TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
IMO you bet your strong hands when you have them. Now depending on the type of player you are in the pot with, it can sometimes be more profitable to slow play a strong hand that need zero protection. If the villain is super aggressive and was the pfr then I will most of the time allow them to bet for me, and let them try to hit something that allows them to barrel 3 streets into me. I will sneak in a check raise/raise in on the turn or river depending on the players tendencies to continue betting turn and rivers.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Slow play

You should be careful of slow playing a hand due to the facts that it allows your opponent to see cards for cheap and you win a mediocre sized pot and even sometimes lose a good portion of your sack because someone hit their river card unbeknownst to you.

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Slow-playing can be very efficient in bluffing. For me, I usually play pretty quickly but sometimes I'll take a long time with a bluff so as to make the other play think I have something and can't decide what to do.

M

martina pinto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I choose the slow games because the structure time is 10 or 15 minutes in raising the blind and as I am very selective with my hands I usually wait and wait so I am more comfortable when defining each play

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slow play.

Depends on the size of your stack. Larger stack = bet, shorter stack = slow play.

rafikjan

rafikjan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slow-playing, for the most part, is counterproductive according to poker strategies because if and when you hit your monster hand, the pot had not been raised to it max levels due to you slow playing and just making calls on each flop.