Slow Plays

D

domdiego

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, i had bad experience in Slow plays at Texas Holden , i think is best chance to win when do a Slow plays is for Straight Flush or Full House what do you think?

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slow-playing, for the most part, is counterproductive according to poker strategies because if and when you hit your monster hand, the pot had not been raised to it max levels due to you slow playing and just making calls on each flop.

You make money by raising the pots, not by slow playing when you have strong hands.

B

Banderasz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with NBB. You should slowplay very exeptional situations. So usually you should bet/raise instead of slowplay.

gocho2009

gocho2009

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the slow play allows your opponent to get cheaply connect their cards ... I prefer to play aggressively

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never slow play AA preflop if 4 or 5 players see flop chances are you will lose most of the time the only hands you should slow play maybe you flop a poker or something and do not want to chase your customers away good luck

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Spow play for me can be like AAA and as you said very strong hands.

luiaguila

luiaguila

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you have to know how to combine the game is never good slow or fast but there are games that really have to play slowly remember that it is a tournament that is the one who resists more to reach a final table and not who wins more chips fast

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play to win chips with big hands - worry more about losing chips with bad hands. :)

If you connect so hard with the board your opponent can't have anything you should hope they catch up a little before betting in most cases.

Do not agree with slow-playing straight-flushes... if your opponent has a flush or a draw to a big flush you are costing yourself chips by not betting.

If you never slow-play you start to become predictable - why make it easier on your opponents?

Good luck to you!

rsimms

rsimms

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are situations where playing slow is a great way to maximize your profit in a hand, however betting with big cards should be the go too. I find that slow playing depends on the kind of opponents you are playing against. Against very aggressive opponents you can let them do the betting for you usually. They will bet with their good holdings and it also gives them the opportunity to bluff.

If playing against a smart opponent who is observant of what is going on around them, slow playing can be a big no-no, if you normally raise with your big cards. They will suspect something is up when you are limp-calling, or checking over boards that hit your range, and they will continue taking free cards to hit their hand, or get out of the hand when you start to bet for value. The best thing to do is to play as you normally would with marginal hands so you don't raise any suspicion.

My favorite time to slow play AA is late in a tournament, when the table is getting into the all-in or fold action. AA is so far ahead of what you opponent has that going all-in will only win the blinds which is always disappointing. Limping and back raising all-in is ideal pre-flop. Post-flop, it gives your opponent the chance to make a pair and bet / go all-in themselves. This is pretty dangerous, but at the late stages of a tournament, I play for 1st. One 1st play pays two times 2nd and 4 times 3rd and if something bad happens from playing slow, so be it.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Slow play should be used very carefully.

It can be considered only when there is no need to protect the hand, or you simply can not protect it.

You give your opponents a free card. Obviously, you can afford it only if you absolutely do not care if you come on the river or river.

Do not slow-wave against a few opponents, do not slouplete on wood boards, do not slow-wave against passive players.

Only when you are sure that the opponent will accept
an invitation to bluff and replay your hand.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When the table is agressive, like early in many freerolls.
Slowplay can confuse your opponent, while the pot will be filled anyway.
When you flop the nuts, keep all players active and filling the pot.

Insomnia6590

Insomnia6590

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, i had bad experience in Slow plays at Texas Holden , i think is best chance to win when do a Slow plays is for Straight Flush or Full House what do you think?
I try to make every decision within 5-7 seconds
so I leave less room for the opponent to conclude what kind of hand I have

Maybe it's right and maybe not
but I'm thinking about it like that

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That also depends on what part of a tournament you are doing slowplay, it is not the same to do slowplay of aces in a final table than to do it at the beginning of a tournament, at the beginning of the tournament 90% of the time you will go wrong

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's a mistake we've all made at some time when we think we have the winning hand

Comdemn

Comdemn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

In most cases, slow playing to use is not profitable, but sometimes for example when you moved to a new table or when the prizes left to fly a few people-it justifies itself. But strong combinations like straight flush, full house is better to play as usual , that is, spend as much time on the course as you spend in most hands, it will help you hide the power of your hand. I prefer to do that!;)

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a good rise from the slow game, I have not seen much ..)))
always try to play raise a bet ...

:captain:

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best situation for slow play is when your opponent have a strong made hand but you have the nuts. Straight flush is fine but slow playing boats aren't ideal. You may have a boat but what if your opponent has a bigger one? I lost a good about against bigger boats and I wasn't even slow playing them.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Only in the case when I am sure that it is impossible to assemble a combination better than mine.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Bubble needs slow play sometimes but it not fair.I use it sometimes.poker stars stops accounts for slow play.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It depends on your poker strategy and on the yours opponents.
Usually, I prefer playing aggressive but, anyway, patience is more important.

S

Sumrak050690

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

Hello! My opinion is that this choice depends on the size of my stack and opponents at the table. My choice depends on my observations while playing at the table, I do not always pull the time, but if I have a stack, I try to play a wide range of hands ))

C

clasrasmusso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are two different slow plays, those who play more tables at the same time, and those who think you'll have to wait a long time for racing. I like when things go fast the tables play a lot of zoom.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never slow play why give the other players a chance at a free card that could cost you.:):):)

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally love the slow play/slow roll. Do I use it in most situations? No....

I love it when I'm up against a maniac player that Cbets 90% of the time, has a huge 3bet range, and just want to bully the table. I run into this a lot in the middle stage of tournaments, and after a NIT/LAG hits a few hands in cash, and now feels unstoppable...the only way to beat these players and bring them off thier high horse is to slow roll them. I know a lot of pros hate the slow roll, but I promise you if they arent on TV, and they are playing against a player that feels they are unstoppable. They will use it in a heart beat. A lot of my profits life time have came off these plays.

Now with that said, most of the time I dont have a chance to use it, either I dont get the cards, or the players arent setting themselves up for it. so my advise is to play agressive, dont give them a chance to draw out on you, but if you know your opponet is gonna bet with air over 75% of the time, and your consistently hitting top pair, with a draw. Its the only way your gonna take there stack.

C

clasrasmusso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My experience with slow playing is usually to them
Most have a very good hand when they play slowly.