NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
ATo for sure.
There are always a few players with AJ, AQ, AK to beat you.

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great question! There are so many great hands that are stressful playing. You don’t wanna scare anyone away but yet you don’t want to limpers get a foot in the door. Pre-flop. I don’t like playing any pocket pair below 8’s. Postflop, it’s a different story…. You really have to see a flop before any big decisions are made.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
in decisive moments I prefer not to play with JJ , AJ sometimes I think they do not bring good luck

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like to play pairs like 55 or 66 or lower in position where raise or all in is indicated depending on the position, I don't like it but it doesn't mean that I'm doing badly, it's a matter of feeling very weak although I don't Be it so, you mention strong hands and maybe they can tell me that they are not strong but I am referring to situations where they are strong to make the movements mentioned

B

BrunoFabri01

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
JJ is definitely not a bad hand, as it is a pair in the hand and one of the top pairs, but I often lose with it.

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I don't like AJ and KJ very much, especially post-flot, they are hands that dominate them a lot and you can almost always get into trouble

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
JJ

Premium hand but an uncomfortable hand to play post flop.. even when it hits the straight usually comes along for the ride. When called you fear any over card.

I consider it a difficult hand mainly because of the reluctance to let it go as easily as you would any lower PP, and calling two streets of action isn't good for your stack.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
JJ is the hand I don't want to see, it's better to get 2 2, every time I say I throw JJ preflop and still I try to see if it goes well...and I lose!!!!

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
JJ is a very difficult hand for me, it fails me many times in important spots. Quite strong and at the same time very vulnerable. I play it carefully

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
AJo, it's so deceptive, even when in position, imo.

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It took me a while to realize that all hands are just starting hands do isand each plays differently from the others. They need to be played differently than when we played them the last time. MY problem with the big pairs is that the options of how to play them is more restricted and have less wiggle room and if one is not alert to the game they will play themselves and sometimes have disasterous results. It is hard to muck AA , KK in the face of a bad run out.

One thing a player needs to let go of is expectations that certain hands guarantee winning results.

JetmirDulja

JetmirDulja

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
i hate playing pocket jacks JJ ... and Queens QQ ... it seems such a good hand pre flop but after that its anybodys game .... i prefer connected smaller hands than those pairs ...

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The assumption that some hands are stronger than others may be right, but you can lose with any hand against 72 offsuit or 92 o/s depending on the board.
Handstrength is depending on the board that falls to your feet.
A board like 772KA (or any other combo with starting trips) will not help AK,Ax,KQ to Kx and so on. The cases are rare but they exist.
I consider any starting hand except pairs as weak (even 27 or 92, recommended in special situations) because they have to hit or connect to the board. Improved (top) pairs are mostly great if the board is not to draw heavy.
So there is really no hand for me that I really love to play preflop except AA KK, rest is always a hard decission.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
My favorite hands are A 10 and K 10, I don't play with these hands and always fold.But seriously, poker can be won with any card, even 2 7.

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
probably AJo - is not a secret why this hand is disliked

Artemloshara

Artemloshara

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me it's JJ, how many times have I lost, I gave everything and lost all the time and with a pair of 2 2 I won, I just hate this combination

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The assumption that some hands are stronger than others may be right, but you can lose with any hand against 72 offsuit or 92 o/s depending on the board.
Handstrength is depending on the board that falls to your feet.
A board like 772KA (or any other combo with starting trips) will not help AK,Ax,KQ to Kx and so on. The cases are rare but they exist.
I consider any starting hand except pairs as weak (even 27 or 92, recommended in special situations) because they have to hit or connect to the board. Improved (top) pairs are mostly great if the board is not to draw heavy.
So there is really no hand for me that I really love to play preflop except AA KK, rest is always a hard decission.
I have to correct me in one points A7 and K7 are the only two combos that will beat 2 7 in that example that I made. These hands will most probably not fold to such a board and any other 7x hand may also stay in that hand but will pay us or we split with the other 2 7.

iceheart888

iceheart888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I don't like to play AA. Blocks few combinations.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The strong hand that I don't like to play is AK of in early positions whenever the villain goes roll in or raises the blind in UTG position he beats me for example I go oll in pre-flop call from the villain AJ vs my AK and he beats me!!! I'll consult you!!! I will be doing wrong to make that move is it the variance of the game??

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The strong hand that I don't like to play is AK in the first positions every time the villain does oll-in or raises the blind in the UTG position, he beats me, for example, I make a pre-flop call from the villain AJ against my AK. And he beats me!!! I'll consult you!!! I'll be doing it wrong to make that move. Is that the variation of the game?

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Having AJ always complicates your game

Mantinhoo

Mantinhoo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LT
Chips
JJ. I cannot remember when I won with this hand...

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands