Slow players drive me crazy....

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I think that each player takes their time to decide how to play the hand they have, which must also be taken into account from where the other person is playing and the issue of the internet connection, I have noticed that this happens sometimes. Then you can get to play turbo tournaments where banking time is minimal.

Fofa

Fofa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Its a turtle race, some turtles just dont care about the race and walk enjoying the environment :p

Gavincwb

Gavincwb

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Haste is the enemy of perfection. Sometimes the player is at several tables and in action at another table.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
No Time-Banks and Max 10 seconds to respond would be perfect. The fewer multi-tablers the better. It also makes it more difficult to look at charts or solvers.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Is there anything worst then someone Waites till the very end before deciding to go or not.. I know it takes time to decide but everytime.... wish they had ratings on players so if your legit there to play and can keep up with normal playing time and separate the ones that just not as interested. Or is it just me feels this way?? Hope everyone's good and healthy sending out good vibes and hope y'all winning....
Of course, there are players who deliberately take a long time to make decisions in order to annoy their opponents, but there are not so many such players. But don't forget also, there are players who play at the same time at 4 or 6 tables and they really need time to think.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I advise you to play more tables. It will certainly ease your annoyance.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Is there anything worst then someone Waites till the very end before deciding to go or not.. I know it takes time to decide but everytime.... wish they had ratings on players so if your legit there to play and can keep up with normal playing time and separate the ones that just not as interested. Or is it just me feels this way?? Hope everyone's good and healthy sending out good vibes and hope y'all winning....
Everyone has the right to play as they see fit. You cannot know for what reason a player thinks for a long time about his decisions. If you're bored, just play more tables and ignore the slow play of your opponents :)

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think this may be due to the fact that players are playing on multiple tables. I myself play more often at 2-3 tables, so I have something to pay attention while others are spending their timebanks :D Be strong and let the actions of your opponents never cause you negative emotions!💪

rhoudini

rhoudini

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Remember the good old quote from The Godfather:

"Never hate your enemies. It affects your judgement."

That may seem "things from movies" but it's true at a poker table. You start not liking someone's actions and without realizing you may start taking decisions just to catch that particular player. So many times I've seen this happen, someone start making crazy moves, someone tilts and starts calling with marginal hands, or even going all-in with 30, 40 BB with hands like AJ, KQ, etc. Don't fall into this trap. Some people just want to see the world burn. Keep calm and try to explore it properly.

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hi, I think they are slow player because poker need some time to take a decision and take account that a good player analyze every hand, we only need patience and use these time to get information about of players.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
guys, you must understand! online poker is designed for multi-tabling and if you play 1 table and it infuriates you that you have to wait 3 minutes for each spin, then it’s your fault. often after this, players simply start doing nonsense out of boredom, for example, 3-betting all utg ajo ato and similar hands, even without that it’s better to think longer about each hand than to make decisions at once, and 3-bet 3-4bb against 2bb and do similar nonsense. I’m not saying that everyone who makes immediate decisions plays terribly, but this is often the case
I'm the exception to your rule: I'm slowly player making bad decisions. This is an extraordinary talent that is not available to every player. And in general, I still don't understand what the author of the topic is not satisfied with. In different tournaments there is a certain time to make a decision. Everything is regulated by poker rooms. :LOL:

farmoline

farmoline

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
MD
Chips
Well, whatever it is, they have every right to do it.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Whenever you see some creature who literally practices for timewasting world championships then you can always speed up the game instead by making constant calls, raises (or even all-ins) so these weirdos wouldnt get too much time to slow the game down ...

lala123

lala123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poor internet connection can be one of the reasons why some people play slowly

PupsikCat

PupsikCat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
At the bubba of an expensive tournament they drag it out so much you can go crazy, get used to it

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As annoying as it is, I try to use the time to make better decisions on another table.

If it gets too bad, I just open another table.

If you are multi-tabling you shouldnt let it bother you - you should use it to your advantage.

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it's near a oay jump or a bubble yes i understand it but if it's in a normal scenario i hate it takes to much time especially in online

franciscomos

franciscomos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes mate I understand you, that's really annoying, there's also another players that wait until and get sit out but quickly they click on I'm back again so they can't spend more time again, I have a theory, maybe they have some poker tools at their PC so they're probably checking numbers and possibilities

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I play slowly just to lose my opponent's patience. I see here that my goal is always achieved. Are you in a hurry? Fly in a jet plane. It’s all part of each person’s strategy. You need to exercise patience in poker.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I do tend to be a slower player as I like to think about the best option to each play i can make. This said. 70% of the time at least pre flop I have the auto fold checked but post flop I am more deliberate in my thinking and play.

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't pay attention to such little things. If my opponent needs time to make a decision, I will be happy to watch, for example, YouTube while he thinks :)

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As other players can sit out if they like,
I can think about what to do with 72 offsuit within the time given to me, it is my time, every time.
It is according to the rules of the game.

Balou1982

Balou1982

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
there is always 1 or 2 slow players on a table during a big tournament, of course it happens due to a bad net connection but sometimes it is tactic to
double up agianst fishes or maniacs who think they can handle it with s..t hole cards :)!
in my opinion with there are 6-7 players@ table who play at normal speed and one is a maniac who goes all in three time in a row i will play slow when his play is continuing that way. just in case i get a monster i hope he is my only villain and then i call/check and raise/ go all in after flop ;-)

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don’t know, this doesn’t stop me from playing, after all, it is their right to do this and it is not prohibited by the rules, which means you must be prepared for such actions on the part of your opponent!!! And for those who are in too much of a hurry, I recommend reading the book - “Daniel Kahneman Think Slow, Decide Fast”

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ya, slow players drive Me crazy too!.. But... they train my Patience! And Patience in Poker is most important Skill by my opinion!