Stop calling people donks!!

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Donk in poker is not an insult, is just an average Joe who plays the way you adress here in this post that I consider it should be closed. Parents have nothing to do with this.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Don't let it upset you so much, Calling someone a Donk! is their way of trying to upset you and get you on Tilt!

I always remember the kids advice from years ago "Sticks and Stone's, May break my bone's, But words cannot hurt me"

It keeps me calm and I often smile when someone calls me a Donk! it means I am getting under their skin Ha Ha

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let people play the way they want to. It's their money and who are you to criticize the way they play their cards?

wah wah wah Poker is a game of the mind. If you get rattled by someone calling you a name just go to your mama and tell her all about it. Grow up its always been part of the game and always will. When the going gets tough, the tough get going. or just turn off the chat its that easy. Use your logic. Dont criticize someone for how they act its there right!!

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i usually keep my cool

when an opponent lucks out . that said ,when you lose your whole stack in a tournament to a hand that had no business being in the pot , tossing out the d word sure seems appropriate !

H

hartmann2508

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
annoying the opponent is essential, you force him to fail, and so you have control of the play, so avoiding getting bored is important, as the bank can break in a silly speech.

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think its part of poker... it can be a way to try get out tour atention f the game. Let they say anything, but beat them.

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm so used to being called a fish or a donk or a suck out player. I even laugh at someone calling me about my mother is a this and that. It is so boring the same old comments that I am forgetting what others say.

F

freeisfun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree people can play whatever way they want to . If they bought in with their own money they can do whatever they want with it.

K

katsbrasil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
katsbrasil

I believe that a person has to look in the mirror first before saying that someone is dumb

Shakes

Shakes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just out of curiosity if we cant call them donks do we need to make up a new term or is there a word thats already out there that I am not familiar with?

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't care what you call me if I win the pot..

newelis74

newelis74

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The truth is!
The best thing one can do is put a note and continue ... I'm not saying that I won't ever get away with a very hard hand that they beat me up but ...
The reaction of insulting my opponent hardly happens anymore, Note and I continue ... Soon he will supply me with good chips if he is truly a DONKEY ...

CptRunBad

CptRunBad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The mental game must be strong to be a top tier player

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
'Bluff catching' .... You mean you're a calling station.. right?
Sounds to me more like donk calling the donk... 'Donk'.

I remember when online poker was taking off back pre-2010 on FTP you couldn't go 5mins. without seeing 'donk' /'donkey' in the chat (... hmm, maybe that was only happening on my tables :confused: )
Notes on players help make these calls. :) I make many notes on players tendencies, too many of them make the same moves over and over again.
I remember those days, I don't say much in chat at non CC games, I do add some chat if someone is tilting from comments of others, got to keep them tilting with the occasional comment until they punt off their stack off. :D

I also should have added that this screeny was from a freebuy and it was one of the first hands I played after regd late, I was prepared to make the max 2 reentries, in the end I didn't need any.

:bandit:
I was just trying to do a bit on his username 'donk 1st class' but it didn't really have legs, so went nowhere...
That would be because I changed the name on the screenshot with MS Paint. ;)

:flute:

Last edited:
C

Chicungulla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can't cover the sun with a finger donk is donk ... lol .....

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I try not to pay attention to the critical remarks of my opponents while playing poker. But sometimes criticism can turn into insults. I believe that players who respect themselves will also respect others and it is obvious that every player has the right to play as he wishes.
Good luck.

C

CornY7Y

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mute chat

I usually give mute to the player who writes all sorts of nasty things in the chat, and if everyone starts to swear, then turn off the chat completely :)

V

valen_niyee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just do not put chat window in front. Put hands in front as that more important than messages from villain

J

Jak0diamonds

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeeeessss, please stop! I'm sure we have seen it all but some ppl don't deserve to be called donks lol. I have seen ppl make good calls and then get called a donk, hero call...your a donk, failed bluff...your a donk.
Ppl get hero called and do not even consider your range before they spew "donk!" Lmao
Let's just play our game, we are already battling on the felt and ppl still want to battle in the chat!? Be humble and take your beats...
:D secretly I love the entertainment it provides but maaan smh crazy what donk turns into lol then they verbally attack you with whatever stereotypes your country portrays because it's all the info they have...
This is a small population just as any population has a small percentage of ignorant ppl but it's just shitty to see.

Next time you see shitty behavior, racial stereotypes or just outright trolling, call them on their shit and refer them to Elliot roe because they are obvi not on their a-game...and don't forget to enjoy it.
Please don't forget to enjoy it lol these guys got personality even if it's a horrible one :jd4:

RiverRick

RiverRick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everybody makes dumb decisions

Nobody plays perfect poker.

pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't even read or write anything in the chat rooms anymore. Who cares anyway? Why should we?

tonzinho7620

tonzinho7620

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
each one has their own way of playing and destroying the opponent if that bothers you, turn off the chat hug