Stable Salary or Poker?

N

neiltur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also ask myself this question is it possible to live in poker? I want to venture into this life but am I still in doubt about a stable salary or poker?

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
very soon i will completely be making my living off of medium to high stakes poker cash games (and a few fun SnG maybe but not long tournaments because so much time to a luck based outcome is idiotic if you rely on it for income).

I am the single best human at poker it's just my brain wasn't yet evolved into that state it's now happening and soon you will be feeling terror when i sit upon your table.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would choose a stable salary of $ 2000. But I earn poker because in my country there are no such salaries for ordinary mortals.

paulinhlt

paulinhlt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer stable wages with random poker hahaha
trying to hit a bighit XD

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
very soon i will completely be making my living off of medium to high stakes poker cash games (and a few fun SnG maybe but not long tournaments because so much time to a luck based outcome is idiotic if you rely on it for income).

I am the single best human at poker it's just my brain wasn't yet evolved into that state it's now happening and soon you will be feeling terror when i sit upon your table.

Good Luck Rational Madman! We'll be waiting for this moment.

daniel-negreanu-4994.jpg

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer a stable salary at work. But poker is also a job, only to play poker for the sake of money is not worth it. I think that in order for poker to become a permanent job - it is necessary to look for another motivation other than money.

Last edited:
F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hear that only about 3 percent of players are the winners. Keeping a steady job should be the intelligent thing to do. Poker is fun for me... If I win big, cool. I wont be putting my life on hold for a profession full of pitfalls.
After the cost for the pc, internet, rake, there are cost for playing... Plus, most players are very competitive, so I would suggest to keep your day job in most cases.

lulu pk

lulu pk

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When we know that only aproximately 3% to 5% of poker players are wining long term players. Stable salary would be the answer.
Beside the money you have also the social aspect of being online players and that's also not easy.
The best would be if you can take 6 month of from your work and try...

M

mr_poker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Better work and a stable income and poker as a hobby.

J

jesus133

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker passion

poker is my passion but you have to look for a stable salary

stefan94

stefan94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stable salary is always the best option for me , I am looking at poker now just a way to have fun and practice , because I still need a lot to learn about it .

S

saintjoebromo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Stable salary for me but wouldn't it be nice to get to that point.

T

TheBull953

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's really important to learn good bankroll management before diving in, otherwise you risk going broke and having neither! I think a stable job (at least part time) gives you a chance to take shots you wouldn't be able to take otherwise.

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stable salary really, do not depend on a variance

RedGnom

RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
even when gamers wins the money they always looking where get down the earnings for....so you need stable work to earn money for poker and then come back to the job with investments (freelance business for example)

J

jaso_orni

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do what you enjoy

Philosophy of life dictates every one has to do what you enjoy, do you really enjoy poker over all?

V

Verfox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stable salary is preferable for me but who knows, maybe one day i won't need it because of poker. Hope so [emoji23]

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not win anything from poker, other than fun. One day maybe I want to be profitable with that.
And about having a fixed income, in the month, there are several who live in poker and make good money, it is possible, yes, it is not as easy as they think it is possible.

V

velho_leo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is life. I'm studying to one day be a professional poker player and live the game

rckstr2b

rckstr2b

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker, life's too short to be a drone.....

C

cristian_maria

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Better work and a stable income and poker as a hobby.

Vlad symrak

Vlad symrak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To leave his unloved job can throw just retired, but this is my personal opinion.: Pcguru:

S

Smokewood

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I decided to create a small poll, what would you choose? Stable salary on not favorite work, or poker?

P.S: is addressed to micro-medium limiters, whose main earnings is poker. For high roller all clear

A stable salary of 2k $ with a rise in perspective, or online poker as the main kind of earnings?

It is desirable to leave your comments about this :)

BOTH!