange (early AM) times for North America -- the field is sometimes as small as 40-50.

The lowest entrants I found so far only around 60, I need to search more for 40 entrants, interesting :)

Have you tried to convert the ticket to tourney cash?

mrmonkey

mrmonkey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The lowest entrants I found so far only around 60, I need to search more for 40 entrants, interesting :)

Have you tried to convert the ticket to tourney cash?

Yes, as long as you buyin with cash or T$ you can unregister for the tournament and it will give you T$ back.

If you register into a tourney using FPP (full tilt points) you won't be able to unregister for cash -- you will just get a ticket for the BLT back.

cardriverx

cardriverx

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
do you just want to hit it big once? or be able to grind it for a profit over time?

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:confused: what on earth you talking about?

He is asking because you aren't following anything that can be closely considered bankroll management, and people who do that are usually just playing to try to hit it big, because with the way they are playing, they will not be able to grind out that stack over time because they are going to go bust.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just checked my Tournament History, yesterday I finished at 1213 from 8788 entrants at Daily Dollar. Only 133 places from ITM :D

30 minutes before today's Daily Dollar started!

[x] not rolled for DD

Best regards
onizuka

[x] Not rolled for BLT sat

He is asking because you aren't following anything that can be closely considered bankroll management, and people who do that are usually just playing to try to hit it big, because with the way they are playing, they will not be able to grind out that stack over time because they are going to go bust.

^^
This.... you got ALOT of free and helpful advice in this thread by winning players yet you don't do what they recommended. :confused:

noW

noW

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From your 2 ideas I would choose the Daily Dollar 10 days in a row just because you can only lose 1$ per day, when at ring game when your on tilt 2 seconds can be enough for a 0$ balance.

Try to play private buy-in tournaments!
PS: Some of them really worth it.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yep. The 10c tourney might be the best . But at the same time read a book of poker. Start with "Little green book" by Phil Gordon. You will find it easy to read and it is about tourneys.

+1

Maybe try some $1 45plyr sng's (with fingers crossed obv). Keep posting & get into the CC Freerolls on Fulltilt. Good oppurtunity to learn a bit about Tournament play & depending upon what table you get on, you might be playing with some really good players (there's quite a few of them who regularly play the CC freerolls... they're not like your typical freeroll at all).

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Just thought of something > Play the 70cent SNG Satellites to the BLT. Top3 get paid $2.20 each. I've played a handful of these for fun & can give you an idea of what to expect in them > there's actually a fairly large group of regulars who play in them (probably players in situations similiar to your own - small bankroll). Some of them are quite good! (I've seen some with over 1,000games played & fairly high ROI with decent profit from them). Others are real bad & will double you up with garbage. They'll also give you a decent avenue to learn about shove/fold game in SNG's (although obviously it's quite a bit different from a regular SNG because of the flat payout structure (top3 all get paid the same)). This also can be taken advantage of because the bad players will make some really huge mistakes on the bubble in these.

I think there's also 30cent SNG Satellites to the Daily Dollar (but not sure about them).

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Not sure what all the fuss is about 'rakeback'?? Seriously guys... with a $10 bankroll how much rakeback do ya think OP will be generating? (especially if they'll be playing in games with $'s added.. ie. CC, DD, etc.).

Also, as far as suggesting you'd need 100buyins to play the DailyDollar. I totally disagree with this. Sure we typically want to be playing MTTs with 100buyins in our bankroll (200 even better) but when your roll is super small &/or you're playing the micros I REALLY think that you can adjust this in a big way.
I'd play the super cheap SNG sattys.. & take shots at the Daily Dollar MTT. (and don't worry about goin' broke).
Some hope for ya > the very first game I played on Fulltilt was the Ferguson. I took 2nd for $114 (anything is possible!).

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I think there's also 30cent SNG Satellites to the Daily Dollar (but not sure about them).
There are. Top two get buy-in and third gets a quarter. They are very soft. I suggest as always with $10 BR to play a bunch of these before the tourney starts that day. They don't host them again until the next day(not sure of time). If you don't feel like playing the DD just unregister from it before it starts. You don't have to unregister until you are finished playing the sattys because if you win more than one you will receive T$ for the rest. You should be able to win a free BI to DD if you want to play one everyday and still come ahead if you play enough of these. Do this until you get up to $100 or so and throw in some $2.25 STT's if you want. Or if not stick to the $1-$2 MTT's.

Last edited:
Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure what all the fuss is about 'rakeback'?? Seriously guys... with a $10 bankroll how much rakeback do ya think OP will be generating? (especially if they'll be playing in games with $'s added.. ie. CC, DD, etc.).

Also, as far as suggesting you'd need 100buyins to play the DailyDollar. I totally disagree with this. Sure we typically want to be playing MTTs with 100buyins in our bankroll (200 even better) but when your roll is super small &/or you're playing the micros I REALLY think that you can adjust this in a big way.
I'd play the super cheap SNG sattys.. & take shots at the Daily Dollar MTT. (and don't worry about goin' broke).
Some hope for ya > the very first game I played on Fulltilt was the Ferguson. I took 2nd for $114 (anything is possible!).

The real issue is that $10 isnt a bankroll.

Bankroll management can only be scaled down so far. Once your BR is so small that you cant drop down a level should you need to.. BRM goes out of the window.

O

onizuka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow guys, you give me a lot reading material on my thread since yesterday, thank you very much especially to Poker Orifice. Last few days I skipped playing daily dollar and only play 5NL with 2 dollars buy in. So far so good, manage to play break even but able to clearing $3 increment bonus and few cents from RBP. About satty to BLT, I found it very interesting. Peoples play as loose as they can at beginning, then play very very slow when the field leaves only 30+ entrants.

O

onizuka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
+1

Maybe try some $1 45plyr sng's (with fingers crossed obv). Keep posting & get into the CC Freerolls on Fulltilt. Good oppurtunity to learn a bit about Tournament play & depending upon what table you get on, you might be playing with some really good players (there's quite a few of them who regularly play the CC freerolls... they're not like your typical freeroll at all).

about CC freeroll, I just see this as an opportunity to learn "how pro plays" rather than a chance to build BR a free way. Because I realized where my capability is. There is no way I can beat you guys and cashed out :) I'm not yet sign up to CC Freeroll club, just want to make sure I contribute enough at CC before sign up eventhough my post count is passed 65 mark.

I just browse amazon and found a deal for Harrington on Cash Games vol 1 for $23 from original price at $34.50 is it a good deal?

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here's the last bit of info you're getting from me, because you're still being an idiot and playing 5NL when you should be playing 2NL. Playing 5NL with 40BB is worse than playing 2NL with 100BB on just about every level. You throw all of your fold equity out the window, you're going to get people calling you light because they know they will easily get you in postflop. I understand that any BRM is difficult or non-existent when you are on such a micro roll, but I'm pretty sure any person wanting to preserve that tiny roll would be playing the smallest games. I might go to Vegas with 10K in my pocket, but I'm not going to sit down at a 25/50 game with it as soon as I get there.

Do yourself a favor, don't waste your money on Harrington's books. Put the money you were going to spend on them FT and just read Verneer's MicroNL PDF. Harrington will be too complex for you anyway.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I personally wouldn't play any cash tables if I were you 'BUT' I don't think you're an idiot (not at all). Thing is.. even playing 2nl you can easily lose a few buyins in short order & if you're not playing to attempt to stack your opponent's off I think you'd be likely nitting it up too much (alot of new players play cash tables as if they're tournaments... they alot different from one another).
Try to learn one or the other (personally I think you'd be way better off playing the 70cent satellites to the BLT, where Top3 get $2.20). With a basic understanding of SNG Strategy you could easily do well in them. Read up on SNG play, check out a video or two and then start hammering away at them imo.

Last comment re: $10 bankroll. Sure it's too small.. because there's obviously a good chance of goin' broke... but.. I've actually built up a few bankrolls on a few different sites, each starting out with a freeroll cash of ~$2 (one site I built to over $500, another over $600 & another ~$150). I don't play much on any of those accounts these days (oddly enough... lol) because I just don't like the game selection on them.
You can do it! It's not a 100% given by any means... but it is quite possible!

See if you can pick up a book at the library. Try to get ahold of Phil Gordon's Little Green Book. AND.. read up on SNG Strategy (find a guide for SNG's if you can).
gl :)

Last edited: