Still struggling to know WHAT to play after 2 months of playing

cardriverx

cardriverx

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd play the DONs, I've had success with them too.

OziFigJam

OziFigJam

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Read Mike Caros book "Most Profitable Holdem Advise" and your game will change in leaps and bounds.He is without doubt The Mad Genius of Poker and his theory on cash games will make you a winner.OziFigJam(F*** Im Good Just Ask Me)

C

chevanater

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think 1.10 45man turbos are the best starter tourneys and are pretty easy to crush

B

baghead

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I THINK THAT DONS ARE A GREAT WAY TO START THEY DONT TEACH YOU ALOT BUT THEY DO TEACH PATIENCE WHICH TO ME IS THE MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR; PLUS THEY ARE EASY TO BUILD YOUR BANK ROLE AND YOU DONT NEED TO CONCENTRATE TOO MUCH ON THEM WHICH ALLOWS YOU TO BRANCH OFF INTO DIFFERENT GAMES WHILST STILL EARNING ON THE DONS

dwolfg

dwolfg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should study more. I think you should concentrate on other games than nl hold em. Everyone plays no limit hold em. Newer strategies are being developed all the time to beat the last strategy in the game. If you can become at least proficient in many games, you have more options in terms of game selection based on how tough the game is. For example, and I posted about this under "trash talking fish" a few nights ago I was going around ftp's new draw games and decided to play some 2nl 2-7 triple draw. Well about 15 minutes into play a second fish joined the table and the two fish just started shoving every hand. With proper play I managed to turn 2 dollars into 55. With more knowledge and experience with many different games you have the option to go where the fish are, wherever they are.

dwolfg

dwolfg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also, and I apologize if this has been stated before, making proper strategy adjustments based on starting stacks, blind structure and payout structure is crucial in the different mtt and sngs. And remember to quote Johnny Chan,"The only way to be a winner is to be a loser so you learn."

L

Liam0099

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ramdeebam,
I know exactly what your asking and I too went through the same frustration. PM me or post on here if your still reading the topic. Id be happy to share what Ive learned as far as "which game is for you" as far as raising your bankroll.
While the rakes and advice on looking at each game based on buyins and rakes vs possible profits, is definitely the right way to approach it... You are also onto something regarding what type of game to stick to for now. Rather then post a book on what Ive learned, PM me or reply to the post, I think I can help with your answer. Good luck bro.

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does anyone ever even consider FL games anymore. I always won at these games at every level I paid. I think even if you like NL games better, you build a lot more confidence in your own ability by getting your ears wet in FL. You play a lot more pots, push small edges and build pots odds. I go back to FL when I am on a down streak at NL.

konawajim

konawajim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you considered one of the on line poker school pokerstars and Full Tilt.
I never used them maybe someone has some insight on them?