Starting off a $3.00 bankroll

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe try switching over to Full Tilt and start from zero ... maybe there are a few more opportunities to build a zippo roll on FTP than PS, esp with the CC Freerolls and the FTP smaller Tournys.

Full Tilt has much higher rake at micro stakes though - and that's a much bigger issue when you're trying to build up from very little.

three3y3

three3y3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i cant count the times i had 3 bucks 5 bucks and lost it all in buys ins and cash games......all in the last few months i was able to stack my roll to 37 then diminish it in one day to 3 bucks with poor roll management just going crack head with 1 + 25 sit n gos.....but where im getting at is wehn i was at 3 buck last week I regrouped my thoughts and faculties..and just played the micro cash games buying in at the minimum 40 cents if i lost one buy in i rebought once more if that was gone i walked away to play the next day ...but with better roll management i was able to build from 3 to 5 to 7 then made a final table in a freeroll spiked it 15 and made another private freeroll final table and made 4 and poof im back up there ...and made some more small cashes ......so id say play alot of freerols join more forums and get in the games most of them will be small prize pools but u have to start somwhere ..its gotten me back in the action...now i play the cash cash game everyday and at least one daily dollar at full tilt along with the 10 cent 1000 guarantee....roll management is key....good luck and ill see you on the felt hopefully real soon

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's taken me a while to grasp the concept of these double or nothing SNGs, but essentially you can sit there and just wait for the juicy moments. You don't have to be chipleader, providing that you have a comfortable stack you can just let the short stacks kill each other off. I was feeling negative about the fact that you are paying $1.15 and only win 85c, but I think I need to adjust my strategy slightly from the normall MTT frame of mind that I am accustomed to, and chill a little.

LayzeePanda

LayzeePanda

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dd_decker

dd_decker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Geez, I think you should have considered waiting for a better price for your play chips. Even if you got 6 dollars, you would have a much better chance of building your bankroll. So that was the first mistake in your bankroll management. From here, play in the micro stakes and .25 SNG's and be very careful, and get in any private freerolls (especially cardschat!) that you can. Be patient.

Last edited:
JessyMoneyAA

JessyMoneyAA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to build up a bankroll but it will be diifucult play money is not the same as real money . BUt i wish you good luck and tell us your results :D

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Originally Posted by LayzeePanda
Ill stick to micro tourneys see if i hit some good dollars
Originally Posted by LayzeePanda
Yes I acutally did follow my rules. Until I got 1st in one of these tourneys and tripled what I had.
Originally Posted by Stu Ungar
How is playing $50 NL with a BR of under $15 sticking to micro tournaments?
Lol. Maybe delusional, or should we put emphasis on the "until I tripled..." part. How does tripling your bankroll to $9 make you think you should take a stab and play at $50NL? I'm not sure how that happens. I'd try .05/.10 before going up to .25/.50 tables. You've got it all wrong if you think it's easier, and you're going to succeed in those limits, if you can't grow your roll at the .02/.05 or .05/.10 tables before jumping into $50NL. BTW, you should have been at the .01/.02 tables, buying in for the minimum with a $9 bankroll. ;)

Last edited:
C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With only 3 bucks Id actually play a sit an go thats about 3 dollars and hope to cash. Micro games dont do much.

Freerolls are a very smart thing to do since you can win free money. If you cash in freerolls a lot then you can have a nice bankroll to start out with.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management