Slow play ... Free cards to your opponent ?

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The slow play strategy is to call or check in situations where the player could easily raise and even re-raise. Thus, the player who plays the slow game manages to keep as many people in the deal as possible and thereby increase the pot. The moment one of the opponents considers his hand to be the best, makes a big bet, or goes all-in, he will be trapped in slow-play.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometimes passive play is very profitable, but this is not always the case. I don't think passive play will always be the right strategy for playing poker. A balance between aggressive and passive play is definitely needed depending on the opponent and the situation at the table !!!

A

AirforcePug

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Slow play

I’m still new to this but I find that when I slow play I either don’t get much money for the time spent or I lose to some awkward hands the opponent had. Except if I really had the killer hand on the flop.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

cleaning is not for everyone I think it depends a lot on our stak and position in a tournament !!! Obviously you give your opponent the chance to see the flop for free but hey if you have AA and they all fold at the table, you and another player can do it ... for there he wants to press you by going oll in and you catch him with your premiums ... regards

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Slow playing monsters is supposed to be profitable in the long run. Trouble is that I always seem to be in a poker sprint and always get caught at the finish line!

Ellvira

Ellvira

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi guys, what you think about slow play ? A way to make your oppenent bluff you and make more value , or Just a opportunity to them find their cards ...
good point, I try not to give a free card,