Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Skill definitely! How much is hard to determine but in the long term a Skilful player will be more profitable than a player relying purely on Luck.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends how you play really, if you are the type that goes in with any hand, and you catch on the draws, then i would say lucky, if you analyse the players and know when your hand is good, then there is some skill involved.

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck in the short term, skill in the long term. Got to play the long game to win big tournaments and leagues. Be patient you'll get lucky eventually if you have the skill to stay in long enough.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In the long term, certainly skill and willpower. In the short term it could be luck.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
skill is success in poker, of course, the ability to play and understand the game correctly is the most important thing if you know how to play poker well, you will always make money, and of course luck also plays a role, luck is needed in poker without it, it will be difficult to win the main poker hands

Sullivanryn88

Sullivanryn88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Skill is definitely a bigger portion of the formula for the game. Luck comes and goes but continuous education and evolution of your skill and knowledge will help you better overall in the long run.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
As previously mentioned in the thread and by me and many others it's luck in the short term and skill in the long run.

The problem with the long run is that it can be extremely long when it comes to especially big Live MTTs.

Take the main event in wsop for example: how many can get so lucky that win it all with the size it has today.

It takes multiple lifetimes to see a true winrate in Live tournaments.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What are your thoughts on this?
Luck and skill. Both of these components are important and they essentially complement each other. Poker is also patience and discipline, poker is also experience and perseverance. The game of poker is very multi-faceted and at different times one or another of our skills or abilities can be decisive for the result.

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Not just in poker, but in everything in life, to be successful, you need to look for the right path. In poker, what counts most is the discipline to focus on the evolution process, you can't win just with skill, you need to study a lot to be successful in poker, you have to focus on the evolution process!

GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Determination 100%
Study,play,good sleep,good rotine and be calm when playing
Go for the gold
God bless

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I agree with most of You. I Play Poker near one year. I learn a lot and Play a lot. In a long term skills are more important to have a success (building bankroll - i Hope You mean success by this). Moreover You can have bad days and bad beats do also Your daily form and how You feel that day. Dyscipline, strategy, knowing oponents, aggression. All that things are important. And most of them are skills.
I Play better and win more often because of my knowledge, not by luck.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Certainly skill, inspiration and of course luck is the key to all gambling.
Poker is not a game of chance. It's a game of skill. Because it takes skill to even count on luck in this game.

jose_saleh

jose_saleh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Skill for the long term success, but in short term you can depend on luck, dont expect to make a career based on luck

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck can help in the short term, so skill is the key to achieving success (cash games)

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck in you need the cards and for combinations to hit.
Skill is knowing when you may be ahead, knowing when to fold. Enduring bets when you are more likely ahead.skill in navigating a tournament until the final stages.

Huntre

Huntre

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
If we look at horizon or some distance luck don't bring you success, in other words skill win in distance

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Success in poker is a combination of skill and luck. Skill plays a key role in poker, as players must have a good understanding of the rules of the game, as well as advanced betting strategies, hand reading, bankroll management and poker psychology. Skilled players can make informed decisions based on available information such as own cards, community cards, and opponents' behavior.

However, luck also plays an important role in poker. Card dealing is random and sometimes players can be dealt strong or weak hands no matter how much skill they have. Additionally, external factors such as revealed community cards can drastically change the course of a hand, even for the most skilled player.