Stopping certain CC members from commenting or reading your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am getting really pissed off with some of the people on this site making negative comments about posts.

I don`t care if people disagree with my thoughts, my play, etc, but the way some of the `elite` comment on posts really gets to me.

I have noticed its not just me but other people they have a go at. When they have a go it`s nothing constructive at all!!!

I am here to have a laugh, learn, vent my frustrations, etc but I get really bored with some peoples comments.

If I read a post that I don`t like or am bored with I simply go to the next one, unless I want to make comment on the actual content of the post.

Is there any way I can exclude certain people from reading/ commenting on my posts?

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am getting really pissed off with some of the people on this site making negative comments about posts.

I don`t care if people disagree with my thoughts, my play, etc, but the way some of the `elite` comment on posts really gets to me.

I have noticed its not just me but other people they have a go at. When they have a go it`s nothing constructive at all!!!

I am here to have a laugh, learn, vent my frustrations, etc but I get really bored with some peoples comments.

If I read a post that I don`t like or am bored with I simply go to the next one, unless I want to make comment on the actual content of the post.

Is there any way I can exclude certain people from reading/ commenting on my posts?

dude calm down seriously you are blowing this way out of porportion, since this is directed right at me I will not comment on any of your threads anymore ok?

seriously though its not like your thread was in anyway going to get any constuctive comments anyway. but anyway I degress, im fine with ignoring your threads trust me.

premierplayer

premierplayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there is an ignore feature built into Vbulletin.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there is an ignore feature built into Vbulletin.

its under user cp on the bottom, please feel free OP. That way I can still post in your threads and you dont have to read what I type at all.

KMC1828

KMC1828

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its under user cp on the bottom, please feel free OP. That way I can still post in your threads and you dont have to read what I type at all.

either way you're an elitist.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't stop them from reading or posting, but as mentioned above, you can stop yourself from reading them. Simply go into a user profile that you don't wish to hear from anymore and in there you'll find an option to add them to your "Ignore List". Then, going forward, anytime you read a thread they've posted in, their posts will be hidden from you. Keep in mind that this is ALL of their posts in ALL threads. You can undo this later if you want, just manage it within the user CP. You can also select individual blocked posts to read while you are in a thread.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do this with JD from time to time. ;)

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
come on ron you know you want to!!!!

Attachments

• mban1707l.jpg
    mban1707l.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 69
  • mban1244l.jpg
    mban1244l.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 69
stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I seriously agree with this. Storm, stop talking down to people. It pisses them off.

serioulsy if you are going to take things so damn personal then that is pretty freaking sad. im straight forward and im going to say exactly what I mean and im not going to sugar coat it. If that is too harsh for some here then I would be happy to leave?

talk among yoursleves and let me know.

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dude calm down seriously you are blowing this way out of porportion, since this is directed right at me I will not comment on any of your threads anymore ok?
I do not have the time to check out when everyone says about my posts. However, this will not have been the first time you have made a similar comment about my posts or other peoples posts.

All you had to do was ignore it if you were not interested or make the point you made after I objected to your comments - would have been more constructive and yes, would have kept the thread on line.

seriously though its not like your thread was in anyway going to get any constuctive comments anyway.
How do you know what would have been constructive to me or not? Some of the comments made IMO were helpful, i.e. "It`s not only me that thinks that way"

Yet again you are making decisions on what I do or do not want to hear.

P.S. Get well soon.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So the Simpsons movie was pretty funny.

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
serioulsy if you are going to take things so damn personal then that is pretty freaking sad. im straight forward and im going to say exactly what I mean and im not going to sugar coat it. If that is too harsh for some here then I would be happy to leave?

talk among yoursleves and let me know.

I`m more thinking if you don`t have anything constructive to say then don`t say anything. That would help.

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
but the way some of the `elite` comment on posts really gets to me.

I think it`s amusing that Stormy immediately identified himself with this. I wouldn`t have.

No offence to Brian, but he describes himself as the "resident jerk" and, by his own admission, he can`t win at online poker and his private life is a mess.

If he is the "elite" then we are either using some definition I don`t know or the rest must have some really heavy problems. :p

premierplayer

premierplayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe I was taught that saying in kindergarten.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it`s amusing that Stormy immediately identified himself with this. I wouldn`t have.

No offence to Brian, but he describes himself as the "resident jerk" and, by his own admission, he can`t win at online poker and his private life is a mess.

If he is the "elite" then we are either using some definition I don`t know or the rest must have some really heavy problems. :p

im the same person I was awhile ago when you all admited me in the loyaler section so if you all feel this way why in the hell did you all put me in there? :confused:

I indentified myself with that because well it was directed at me fro mother thread.

I have made a lot of friends on this site but starting to think that this site really isnt worth all this.

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
honestly this is stupid and pretty sad that you can take what I said in your thread so personal. You sitting in a public forum and you cant take what a person from that public is saying?
How do you not know I`m not a member of parliment???

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im the same person I was awhile ago when you all admited me in the loyaler section so if you all feel this way why in the hell did you all put me in there? :confused:

I have made a lot of friends on this site but starting to think that this site really isnt worth all this.

Chill out, friend, I was kidding. Weren`t you just telling someone not to be touchy ?

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chill out, friend, I was kidding. Weren`t you just telling someone not to be touchy ?

Sorry guys, but I`m glad I started this tread :D

Again, I`m sitting laughing at the comments - very amusing. storm, can we be m8s again, Mr Elite ???

daxter70

daxter70

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I seriously agree with this. Storm, stop talking down to people. It pisses them off.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA......

and gets them banned also!!!!!!

and i LOVED THE SIMPSONS!!!!!!!:D

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

well as much as a asshole as I'am I dont make threads singling people out and then take turns bashing them. Its fine. whatever.

KMC1828

KMC1828

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well as much as a asshole as I'am I dont make threads singling people out and then take turns bashing them. Its fine. whatever.

no you go to other people's threads to do that.

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Where does my thread mention u ???

Status
Not open for further replies.