Style of playing

M

Milan Godhania

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A very slow player. I like to see more cards but will destroy if AK shows. Will try aggressive play next.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

the big point is: are you making $$$ this way?
if not should try other stile or other game

rgds

SAKhur

SAKhur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As for me, playing in any one style is obviously a losing option. At different stages of the game, you adhere to some of your own playing styles. it all depends on many factors, such as what kind of stack you have, in what position you are standing and what cards you have in your hands, these are the basics of poker. and to bring your chance to stay closer, you need to use different styles, because then it is more difficult for the oponent to read your hands.

I like the hunter style. I can watch the fish for a long time, calculating how many chances I have to catch it. It happens that I lure her, and sometimes I set nets. I've been playing poker for quite a long time and have a lot of experience, so after a session I almost always have a good catch. :D

bertaS1234

bertaS1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My style of play is when I wait the opponent to bluff me and I should have patience.

Pawlowski

Pawlowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tight aggressive and crazy time to time...

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's not a good question to answer here on the forum. Poker is a game of incomplete information, and it is not wise to keep giving away information about your playing style for free. Pay to see when you're at the table with me.

magister1

magister1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When I first started playing live I was a huge nit. I never bluffed and just peddled the nuts. People were so bad in the early 2000s it worked.

I eventually had to adopt a TAG style as poker got harder and I moved to more online play.

Always wished I could be a great exploitative or LAG but its just not in my blood.

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My favorite style I guess would be tight-agro. I enjoy sitting back, relaxed and watching other players at the table. When I decide to hop into a hand I evaluate the hand, position and players in the hand. From their I let the hands play out and make any necessary moves/ plays I deem fit.

B

bakang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Beware of having a style on the online sites. IMO, they figure out what u play then use it against u to make every hand 50/50. I know at a site I'll call Cheat on Line, KK is an underdog vs A3. It's how it works outside of the USA. Play the freebie tomorrow and see how they rob their own customers, imo

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t know why or how, but sometimes I have an intuitive style. And I can see the whole distribution in advance and know the result of this drawing. But for this it is necessary, the absence of extraneous noises and complete loneliness, concentration in the game, and the god mode is turned on. I don't know what to call this style. I usually play tight.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
I think we must change our styles by playing poker online. There are the same people playing every day, so it's good to change.

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to play like a TAG. A TAG plays few starting hands (see SHC) and only plays them when he hits a flop or a promising draw. However, he plays these hands very aggressively and protects them by raising and betting for value.

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to play like a TAG. A TAG plays few starting hands (see SHC) and only plays them when he hits a flop or a promising draw. However, he plays these hands very aggressively and protects them by raising and betting for value.

Me too. (I hope this post counts, just becuase someone else has typed exactly what I wanted to say)

bertaS1234

bertaS1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My playstyle is aggressive, but at any moment I can play tait

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe you should transit through styles depending on many variables at the felt.

Of course there is always a poker style you identify yourself with and you're looking for at the villain.
But having one and only stiff style will make you exploitable.

And I learned that when playing online a TAG style is preferable.

But going from style to style depending on specifics of the game will make you a successful player.

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play TAG style. However, I move into a weak\passive with too many folds. There are times need to adjust to the playing style of the table.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anytime your opponent rivers you - you will think about raising and betting more to try to motivate your villain to fold.

C

CTPA3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You always need to take into account the players at a particular table, from the position, when you need to reset a good hand, when you need to click to weed out limpers, well, no one canceled the bluff)

D

daurensdo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play micro-limits, so I stick to a tight game, bluffs are revealed there by any coincidence

samersv

samersv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer ABC poker, but sometimes, depending on the type of players at the table, I switch to LAG. LAG can sometimes be very profitable.$$$$

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
What is your style of playing, that helps you win?

Being patient is the best style for me, unfortunately for the last week or two I have been playing like a huge Donk! playing hands I should fold, and folding hands I should really be playing, but with a lot on my mind at present, I feel like my heads in the bin, and can catch nothing good.
I don't usually define my playing style as being one way or another, because it changes from hand to hand depending on what I am dealt, or what table position I have, also it depends a lot on how I see other players around me, if they are short stacked and we are close to the bubble I may become more aggressive, trying to steal blinds from players who might be afraid of going out before they make the money, or then again I might play tighter knowing I am in the money and there is no point risking my chip stack.
Either way is the right/wrong way to play, too tight and you miss opportunities, too aggressive and you can lose chips, So the correct play is to mix it up, and keep the opposition guessing.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

gery

gery

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best style is the winning one, you could try aggressively and run into AA or only play slow and
a set of 2er will defeat you - so play all kind of necessary styles that bring you to your target.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in poker it all depends on the specific situation and stage of the tournament, somewhere you can play tighter for the sake of a pager, in tournaments with knockouts, on the contrary, you need to act aggressively, especially if you have a large stack

NiallPlays

NiallPlays

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Tight aggressive so if and when you do try a bluff it usually works well